Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbb005

Reaction score
nowadays, many companies don't send hardcopies already. they either send a cd or a link telling u where to download the reports

Last year I received a very good quality print hardcopy annual report from Saizen REIT..
I like it so much

urban_closet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you have a SCB savings account that is integrated with your trading account?

I did, so I was able to do a simple inter account transfer into the USD account. Of course, the rate they used was favorable to them.

fbb005

Reaction score
Do you have a SCB savings account that is integrated with your trading account?

I did, so I was able to do a simple inter account transfer into the USD account. Of course, the rate they used was favorable to them.

I have an esaver account...
Means if I transfer my SGD from esaver to USD settlement account they will automatic help me to convert to USD and deposit to the USD account to buy US share?

twelfth

Reaction score
Means if I transfer my SGD from esaver to USD settlement account they will automatic help me to convert to USD and deposit to the USD account to buy US share?

FYR

Account to be transferred from: E$AVER A/C, xxxxxxxxxxx
Account to be transferred to: FCY SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT, xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Currency and amount: SGD 1.00
Indicative Exchange Rate: 1.239200
Equivalent Amount: USD 0.81
When to be paid: 25/01/2013

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FYR

Account to be transferred from: E$AVER A/C, xxxxxxxxxxx
Account to be transferred to: FCY SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT, xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Currency and amount: SGD 1.00
Indicative Exchange Rate: 1.239200
Equivalent Amount: USD 0.81
When to be paid: 25/01/2013

this FX conversion rate @ 1.23 seems pretty reasonable

kheng86

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how long does the transferring of shares from cdp to SC take? mine took about 2 weeks already still no news :o

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
I have submitted 2 transfers before. Both times took 5 working days maximum and Free of Charge.

My recent securities transfer has already taken more than 2 working weeks. Gave a call to Customer Service but they were not able to check if there are any records of my submission.

Some RMs are very bitch. I think securities transfer doesn't net them enough commission to perform. So they hack care. There was once this RM actually wrote down my eSaver Account number for the transfer. It's like ... are you that stupid or what. I had a feeling my recent submission was tossed away after I left cos she said leave the rest to me. RM didn't bother to sign, stamp, or date infront of me.

And of all 3 times I made the transfer (at different branches and different RMs), I had never filled the form the same way as before. Each of the RMs insisted that I should fill the form according to what they think it should be. I know it's not the same because I actually took a photo of my 1st transfer submission and do a reference check on all my other subsequent transfers.

Anyway, my CDP account online still state that I am holding onto my shares. I'm not gonna pursue anymore. No professionalism at all those RMs.

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no point in trusting rm.
they are just normal banker who r out to get sales.

no clue on scb trading though.

dante-z

Master Member
Reaction score

YES, weekdays, between 9am to 9pm

kheng86

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have submitted 2 transfers before. Both times took 5 working days maximum and Free of Charge.

My recent securities transfer has already taken more than 2 working weeks. Gave a call to Customer Service but they were not able to check if there are any records of my submission.

Some RMs are very bitch. I think securities transfer doesn't net them enough commission to perform. So they hack care. There was once this RM actually wrote down my eSaver Account number for the transfer. It's like ... are you that stupid or what. I had a feeling my recent submission was tossed away after I left cos she said leave the rest to me. RM didn't bother to sign, stamp, or date infront of me.

And of all 3 times I made the transfer (at different branches and different RMs), I had never filled the form the same way as before. Each of the RMs insisted that I should fill the form according to what they think it should be. I know it's not the same because I actually took a photo of my 1st transfer submission and do a reference check on all my other subsequent transfers.

Anyway, my CDP account online still state that I am holding onto my shares. I'm not gonna pursue anymore. No professionalism at all those RMs.

mine also took more then 2 weeks already and still no news. I called the main hotline to ask for the direct no. to call the branch which I visited, but the CSO said no direct number!!

really fail man..

mysticqhl

Reaction score
Can I check if there is a way to see what is the gain/loss on the stock?

I notice it only show the price I bought and the quantity but doesn't have above information automatically.

TIA!

steventay

Banned
Reaction score
AceMoney Lite is a free personal finance software, the best free Quicken and Microsoft Money alternative. All features from its big brother are there, limited only to two accounts. As AceMoney, AceMoney Lite makes organizing personal finances and home budget a breeze. All features required by home or even small-business accountants are there:

it can link to yahoo finance and get the stock price.

you can enter all yr transactions( buy, sell, dividend, right etc) into Acemoney

Free Personal Finance Software - Quicken Alternative

alternate

JStock - Free Stock Market Software

JStock is a free stock market software for 26 countries. It provides Stock watchlist, Intraday stock price snapshot, Stock indicator editor, Stock indicator scanner and Portfolio management. Free SMS/email alert supported.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jstock/

Last edited:

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check if there is a way to see what is the gain/loss on the stock?

I notice it only show the price I bought and the quantity but doesn't have above information automatically.

TIA!

dun think so leh. and after the first day, it will no longer show your buy price but the closing price of the previous day I think

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now that I have this trading account. I can safely give some reviews.

Firstly, this is a custodian account. So all the shares you buy are under the custody of SCB. FYI, I have CDP linked brokerage accounts as well.

When it comes to owning individual shares, this does suck a little because of the lag in your response regarding rights issues and all that. Much like a CPFIS account with its dealings.

My wife and I co-invest with joint brokerage accounts and this made my wife very uncomfortable. So all the individual stocks are staying with CDP.

So what is this SCB trading account great for? ETF trading! This account has become our "core wealth" trading account. With the no custodian charges, it is great as a money stuffer for PAIF Bond ETF, STI ETF, iShares Short Term 1-3yr Bond ETF and even our SPDR Gold Trust is found here. Now we are looking into some regional ETF like CIMB Ethical.

Furthermore, our main CDP linked brokerage is CIMB. It is GIRO'd directly with our Starsaver account. However for some stupid reason CIMB is not in CDP's DCS scheme but SCB is! So all the local REIT and stock dividends go into the SCB account.

We started off with POEMS but their MMF is really poor compared the Starsaver account.

NetSurfing

Reaction score
SCB online trading not as real-time and transparent as I hoped it would be

hi, I would like to share my 1 year plus experience using SCB online trading platform. Now I am using another platform.

Advantages:
1) low commissions (main benefit)
2) some news feed/analyst reports

Disadvantages:
1) online platform very lumbersome, hard to trade relative to other platforms
2) hard to get real time quotes in one screen. have to go into each stock and click on ‘refresh’ to get real time quote.
3) this is the very painful part – very slow in informing about rights issues. and don’t send the full rights prospectus, unlike when your stocks are in CDP. Only send one sms or letter and it’s usually later than the mails I receive from CDP on rights issue.
4) Does not reflect my warrant value and info on my online account. e.g. for Olam warrants. Said online platfom does not support warrant trading. Said that I have to call trading desk if i want to ask about my values and trade. And I only know my trade results end of the trading day if it is done by trading desk.
5) Sometimes trade execution is super slow. For eg., I submit a price that is at the current market price (as checked from another trading platform) and with sufficient volume, but the SCB trade just gets acknowledged but not executed for very long.

iAmBored

Reaction score
How long can stan chart keep up this low comission???
Especially with all the news surrounding them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.