masthead.jpg

box01.jpg

box02.jpg

:D

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Save your time. Just sign up online.

Cash upfront and there is no minimum brokerage fee! You can just buy a $10 worth of stock also :p

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buy $0.001 penny stock
fee is 0.2 cents
how to pay:s11::eek:

unclebutcher

Reaction score
Save your time. Just sign up online.

Cash upfront and there is no minimum brokerage fee! You can just buy a $10 worth of stock also :p
yes! A Godsend for people like me who want to DCA with limited funds.

Imagine you can buy 1 lot of a penny stock, say PTCL, at 40c and the commission is 80c :o

The old boy's club of local brokers aren't going to be happy....

Last edited:

unclebutcher

Reaction score
SCB no contra.
I beliebe you CAN contra, cash is still only debited from you on T+3. Obviously you have to have the cash inside before you are allowed to buy.

I don;t think this is a problem, except for those who contra with money they don't have.

IIIUSION

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Confirm is cash upfront a/c? So only can buy can't sell?

Last edited:

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know I'm going to sound terribly xenophobia but I dun trust foreign banks.

When I first graduated, my first credit card was actually with SCB. There customer service was quite terrible and they were very sticky on charges like late charge, interest charge, annual fee.

So in the end, I severed my relationship with them and never looked back. More or less same experience with Citibank. Bank of China was not a bad experience.

These was in the past and I'm sure their customer service has improved. But there is nothing that these foreign banks can offered me that the big 3 does not. And this will probably be through even when I become a HNWI.

So thanks but no thanks. Once bittern twice shy.

comeonshowme

Reaction score
From the term and conditions:
To qualify for the Online Trading promotion, all trades must be transacted online from 6 June 2011 to 15 July 2011 (both dates inclusive) ("Promotion Period").

I do not know what it means, but this no min comm maybe is within the promotion period only, does not mean forever...

Shihtzu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From the term and conditions:
To qualify for the Online Trading promotion, all trades must be transacted online from 6 June 2011 to 15 July 2011 (both dates inclusive) ("Promotion Period").

I do not know what it means, but this no min comm maybe is within the promotion period only, does not mean forever...

thanks for the info..

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

When I first graduated, my first credit card was actually with SCB. There customer service was quite terrible and they were very sticky on charges like late charge, interest charge, annual fee.

So in the end, I severed my relationship with them and never looked back. More or less same experience with Citibank. Bank of China was not a bad experience.

These was in the past and I'm sure their customer service has improved. But there is nothing that these foreign banks can offered me that the big 3 does not. And this will probably be through even when I become a HNWI.

wow that must be very long years ago. and you know things have changed.

i would say SCB is one of the best bank in singapore at the moment. i have personally benefitted from them with all their promotions and giveaways so far. im sure many others are loving SCB too.

ktee

Reaction score

I just called cit1 and got my late charge+interest waived for my cc. They allow once in 12 months.

I went to UOB to withdraw cash thru ATM & forgot the pin. I went to counter to request for pin change. They said need to replace the atm card and have to pay 5 bucks. I told them my card is still new. They said it is policy. They will only waive if the card is damaged. I said i might as well damaged the card 1st. they said - up to u!. :eek: i told them other banks wont charge for pin change, they said other banks do. After i complaint more, the manager came and finally waived the charge but still give me a new card. Wat a waste of resources. Somemore fr the best reatil bank in Singapore. :s8:

Chua Zhiming

Reaction score
dbs vickers cash upfront cheaper right? 0.18%

DBSV CU is 0.18% but minimum of $18.

SCB is 0.2% but no minimum.

Meaning any purchase below 10k, its cheaper with SCB.

But i dun think i will sign up ... cause i dont trade that much , and i usually save to 10k before investing in a particular stock. And their lack of information on how this work is quite annoying. :o =:p

V

victorlht88

can't even find any links or news of it online at their website. anyone can share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.