Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzbie

Reaction score
mean if the current trading price is $9.50...I submit Buy order at $10.50....it will be rejected?

The system will match you to the prevailing selling price. You won't get filled at $10.50 if there are outstanding sell orders at $9.50 not matched yet.

TheV

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question but it is not limiting to SCB platform.

For example in DBS Vickers I try to trade in $10,000 per share due to their minimum commission.

i.e I queue for Stock A, $2.88 - 3500 shares.
$2.88 x 3500 = $10,800 (about $28 commission)

At the end of the day if only 2000 shares filled, do they charge me $28(minimum commission) also? If the next day I queue for another 1500 shares, they will charge me another $28?

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I could have miss out the answer....
but is it possible to do Online Trading on their Breeze app?

I install the app...but I cannot find any way to locate the Online trading option....

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question but it is not limiting to SCB platform.

For example in DBS Vickers I try to trade in $10,000 per share due to their minimum commission.

i.e I queue for Stock A, $2.88 - 3500 shares.
$2.88 x 3500 = $10,800 (about $28 commission)

At the end of the day if only 2000 shares filled, do they charge me $28(minimum commission) also? If the next day I queue for another 1500 shares, they will charge me another $28?

An advantage of no min comm. SCB wins here.

potatoe8

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble accessing 'Quote'?

This is the error message I get: Invalid login, please re-login via Standard Chartered Online Banking! (EG001)

When I do re-login, I get the same problem.

Aloylaptop

Reaction score
Hi guys, got a question. I bought some stocks from NYSE last Friday manually from the scb hotline as my account had some problem with the purchasing power refresh due to my system. Checked this morning and they confirmed the shares are bought in. But when I log in now, the shares are still not reflected. Anyone got this problem before?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My order was submitted an hour+ before closing. 3pm+ IIRC.
Local stock. The strange thing is the position is still open on Saturday when I checked. Haven't checked today.

An update, the trade was done and shown in stock holdings but the trade is not reflected in transaction. The order just expired like a few minutes ago.

Seriously, not sure what is happening. :s22:

kenpachi82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
An update, the trade was done and shown in stock holdings but the trade is not reflected in transaction. The order just expired like a few minutes ago.

Seriously, not sure what is happening. :s22:

一分钱一分货.. no min comm really cannot hiam :s22:
scb sometimes really can make you kee siao :o

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, got a question. I bought some stocks from NYSE last Friday manually from the scb hotline as my account had some problem with the purchasing power refresh due to my system. Checked this morning and they confirmed the shares are bought in. But when I log in now, the shares are still not reflected. Anyone got this problem before?

1-2 days lag in updating portfolio is normal

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
question for newbie like me: how do u top up the $ ? do u have to open up saving account? securities are custodied with SCB? i.e. if sell, have to sell through SCB as well? thanks

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what's your concern?

cos i just closed my esaver account few months back ... as i find it no use ... now if i open scb trading account i need to open a saving account ...

also it means i need to mantain the trading account as long as i have holdings traded through them ....

i am currently using dbs vickers cash upfront account .. minimum $12 or 0.12% commision (until 31 dec) ....

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cos i just closed my esaver account few months back ... as i find it no use ... now if i open scb trading account i need to open a saving account ...

also it means i need to mantain the trading account as long as i have holdings traded through them ....

i am currently using dbs vickers cash upfront account .. minimum $12 or 0.12% commision (until 31 dec) ....
Or you can open dash easy savings account first then open trading account, if you are bothered by the minimum balance that is required for esaver.

Anyway scb is worth it if you aren't buying large holding per transaction.

Sent from Sun using GAGT

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Buy $12, Sell $12. Total $24.
If you are buying in quantity of 6k+ per trade, it's worth it.

Otherwise, you just need a scb dash account and a trading account which don't have any sort of maintenance fee.

Also, btw, if you are buying overseas stocks, DBS also uses a custodian, that means you can't sell using other brokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.