Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin

Reaction score
Do you guys get this problem? If you log out and log in again within 15 min, you cannot do online trading because it says you are still logged into the previous session and you should log in again after 15 mins. Frustrating.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Do you guys get this problem? If you log out and log in again within 15 min, you cannot do online trading because it says you are still logged into the previous session and you should log in again after 15 mins. Frustrating.

disadvantage of it lo.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check, for stand chart securities, if I buy 1 share at $0.05, total I need to pay is:

1 share: $50
Personal banking brokerage fees: 0.20%
Market fees: 0.0325%

Total: $50.12?
In my experience, roughly 1k will incurred about $2 fees on stanchart. HTH.

Sent from GAGT Android App

pleeted

Reaction score
is there a list of sgx stocks that scb forbids trader to buy?
wanted to buy interra oil stocks but not listed inside :(

Nyan

Master Member
Reaction score
my friends were telling me that when you use scb to buy stocks. you don't really own them, stand chart are just holders. so if anything happens, they're aren't liable?

can anyone help sort this out?

Cookie Muncher

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my friends were telling me that when you use scb to buy stocks. you don't really own them, stand chart are just holders. so if anything happens, they're aren't liable?

can anyone help sort this out?

They are the custodian and no big deal. Unless u got a lot of money and wants to make a call during agm. If not as a retail investor, scb is fine.

vincent007

Reaction score
I just changed phone number and my old number deactivated already.
Now I can't go to trading coz the token is sent to my old number. So do I have to call or go to the branch? Any option to use my physical token instead?

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If anyone knows.

Help me.
I have $100K want to transfer.

The guys in that thread were saying something about getting a bank cheque from Citibank, depositing that into a USD account at Stanchart, and using that to fund the USD trading account? Did you give that a try?

yukari_san3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The guys in that thread were saying something about getting a bank cheque from Citibank, depositing that into a USD account at Stanchart, and using that to fund the USD trading account? Did you give that a try?

Yes and I did my check on that. its not possible.

the brokerage settlement account is an internal account. SC stated they dont accept checks for it.

while He opens a normal account of course he is able to cash in a check.

I also know that~

plenty of trolls here love to troll :s13:

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. It is not really the forex charge per se, but rather the high spread of forex conversion. For example, you change SGD to USD at 1.34, and then change USD back to SGD at 1.29, when the actual spread itself could be 1.32/1.31 respectively. I would rather leave the USD5 as float inside the account, which I do.

Commission is charged in USD and will be deducted from your USD settlement account.

stjoe1 in another thread said he opened a SCB US$ High Yield Account and is able to transfer his US$ between the High Yield Account and SSA.

Wondering if he can share here whether the transfer in both directions is allowed and also that SCB doesn't charge anything for the transfer

US$ High Yield Account --> US$ SSA
US$ SSA --> High Yield Account

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes and I did my check on that. its not possible.

the brokerage settlement account is an internal account. SC stated they dont accept checks for it.

while He opens a normal account of course he is able to cash in a check.

But isn't exactly that what you're trying to do? You get a check from Citibank; deposit it into the Stanchart USD high yield account, then transfer that to the USD settlement account. That gets your USD into the settlement account without needing to cross the USDSGD spread twice.

I'll grant you it's a bit clunky, and anyway you should be going to Interactive Brokers if you've got that much money, because IBKR waives their monthly fee on $100k USD accounts, but... I don't think he was trolling. I think he was giving you an actual answer.

Bedokian

Reaction score
stjoe1 in another thread said he opened a SCB US$ High Yield Account and is able to transfer his US$ between the High Yield Account and SSA.

Wondering if he can share here whether the transfer in both directions is allowed and also that SCB doesn't charge anything for the transfer

US$ High Yield Account --> US$ SSA
US$ SSA --> High Yield Account

Is it the SCB USD High Account?

https://www.sc.com/sg/save/current-...SG-P:UHA-M:O-R:NA-L:NA-O:NA-D:141101-10002135

yukari_san3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But isn't exactly that what you're trying to do? You get a check from Citibank; deposit it into the Stanchart USD high yield account, then transfer that to the USD settlement account. That gets your USD into the settlement account without needing to cross the USDSGD spread twice.

I'll grant you it's a bit clunky, and anyway you should be going to Interactive Brokers if you've got that much money, because IBKR waives their monthly fee on $100k USD accounts, but... I don't think he was trolling. I think he was giving you an actual answer.

I still need to be a priority customer to open that usd account in the first place. then still need to transfer the money out to be able to do that. assuming citi even issues me a USd check on my settlement account.

freaking waste of time

I'll just do the instant transfer pay the double spread. should cost me like 3% or less.

I dont go with any overseas/ or local broker.

I stick with banks all the way

if not I can't sleep at night :s13:

cooltrick

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't see any of my stocks displayed at the portfolio page. Anyone encountered the same problem too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.