Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently i tried to use SCB to purchase a USD$ traded counter in SGX, but was declined.

I am very sure i have sufficient funds in my SIN$ securities trading account. Do i need to transfer funds to my USD$ securities trading account before i can proceed?

I have no issues with DBS vickers as there is an option to proceed with the trade in SIN$.

Thanks in advance!

for_friend

Reaction score
You need sufficient funds in your USD$ before you can trade.

Recently i tried to use SCB to purchase a USD$ traded counter in SGX, but was declined.

I am very sure i have sufficient funds in my SIN$ securities trading account. Do i need to transfer funds to my USD$ securities trading account before i can proceed?

I have no issues with DBS vickers as there is an option to proceed with the trade in SIN$.

Thanks in advance!

Bedokian

Reaction score
To add, if you want to transfer money to foreign securities account, do it during office hours (up to 8 pm on weekdays), where the exchange rate is available.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry but in this case, I have to bring a stack of notes to the counter/cash deposit machine to deposit the money? isnt it dangerous?

yes...but can minimise risk if the banks are near each other.
and do inside mall should be safer.

for esaver account....use over the counter service got $5 charge....thats what the SC chap told me.

another option is use chq. roughly take the same time as online transfer.

Nyan

Master Member
Reaction score
no choice ma, u find those places where the bank are side by side, at least safer. and i dont think u are transferring high 5/6 digits figures on a v regular basis.

some banks got a same day transfer facility (i think its OCBC), but a surcharge of $5

e savers account dont have atm card meh?

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You need sufficient funds in your USD$ before you can trade.

To add, if you want to transfer money to foreign securities account, do it during office hours (up to 8 pm on weekdays), where the exchange rate is available.

Ok thanks for the infor!

Guess i'll do a fund transfer from USD acct in DBS to USD acct in SCB instead.

Heard SCB charges "loan shark" rates for foreign currency exchanges...

Bedokian

Reaction score
yes...but can minimise risk if the banks are near each other.
and do inside mall should be safer.

for esaver account....use over the counter service got $5 charge....thats what the SC chap told me.

another option is use chq. roughly take the same time as online transfer.

I beg to differ. I did an over the counter deposit into the esaver account and no $5 charge was imposed.

But I agree doing it within a mall is safer. Nex and Ion are good locations.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope. No atm card for mine :)

Don't know about the rest

no atm also for moi.
only online.

I beg to differ. I did an over the counter deposit into the esaver account and no $5 charge was imposed.

issit? i kenna bluff by the SC chap....lol....but i hate queuing....lol.
the good thing about SC is some of the branches open until 9pm on weekdays....like the one in NEX. Great for working ppl.

autumm

Master Member
Reaction score

The $5 charge is for withdrawal not deposit. If doing deposit to esaver account can just use the cash deposit machine and your sever account number

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no atm also for moi.
only online.

issit? i kenna bluff by the SC chap....lol....but i hate queuing....lol.
the good thing about SC is some of the branches open until 9pm on weekdays....like the one in NEX. Great for working ppl.

Yeah! Can go ntuc after that as well. Just next door :)

Nyan

Master Member
Reaction score
The $5 charge is for withdrawal not deposit. If doing deposit to esaver account can just use the cash deposit machine and your sever account number

if i have the e savers account, will i get an atm card? if i do, then everytime i withraw i get charge $5?

autumm

Master Member
Reaction score
if i have the e savers account, will i get an atm card? if i do, then everytime i withraw i get charge $5?

U do not get a ATM card with Esaver. You can either transfer the money out through internet banking at no charge or withdrawal only at the counter at $5 charge.

No option to ATM withdraw with $5 charge. ;) You want also cannot. they die die make you queue.

roz_sid

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, my orders are filled but why isnt the amt deducted in my securities acct?

tofuguy

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, my orders are filled but why isnt the amt deducted in my securities acct?

wait T+3. Although the amount used is still in your securities account, you cannot trf back to your savings/current account or use it to buy more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.