Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

gensity

Reaction score
if i remembered correctly, after the total bid purchase + com + gst, you have to multiply by 1.003 so it's purchasing executing force for SCB to buy for u. After 3 days, it will refund back to you the left over (1.003).

Check it out.

7days7nights

Reaction score
anyone tried using sc to purchase Singapore Bonds? can't seem to find them on the system. could it be because sc is the custodian and not CDP?

mike_

Reaction score
i have a stock that payout dividend on 17may
how to check if SCB has deposit the dividend payout to my account or does it send out cheque?

gensity

Reaction score
how to check if SCB has deposit the dividend payout to my account or does it send out cheque?

go check ur history.. it will reflect the stock name which gives u the dividend. Not by cheque!

Lost_Found

Master Member
Reaction score

go check your security acct, $$ will be in 1 day later than the stated payment date

Gaara1989

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, check with u all ah.. how long does it takes for the amount in the settlement account to be transferred to my savings? i just sold some shares and i want to trsf the money back to my savings account. however, i kept getting error like not enough money inside even though my online account purchasing power shows that i have e money. :(

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi, check with u all ah.. how long does it takes for the amount in the settlement account to be transferred to my savings? i just sold some shares and i want to trsf the money back to my savings account. however, i kept getting error like not enough money inside even though my online account purchasing power shows that i have e money. :(

3 days.
10 char.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You need to wait. Not everyone is paying upfront just like you. :s13:

Remember the other party has 3 days to settle the buy purchase.

Hi. Can I check if there are any fees payable to CDP (for transfer from CDP to SCB)? Thanks.

There is no fee for CDP -> SCB. Fees may apply for the other way. I havent try though.

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
U get ur dividends later......

If you want a broker than gives the dividends the fastest, i recommend Saxo Singapore. I use them.
Dividend will be credited to you once the stock goes XD.
No need wait for actual payment date and is one of the reasons they are my favourite broker.
SGX commission is at 0.15%, minimum $25. Downside is that similar to Standard Chartered, shares wont go to CDP.

Anybody wants to sign up can let me know.
For transparency, I get a payment and u get a $50 Taka voucher.

Saxo Terms & Conditions for referrals here.
http://sg.saxomarkets.com/referral-programme

Last edited:

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want a broker than gives the dividends the fastest, i recommend Saxo Singapore. I use them.
Dividend will be credited to you once the stock goes XD.
No need wait for actual payment date and is one of the reasons they are my favourite broker.
SGX commission is at 0.15%, minimum $25. Downside is that similar to Standard Chartered, shares wont go to CDP.

Anybody wants to sign up can let me know.
For transparency, I get a payment and u get a $50 Taka voucher.

Saxo Terms & Conditions for referrals here.
Saxo Referral Programme

doesn't make sense,any catch? if it's really true then it's free easy money...stock price won't go down on xd date but only on actual paid date. Buying those that comes with big dividends is sure win,right?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
doesn't make sense,any catch? if it's really true then it's free easy money...stock price won't go down on xd date but only on actual paid date. Buying those that comes with big dividends is sure win,right?

Not true. :s13:

Let me remind about the MF Global saga. I trust my long term holdings with a bank than Saxo.

dwexdwex

Reaction score
How to determine the value of the stock in your portfolio when averaging down.

If I bought $1 and $0.50 at 1 lot each, do I just combine them and divide by the amount of lots which is $0.75?

SCB doesn't reflect the value of your bought price on portfolio :x

final1

Master Member
Reaction score

Think you not sure what you are talking about.
XD date is the date whereby purchasing the share does not get you the dividend anymore. Hence, if you are holding the share all the way to XD date, Saxo is willing to pay you the dividend on that date itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.