Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I know it's a must, but how fast SCB can implement is another matter...other than that I have no major concerns :)

Sent from GAGT Android App

if Scb cannot implement 100 shares per lot size, then it's a crap brokerage

Soul77

Reaction score
that must be a horrible experience. Did FDIC or MAS kick in to top up the remainder 25%?

tell us more

Nope. I was told to wait. It is a very complex process to recover the remaining 25%. The money was swapped between the diff subsidary of MFGlobal Singapore, India, HK, UK, Aussie, each regulated by their own govt, etc. It will take years to recover all (if ever happen). In the process, it'll just enriching the lawyers, accountants, auditors working on all this mess.

Bedokian

Reaction score
anyway for those interested in making extra income from lending of shares can read this article

"SOME YEARS ago, Veronica transferred a dozen stocks from her CDP (Central Depository) account to Phillip Securities to participate in its Securities Lending Programme."

Great Way to earn nice passive income on your shares

Thanks. This is what I had asked about a few weeks ago in this forum, and it seems there are no takers for such schemes here.

Bedokian

Reaction score
Not really; 20% of my XXk portfolio is in SCB.

Due to market hoo-ha and drama (called "corporate actions"), I am planning to move penny stocks to CDP and blue chips to SCB...easier to handle for the time being, unless SCB implements odd-lot or 100/lot trading (which I would think would take ages)

Yes, I agree. For me my SCB is for foreign shares, and ETFs (local and foreign) that do not require much corporate actions. It is good to spread our shares into different brokerages, in case of SHTF situations.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks. This is what I had asked about a few weeks ago in this forum, and it seems there are no takers for such schemes here.

Because your shares must be borrowed by someone before u get your passive income de leh

Or else park In sbl will yield nothing at all

Bedokian

Reaction score
Because your shares must be borrowed by someone before u get your passive income de leh

Or else park In sbl will yield nothing at all

Which leads me to the next question: which counters are popular for borrowing?

IMO, usually share lending is for covering of shorts, and with this, counters that are likely to be borrowed tend to be more speculative, regardless of their market cap size.

Even though I may be holding onto one that is always borrowed, but there will always be another question of 几时轮到我 for my shares to be lent out.

rerear

Reaction score
Anyone knows how to resolve the below login error? Only gets this on chrome, clearing history, reinstalling chrome also doesn't work. Not problem on IE.

Your session to Standard Chartered Online has timed out for security reasons. To access your accounts, please login again. (Err Code:2228)

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows how to resolve the below login error? Only gets this on chrome, clearing history, reinstalling chrome also doesn't work. Not problem on IE.

Your session to Standard Chartered Online has timed out for security reasons. To access your accounts, please login again. (Err Code:2228)
yes i also want to know how to avoid time out without active clicking of the website

labixiaoxin

Reaction score
does anyone know if I need to open a savings account with Stan Chart if all I want is to just open an online trading brokerage account with them?

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's E saver (i think) which has $0 min sum required. So, yes.

mdsummer

Reaction score
Hi there, hope fellow forummers can help me out here. I am intending to invest in uk and hk stock exchanges, would be looking at usd, hkd and pound denominated shares. What is the best way to make payment to minimize currency exchangr costs?

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there, hope fellow forummers can help me out here. I am intending to invest in uk and hk stock exchanges, would be looking at usd, hkd and pound denominated shares. What is the best way to make payment to minimize currency exchangr costs?
Might as well go into interactive broker.

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For SC online trading, do we buy shares and then transfer money to the settlement account by the settlement date or do we need to have money in advance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.