Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
is it like possible to cash out my US trading account money as usd if i go to the bank anyone try before or they will force me to convert to agd if i cash out?

You mean your US dollars in your US FCY SSA? Not possible. Someone else has tried and failed.
Refer to post #3600

Last edited:

Mochizuki

Master Member
Reaction score
Just now i wanted to get Noble and the Bid and Ask price was 0.88. But i went to purchase at 0.89. Was i being retarded? Anyone does this before? :s22:

But it did get filled though.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just now i wanted to get Noble and the Bid and Ask price was 0.88. But i went to purchase at 0.89. Was i being retarded? Anyone does this before? :s22:

Bid = ask price? No way... Sell is always higher than bid. If u want to get at lower price, enter the queue lor.

I think it's ok la, cause I regularly skip queues :D

Sent from Sony D5833 using GAGT

lalalalalala

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Go check if it was filled at a lower price. By right limit order would purchase shares up to the price limit you set

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea on how to transfer shares from cdp to scb?

Go down to any SCB branch and do it. Need to get stock code and ISIN number, which you can get easily by going to SGX website -> company information -> company announcements -> find the company/security name -> click on any announcement -> in the new window, the Securities row has the information. For example, SingTel:

UPdeqw7.png

m6e9pJB.png

another qn: is it possible to add an additional name to the current trading account?

Not sure, can't help you there.

Last edited:

iamverybuaysong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I open a new joint account, can all the existing shares be transferred over to the new joint account?

I will be going down to a branch soon, but good to know some in advance first lol

qwerty84

Reaction score
If I'm not there will be charges involve to transfer your shares from single name to joint name account

1000miles

Reaction score
If you want to transfer share from single to joint or joint to single. I recommend you sell and buy, SCB charges you for transferring when there increase/decrease in ownership

This is what I do to transfer by selling and buying.:s13:

With no minimum commission, that the best way to do.

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone over here transferred his/her shares from OCBC Blue Chip Investment Plan (BCIP) to SCB online equity trading account?

I intend to do so and wondering if anyone can guide me.

From what I see on OCBC's website, I just need to go OCBC branch with my NRIC and my SCB account details to do the transfer and the cost is $10.70 per counter. Just wondering if I left anything out.

1000miles

Reaction score
Has anyone over here transferred his/her shares from OCBC Blue Chip Investment Plan (BCIP) to SCB online equity trading account?

I intend to do so and wondering if anyone can guide me.

From what I see on OCBC's website, I just need to go OCBC branch with my NRIC and my SCB account details to do the transfer and the cost is $10.70 per counter. Just wondering if I left anything out.

Hi,

If the cost to sell share in OCBC (0.30% of the total sales proceeds or S$5 per counter, whichever is higher) plus the sale charge of ~0.25% of buying in SCB is lower than 10.70, don't go for transfer. It adds cost to you.

Sell it get the cash and buy in SCB.

FlameEvil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried trading using mobile? i used Dolphin app and set desktop view, but the site still in mobile view

Campbellsoup

Reaction score
I'm on iOS. Can use Google chrome app. Install liao then when you visit the webpage, click the top right hand button (setting) and click "request for desktop" site.

Learnt from other guys here but this thread is really long so..

chowck

Reaction score
Hi,

If the cost to sell share in OCBC (0.30% of the total sales proceeds or S$5 per counter, whichever is higher) plus the sale charge of ~0.25% of buying in SCB is lower than 10.70, don't go for transfer. It adds cost to you.

Sell it get the cash and buy in SCB.

I did & it took abt 3 mths just to trf 1 counter. Be wary of the form filling exercise as most counter staff in Ocbc & Scb seem very unfamiliar with the whole process.

Also, be prepared to go a few times if there are errors. Do it if you hv the patience & can not in hurry to sell that share.:eek:

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did & it took abt 3 mths just to trf 1 counter. Be wary of the form filling exercise as most counter staff in Ocbc & Scb seem very unfamiliar with the whole process.

Also, be prepared to go a few times if there are errors. Do it if you hv the patience & can not in hurry to sell that share.:eek:
I've checked with SCB, the CSO told me over phone that I just need to go to SCB office and sign the transfer forms.

I believe OCBC will charge $10.70 to transfer out the shares. Do you happen to know whether CDP will charge a fee to transfer from CDP to SCB?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I've checked with SCB, the CSO told me over phone that I just need to go to SCB office and sign the transfer forms.

I believe OCBC will charge $10.70 to transfer out the shares. Do you happen to know whether CDP will charge a fee to transfer from CDP to SCB?

Last time I did this, it came up to $50 per counter.:s22:
Best to ask OCBC about the charges. SCB as far as I remember didn't charge anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.