Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiOnGSquare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is ridiculous to say "don't rely on that purchasing power". When purchasing power is zero, you cannot make any purchase. Imagine if you have deposited money to buy stocks but forbidden to buy any because the purchasing power falls to zero. Purchasing power is equivalent to real money because without it, you cannot purchase any stocks. It is a major irritant when the securities settlement account says you have money but you cannot use the money. Is it ok if your bank account is full of money that cannot be used to purchase stuff?

How can you say "don't rely on that purchasing power"? Maybe this has not happened to you, so you as a user don't really understand.

Has other users encountered similar problems with SCB purchasing power?

today i realised i got ard 5k gone from my trading account, left 700 inside, i called up scb 3 times, all say still waiting for the IT side to get back to them :( i wonder how the system mess this up, the transaction history balance and the purchasing power doesnt match now. How long does it take for yours to re-appear :s11:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i bet some of the SCB CSO are blur just like you guys. how can your money go disappear suddenly???

as i said, ignore the purchasing power. monitor your settlement account instead. this is the account where all your money is debit and credit. counter check with your past statements. if anything is wrong, then there should be a cause for alarm.

kechiki

Reaction score
wah today i go the stan chart branch, the CSO keep insisting my stocks is in phillips and say nothing they can do. He kept pointing to this section in the form where they say counter party details, if it's CDP he asks me who can they look for?

But I am quite sure my shares are in CDP because i logged into SGX website and see my shares are all in there.

this CSO noob or did i do anything wrong?

TiOnGSquare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i bet some of the SCB CSO are blur just like you guys. how can your money go disappear suddenly???

as i said, ignore the purchasing power. monitor your settlement account instead. this is the account where all your money is debit and credit. counter check with your past statements. if anything is wrong, then there should be a cause for alarm.

ofcos the money confirm wouldnt be gone..
the point is wrong purchasing power i end up cant buy any shares :s22:

wolfgang13

Reaction score
Right.

Just spoke to them.

They're aware of the problem- and it should be up again soon.

What a joke.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
today i realised i got ard 5k gone from my trading account, left 700 inside, i called up scb 3 times, all say still waiting for the IT side to get back to them :( i wonder how the system mess this up, the transaction history balance and the purchasing power doesnt match now. How long does it take for yours to re-appear :s11:

Same, my purchasing power missing abt 7k. Not the first time liao, called and wait as usual.

Total online trading completely down lol

wolfgang13

Reaction score
Same, my purchasing power missing abt 7k. Not the first time liao, called and wait as usual.

Total online trading completely down lol

I'm thinking of swapping platforms- especially after the debacle this morning.

What other platforms are people using?

wolfgang13

Reaction score
I have positions I need to unload.

SC.. What a bunch of hacks.. Seriously.. They're costing people money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.