Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litmuss

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard can only transfer USD to our usd account only on SG working hours is it?

taolibuyan

Reaction score
Stanchart is maintaining its low cost fee structure. utilise it while it lasts! buy in smaller lots to ride these volatile and uncertain periods.

I only wish they issue us a token instead of SMS for 2nd factor verification...sometimes SMS never arrive:) not very often but w token we never need to worry about heavy traffice for SMS.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I only wish they issue us a token instead of SMS for 2nd factor verification...sometimes SMS never arrive:) not very often but w token we never need to worry about heavy traffice for SMS.

token is coming in early Jan 2013 if you have registered. the token will be the size of a credit card.

Arya.Stark

Reaction score
just checked the website.

SCB NOW no more free commision?

promotions.jpg

Hoo8899

Reaction score
When SCB started this, they give free trades until 31-Aug if I remembered the date correctly. For transferred of shares, I checked with SCB and they told me SGX will charged $10 + GST per lot. Assuming that you have 10 lots of GAR, that's cost you $107 which is more than the broker charges of other broker firm. So I only buy/sell from SCB and never do transfer.

Hoo8899

Reaction score

Objection!! Carry all the bank's tokens with you all the time is very very very inconvenience, and I don't carry lady's handbag... If SMS don't arrive, you should change your phone.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Objection!! Carry all the bank's tokens with you all the time is very very very inconvenience, and I don't carry lady's handbag... If SMS don't arrive, you should change your phone.

I don't do mobile banking cos I don't want to carry my tokens :s13:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

I think there will no longer be SMS verification liao from January 2013, and replaced solely by tokens.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so for existing customers is the brokerage fee different from last time or still the same?

tofuguy

Master Member
Reaction score
so for existing customers is the brokerage fee different from last time or still the same?

Still the same for me.

Regarding the comment about free commission; IIRC there was a promotion period where they offered 100 dollars worth of commission. or 2 trades, whichever hits 1st.

The token rule is MAS ruling. Some banks implement faster (DBS), some slower, but all must compliant by certain date.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think there will no longer be SMS verification liao from January 2013, and replaced solely by tokens.

from my limited understanding, it is not mandatory still to use token to login until MAS make it mandatory (which nobody knows when). At the moement, it is optional until further notice.

and also *again limited understanding*, dbsv, ocbc and scb will have their own token, the same token that they used with their own banks, the rest of the brokerages house will share one common token called one-key token.

for more information on the one-key token, refer to https://www.itradecimb.com.sg/app/h...02&subsubcat=40288c9f3ae4c28e013afd79dbd7020d

cheers..

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
from my limited understanding, it is not mandatory still to use token to login until MAS make it mandatory (which nobody knows when). At the moement, it is optional until further notice.

and also *again limited understanding*, dbsv, ocbc and scb will have their own token, the same token that they used with their own banks, the rest of the brokerages house will share one common token called one-key token.

for more information on the one-key token, refer to https://www.itradecimb.com.sg/app/h...02&subsubcat=40288c9f3ae4c28e013afd79dbd7020d

cheers..
It's mandatory leh. I was required to change to the token system when I applied for my banking account (using SMS verification previously) to include trading account functions lor.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It's mandatory leh. I was required to change to the token system when I applied for my banking account (using SMS verification previously) to include trading account functions lor.

ohhh, i guess because the trading platform is 'built' into the banking website, and that is why the token is needed to access the banking website to go to the trading platform. like that you all better make sure you bring along the token to everywhere you go, or else when market turn and you forgot to bring the token or lost the token, you all got no 'broker' to call to place order liaoo..

over here, i was briefed just today that it is not mandatory still and clients are recommended and adviced to beat the 'rush' before MAS make it mandatory to use token somewhere in 2013 (no target date still) and also even though the one-token system is already in place beside the login screen, there is no need and it is optional to use the token to login

and when MAS finally decides to make it mandatory, there will always be a 1 to 2 months of window for all to apply for the token.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ohhh, i guess because the trading platform is 'built' into the banking website, and that is why the token is needed to access the banking website to go to the trading platform. like that you all better make sure you bring along the token to everywhere you go, or else when market turn and you forgot to bring the token or lost the token, you all got no 'broker' to call to place order liaoo..

over here, i was briefed just today that it is not mandatory still and clients are recommended and adviced to beat the 'rush' before MAS make it mandatory to use token somewhere in 2013 (no target date still) and also even though the one-token system is already in place beside the login screen, there is no need and it is optional to use the token to login

and when MAS finally decides to make it mandatory, there will always be a 1 to 2 months of window for all to apply for the token.
According to the mailer I got with the token, it indicates that I need not activate the token. It will automatically take over the SMS verification on January 2013. So I can't use the token until January 2013.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
According to the mailer I got with the token, it indicates that I need not activate the token. It will automatically take over the SMS verification on January 2013. So I can't use the token until January 2013.

any idea for existing clients, how will i receive my token? as of now, im still using the sms thing.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
any idea for existing clients, how will i receive my token? as of now, im still using the sms thing.

I think can apply on the internet if u had applied for internet account, or can call them lor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.