Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowkilllater

Reaction score
can i ask one question, is it possible that when you set a limit order, but when the order gets transacted at another price?:s11:

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried the interface, like not very friendly?

Must know stock quote to add to watchlist?

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
brokerage-info3.png

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

nice chart, a lot of missing info, but good start.

can consider adding other categories such as:

(1) whether you can buy value added services like queue depth.
(2) how good is the user interface, eg: warrants interface, shares interface.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why so many questions? im not working for SCB. but im willing to help them because they are my favorite bank now. i hope they roll out more goodies in future :D

so only way to do so is:

1. transfer from other banks to standchart savings account
2. transfer internally from SC savings account to settlement account
3. buy from market using standchart platform

Yes thats right.

Tried the interface, like not very friendly?

Must know stock quote to add to watchlist?

why is it so tough? do you need a fanciful platform with higher charges or do you need a simple platform less all the useless charges? its your choice. all you need to do is open SGX website to get all the stock codes and enter into SCB.

may i know typically how long does it take for SCB to credit the shares to our SCB account? Next business day?

follow the standard settlement with the other brokers. T+4 if i am not wrong. but i believe, you can sell once you purchased. because you have already paid for your shares and SCB will do the offset. this is something i have not tried though.

Can someone explain to me the procedure for buying US$ denominated shares? Is the share settlement account is a S$ account? Does that mean that SCB automatically converts US$ to S$ or...?

you need to fund your FCY account with USD. upon doing a transfer of SGD -> USD, you will be asked a confirmation whether you want to accept their conversion rate.

now still cannot mobile trade ??

you can. use a smartphone browser that can set the user agent as a desktop. go google to find out for iphone. use dolphin mini browser for android.

Last edited:

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like it doesn't allow buying of warrants?

Tried adding the stock code...."symbol not found"....

S1rius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read that the shares we buy are under SCB? Means we don;t get to own the shares under our name?

its still under your name, just that SCB is your custodian.

Likewise, if trade thru other brokerage firm, CDP is your custodian.

bardsmanship

Reaction score
I just applied for an online trading account yesterday, but it's not reflected when I log in to my SCB account... how long does it take for the application to be processed?

Don't wanna miss any buying opportunities next week :)

Nightmare_Angel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 qns i have in mind and i hope the bros here can help me with it:

1) I need to have $$$ in my SCB Settlement Account before i can trade? Can't i place a buy order and if it's successful, then i transfer the $$$ from my Xtra Saver Account to my Settlement Account within T+3?

2) How do i transfer shares from my CDP account (got it from IPO) to my SCB account?

Thank you. :)

Nightmare_Angel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just applied for an online trading account yesterday, but it's not reflected when I log in to my SCB account... how long does it take for the application to be processed?

Don't wanna miss any buying opportunities next week :)

It will probably take around a week. They will inform you by mail. :)

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 qns i have in mind and i hope the bros here can help me with it:

1) I need to have $$$ in my SCB Settlement Account before i can trade? Can't i place a buy order and if it's successful, then i transfer the $$$ from my Xtra Saver Account to my Settlement Account within T+3?

2) How do i transfer shares from my CDP account (got it from IPO) to my SCB account?

Thank you. :)

1) you need to have $$$ in your SA. after buy order filled, someone managed to transfer the $$$ out when the platform just started. but why would you want to do that? make sure you are not slapped with OD charges.

2) download 2 forms. the CDP one is from CDP website. the following link is the form for SCB. fill up and go down to battery road.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lddwhzyj74ephgh

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
before doing the transfer, ensure that you know the shortcomings of the platform.

if you trade in small amount and you are just interested with low fees, then go ahead.

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you dont hold shares in SCB, you cannot sell. the system wouldnt allow you to sell.

SCB platform came in at the very best time when market is bleeding. My advice to all is to buy in small quantities and spread your purchases. You dont have to worry about minimum commission. :s13:

if i buy and pay today, after how many working days would SCB credit the shares into my SCB securities acc?

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Transferring to SCB is definitely a cost-saving approach, unless your selling contract worth is around $9000 to $13333.

Detailed calculations are mentioned in http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=58740912&postcount=209

can ignore the transfer fees. i have done a few transfers ;)

if i buy and pay today, after how many working days would SCB credit the shares into my SCB securities acc?

standard settlement period applies.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow which means it may be a few business days later before i can start to sell the same counter i bought today?

didnt you read my posts? you can sell anytime because you have paid for your shares.

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can ignore the transfer fees. i have done a few transfers ;)

Ya, I'm just sharing the theoretical approach that it's worth transferring if the selling contract is not within $9000 to $13333.

That said, even if i were to sell a contract worth between $9000-$13333 at SCB, the difference compared to selling it at say, Phillip Securities, would be very small. Example:

Selling a contract worth $10000 at SCB = $20 + $10 (transfer)
Selling a contract worth $10000 at Phillip @ 0.275% = $27.5

So bottomline is like what you said, just transfer everything over to SCB. Let SCB earn more also good...it will make this system sustainable. :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.