Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
is it possible to subscribe to IPO with standard chartered brokerage? Interested in ascendas hospitality trust.

apply the ipo with atm ($2 commission fee) , then once you got it, it will be in your cdp, then transfer the ipo from cdp to standchart or else take private placement from broker (1% commission fee), once in cdp, transfer from cdp to standchart

juswyq

Reaction score
so that means there will be quite a lot of admin fees? especiially if i'm only thinking of buying a small amount (maybe $1 or $2k worth)

how about the method lionelow mentioned - look for eps?

lionelow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so that means there will be quite a lot of admin fees? especiially if i'm only thinking of buying a small amount (maybe $1 or $2k worth)

how about the method lionelow mentioned - look for eps?

look into ur standchart online banking should have.

juswyq

Reaction score
look into ur standchart online banking should have.

don't see it anywhere.. I must be blind lol. Maybe i'll give them a call. I realise i don't have a CDP account yet but I do hold a few stocks in my SC account.

dettolSG

Reaction score
Just applied for a SC online trading account. The rep who attended to me mentioned that there's no custodian fee, YET. Which means SC may charge custodian fee in the future.

I specifically asked the account opening rep if there're any charges for transferring my holdings from SC to CDP, or i have to liquidate my holdings in SC.

The rep's ans was: There's no charge to transfer from CDP to SC, so i don't think there's any charge vice versa.

I was rather surprised by the answer. As a staff, should at least be certain when it comes to such factual responses rite, rather than "i don't think"? Anyway she also didn't try to confirm this with her colleagues so i didn't try to probe further.

Hyphos

Master Member
Reaction score
Intend to open a SC trading account. However, for transferring of shares from my existing trading account (POEMS), they say they need some ISIN number? Where do I find it?

diu___

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now scb online trading getting more n more popular

i believe this is just a promotion period
they earning peanuts lor

i just worried when they will play punk
and charge more %%%%

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now scb online trading getting more n more popular

i believe this is just a promotion period
they earning peanuts lor

i just worried when they will play punk
and charge more %%%%

I think they will continue for a while..recently they still have the promotion where first 2 trades are free... still building customer base I guess.

juswyq

Reaction score
anyone facing issues logging in? I can't seem to log in. After keying in the OTP it just gets stuck.

edit: can liao :)

Last edited:

IMPERIAL EMPIRE

Reaction score
since SCB is holding share for me, I cannot attend AGM or vote, I only buy few shares so cant influence the board anyway

but if got dividends, will i get notification and will i get them?

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I transfer shares from SCB to CDP? Don't like the idea of losing voting rights.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can I transfer shares from SCB to CDP? Don't like the idea of losing voting rights.

actually it doesnt matter, at least we know that standchart and the voting rights will be in safe hand and they wont anyhow anyhow vote

muyDI.jpg

but just that cannot go agm jiak buffet :(

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually it doesnt matter, at least we know that standchart and the voting rights will be in safe hand and they wont anyhow anyhow vote

Actually, it does matter. I can't vote my way.

By the way Sinkie, since you are working in a brokerage, is the SCB online trading now considered a threat to traditional brokerages? Don't have to answer if this is too sensitive.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Actually, it does matter. I can't vote my way.

By the way Sinkie, since you are working in a brokerage, is the SCB online trading now considered a threat to traditional brokerages? Don't have to answer if this is too sensitive.

Not really, from what I heard from people from the higher management, there was little or no impact. There was initial concern on the emergence of scb no min commission structure, they had a meeting with all brokerages and decided to sort of do a "wait-and-see" approach and believe servicing is the only way to mitigate the impact.

And after a year, there was no or little impact at all. If there is enough servicing done to clients, clients are satisfied and they will not mind the minimum commission structure especially they dont have time to monitor and usually their purchase will somehow exceed the minimum comm and also rich and bigger clients wants very good and dedicated servicing and don't even mind paying for offline orders.

There was once i was covering for a colleagues who was off for reservist, he called in to ask for ihh placement, I told him his broker was away for reservist and i couldnt do his placement for him and told him to go ATM, he was furious and told me what is ATM, he don't have an ATM card and do I expect him to queue to bid for ihh? He was willing to pay 2% commission but I couldn't do anything so he hanged up. Haha.

Then I talked to a few brokers in the same industry, they were glad that scb came about and "reduce" their workload for those who contributed small commission and still ask for lower commission and now they have more time for their bigger clients.

I guess once temesak sold their 17.8% of scb to other foreign investor, then it will be a "national" concern ba..

Anyway these are not my views so disclaimer applies as always..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.