Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone find it confusing to track how much money you have in total?

Does the purchasing power shows the amount of cash you should have assuming all the transactions (T+3) are completed?

I found that my purchasing power will fluctuate slightly even when I did not do any trade, can't figure out why :s22:

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the amount is not even accurate. Once I 'shorted' the stock unintentionally because their system says I had this much. Then when I sold had to cover the position. It doesn't calculates future value but once a trade is done, auto add or deduct from balance. Unless you're talking about appearing in your securities acct

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so confusing that i can't track even if they eat my money away a bit by a bit

yesterday i recorded my purchasing power, this morning come the amount reduce by about $2.

just now done a trade, then found $12 missing from my purchasing power again which I can't account for, haiz :o

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dont see the purchasing power.

i made my own calculations in my Excel to know the exact amount due base on the transacted prices. Most of the time my calculations are correct up to +- $0.005 of the settlement amount on due date.

steventay

Banned
Reaction score
I think i know what already..

market order is the one that i should place..

just bought 100 lot of G3B STI ETF at the price of S$316 :(

it is 100 shares...

if 100 lots... u are power
100 lots is 10,000 shares worth 30K++

:s13:

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
stand chart ib not working now
screen not moving after entering otp and SUBMIT

lazarus213

Reaction score
Just registered awhile ago, but they didn't have any brochures or pamphlets to provide me.

May I ask if this SC Online Trading Platform allows me to purchase from the Singapore Stock Index, the Singapore Bond Index and the World or US Stock Index?

I see that this platform may be good for Dollar Cost Averaging - is this something that I would manually have to manage or is there a way to GIRO or some other similar method of automatically investing my intended monthly amount?

Lastly, is there a way to automatically reinvest dividends?

Thanks in advance for your help! Keen to start my investing journey.

MRbeanie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just registered awhile ago, but they didn't have any brochures or pamphlets to provide me.

May I ask if this SC Online Trading Platform allows me to purchase from the Singapore Stock Index, the Singapore Bond Index and the World or US Stock Index?

I see that this platform may be good for Dollar Cost Averaging - is this something that I would manually have to manage or is there a way to GIRO or some other similar method of automatically investing my intended monthly amount?

KEEN TO KNOW ABOUT THIS TOO

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's good for DCA cos of the low commission, but you have to do it manually. So every month you have to transfer your money over, then buy the stock. Also, you have to buy minimum 1 lot. For a true DCA you should get Poems SBP, which will do everything automatically, plus also allow you to buy an odd number of shares.

There is no way to automatically reinvest dividends, again you have to do it yourself. Unless you are referring to dividend reinvestment plans that some stocks have, where instead of getting dividends in cash, the cash is used to purchase the stock again at a slight discount. However, you end up with an odd number of shares and it will be a chore to sell them next time.

Carnesir

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I hold 10 lots of blue chip stock 30 dollars per counter is not ex at all..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.