Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Add qty to existing order will move that existing order back = as good as cxl queue and put in new order

Reduce qty to existing order will keep the existing order queue priority

Thanks for the info.
So next time I'll just create a new order if adding qty.

FlameEvil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I just have some questions on hand. I have just started a SCB trading account about 2 weeks back and have tried to purchase some shares from starhub/singtel. I have some questions in mind and hope some experienced guys here can help me with it.

so i bought 500 Starhub shares @ 4.02 ($2010, on 03/06/2015) and 500 Singtel shares @ 4.14 ($2070, on 05/06/2015) I have deposited slightly more than enough money in my SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT just for like the fees and all. To be exact I have the amount I have in that account is $4135.

Here is the questions:
1) both orders has been filled which I assumed I have got them at the price I wanted but the money (shares+fees) weren't deducted from the securities settlement account. Is it supposed to be that way? I just find it quite hard to know exactly what is the balance I have left in the account. I am guessing it will take a few days for them to process but that is just a guess.

Thanks in advance to anyone who have helped :)

Its true, thats why need to calculate ur exact amt in ur SSA. Which is very troublesome if u are a short term trader.

I didn't know got buffer. No wonder I always transfer exact not enough even after I included the gst

Use their fee calculator also not accurate one lol. Cons of 0.2% comms BS

Sent from the power of my mind using GAGT

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
is it possible to buy bonds thru scb? has any1 tried? e.g. the recent frasers 3.65% bond

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
is it possible to buy bonds thru scb? has any1 tried? e.g. the recent frasers 3.65% bond

Yes. I didn't actually bought it but I did enter a trade before. Basically you need to buy by 1000 shares, that's all.

ctzehock

Reaction score
Guys,

If I were to purchase stocks from the London stock exchange
Is there any divdiend tax and capital gain tax ?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Guys,

Perhaps u will find this useful .

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Nonresident_alien_with_no_US_tax_treaty_%26_Irish_ETFs#No_Irish_dividend_tax_withholding_for_Ireland-domiciled_ETFs

QNH1013

Reaction score
Guys,

No capital gains or dividend tax for individual stocks.

If i'm not wrong, LSE listed REITs and certain ETFs attract some form of dividend tax.

Bedokian

Reaction score
Its true, thats why need to calculate ur exact amt in ur SSA. Which is very troublesome if u are a short term trader.

Use their fee calculator also not accurate one lol. Cons of 0.2% comms BS

Sent from the power of my mind using GAGT

The fee calculator did not factor in the 7% GST. Just take the commission and those small component amount and multiply it by 1.07, then add back to the original share price. Round up and it should be around that price.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I did a calculation for the comm thing before using one of my biggest purchase, 1000 shares of singtel which at that time was around $3.20. Everything works out perfectly down to the cents, don't remember if there is any rounding. Anyway, the letter they send to you will show the breakdown too.

E.g. I bought SOG recently at $450, the brokerage comm was exactly $0.90. Sg clearing fees and GST isn't charged by scb uniquely, it's charged by all brokers in sg for sgx market.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
The fee calculator did not factor in the 7% GST. Just take the commission and those small component amount and multiply it by 1.07, then add back to the original share price. Round up and it should be around that price.

Usually I need another 5-10 bucks to buffer even though the amount eventually deducted was exactly as I calculated.

Otherwise the order will be rejected.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I did a calculation for the comm thing before using one of my biggest purchase, 1000 shares of singtel which at that time was around $3.20. Everything works out perfectly down to the cents, don't remember if there is any rounding. Anyway, the letter they send to you will show the breakdown too.

E.g. I bought SOG recently at $450, the brokerage comm was exactly $0.90. Sg clearing fees and GST isn't charged by scb uniquely, it's charged by all brokers in sg for sgx market.

Sure or not? No gst bcos u non-singaporean? No clearing fee bcos it is not direct market?

Surprising scb don't charge gst and clearing fee except local brokerage

This is really good from scb, absorbing all gst and clearing fee

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure or not? No gst bcos u non-singaporean? No clearing fee bcos it is not direct market?

Surprising scb don't charge gst and clearing fee except local brokerage

This is really good from scb, absorbing all gst and clearing fee

Ermmm you need to read the whole sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.