Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh ok! Thanks!

I saw DBSV, their min commission rate is SGD25! that is high right?

Yes it's that high. Like the previous example that I have given, at $20/lot, you would have to pay $25 instead of just paying 4 cents if you're buying 1 lot.

pigpigoink

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello all, if my answer for CAR is all "no", that means sure cannot be approved for online trading?

If so, is there anyway(other than me going to fufil one of the 4 questions asked) to get approval? :)

spiritGate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello all, if my answer for CAR is all "no", that means sure cannot be approved for online trading?

If so, is there anyway(other than me going to fufil one of the 4 questions asked) to get approval? :)

Me too! I saw the CAR portion, all no sia... I guess I should do some investment first before signing up for SCB

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Go down to the branch and ask them to open for u lor. If cannot then change person handling until they're willing?

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me too! I saw the CAR portion, all no sia... I guess I should do some investment first before signing up for SCB

Don't be discouraged :) I forgot to mention, currently Maybank-KimEng have this 3 free trades promo ..think its for them to overcome the customer "bleed" to SC? Hehe. The free trade promo is commission rebate, though, and will be returned the next month, like credit card rebate.

More info: http://www.maybank-ke.com.sg/latest_offerings/latest_offerings_Westgate.htm

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Don't be discouraged :) I forgot to mention, currently Maybank-KimEng have this 3 free trades promo ..think its for them to overcome the customer "bleed" to SC? Hehe. The free trade promo is commission rebate, though, and will be returned the next month, like credit card rebate.

More info: Maybank Kim Eng - 3 Free Index or Equity Trades Promotion

It's cfd leh and its an unlisted specific product, so how many of you (who can't pass car) can actually open a cfd acct with Kimeng?

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
for new investors I would strongly dis courage using CFD, no matter how attractive the promotion is

often they trying to market it as an investment tool but in actually fact they are preying on weak minds that will eventually use their platform as a gambling tool (keep betting on market directions often, thus giving them commission)

however that said, CFD in the hands of an experienced trader (one who has a solid strategy with proper stop losses etc) could be a wonderful product

normally those who cannot pass CAR, just stick to normal trading account ba~ CAR is to protect you one, not make your life difficult

cheers

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's cfd leh and its an unlisted specific product, so how many of you (who can't pass car) can actually open a cfd acct with Kimeng?

Whoops, wrong link. Here's the correct one: http://www.maybank-ke.com.sg/latest_offerings/latest_offerings_Westgate.htm

"2) 3 Free Trades for KE Trade and KE CFD
KE Trade: Enjoy 3 Free Trades for every new KE Trade account opened at Westgate Investor Centre from 29 November 2014 to 31 March 2015. Each rebate is capped at S$25 per trade. Click here for full terms and conditions. "

Can get this promo ONLY if you sign up at Westgate... :s8:

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Whoops, wrong link. Here's the correct one: Maybank Kim Eng - Latest Offerings

"2) 3 Free Trades for KE Trade and KE CFD
KE Trade: Enjoy 3 Free Trades for every new KE Trade account opened at Westgate Investor Centre from 29 November 2014 to 31 March 2015. Each rebate is capped at S$25 per trade. Click here for full terms and conditions. "

Can get this promo ONLY if you sign up at Westgate... :s8:

Interesting, can suka suka buy 3 times for free and hit you all the Minimun 3 trades requirements

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for new investors I would strongly dis courage using CFD, no matter how attractive the promotion is

often they trying to market it as an investment tool but in actually fact they are preying on weak minds that will eventually use their platform as a gambling tool (keep betting on market directions often, thus giving them commission)

however that said, CFD in the hands of an experienced trader (one who has a solid strategy with proper stop losses etc) could be a wonderful product

normally those who cannot pass CAR, just stick to normal trading account ba~ CAR is to protect you one, not make your life difficult

cheers
Yup. I have a CFD account but I dare not use it...

Sent from GAGT Android App

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yup. I have a CFD account but I dare not use it...

Sent from GAGT Android App

Cfd not suitable for Scb investors bcos financing fee is highs

Why cfd can charge so low fee is bcos commission is not their main bowl of rice, their main revenue comes from financing, the commission they charge are actually just enough for them to break even their cost nia

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we get odd lots using this platform? Couldn't find any links regarding about this.

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cfd not suitable for Scb investors bcos financing fee is highs

Why cfd can charge so low fee is bcos commission is not their main bowl of rice, their main revenue comes from financing, the commission they charge are actually just enough for them to break even their cost nia
no wonder i go the CFD broker say I got money, i dont want leverage, i pay cash on the spot they tell me sorry, die die need to pay financing charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.