Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypertrophy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking at the share price of scb, are you all worried it will go under? If that happens, what will be the procedure like to claim our shares back?

I know temasek owns 20% bla bla, but truth is they are heavily exposed to commodities and emerging markets, so anything can happen really.

Bedokian

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking at the share price of scb, are you all worried it will go under? If that happens, what will be the procedure like to claim our shares back?

I know temasek owns 20% bla bla, but truth is they are heavily exposed to commodities and emerging markets, so anything can happen really.

At most the shares would be transferred from 1 custodian to another.

Soul77

Reaction score
I think SCB is too big to fail.
Anyway, I believe your money is protected even in the case of chapter 11, but in worse case scenario, may not get 100%.

Average

Banned
Reaction score
Standard Chartered PLC (STAN) Rating Reiterated by Sanford C. Bernstein

http://www.emqtv.com/standard-chartered-plc-stan-rating-reiterated-by-sanford-c-bernstein-2/141711/

Posted by Deane Yates on Jan 19th, 2016

Standard Chartered PLC (LON:STAN)‘s stock had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by stock analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein in a research report issued to clients and investors on Friday, Market Beat.com reports. They currently have a GBX 951.80 ($13.58) target price on the stock. Sanford C. Bernstein’s price target would indicate a potential upside of 94.60% from the company’s previous close.

Shares of Standard Chartered PLC (LON:STAN) opened at 499.1500 on Friday. Standard Chartered PLC has a 52 week low of GBX 475.55 and a 52 week high of GBX 1,109.80. The firm has a 50-day moving average of GBX 529.71 and a 200 day moving average of GBX 719.49. The firm’s market cap is GBX 12.70 billion.

STAN has been the topic of several other research reports. Goldman Sachs upgraded shares of Standard Chartered PLC to a “buy” rating and lowered their price objective for the stock from GBX 1,080 ($15.41) to GBX 910 ($12.98) in a report on Thursday, October 8th. Investec upgraded shares of Standard Chartered PLC from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating and lowered their target price for the company from GBX 970 ($13.84) to GBX 820 ($11.70) in a report on Tuesday, September 22nd. Macquarie downgraded shares of Standard Chartered PLC to an “underperform” rating and set a GBX 550 ($7.85) target price for the company. in a report on Thursday, November 5th. Nomura lowered their target price on shares of Standard Chartered PLC from GBX 1,055 ($15.05) to GBX 795 ($11.34) and set a “neutral” rating for the company in a report on Tuesday, September 29th. Finally, Citigroup Inc. reiterated a “buy” rating and issued a GBX 1,050 ($14.98) target price on shares of Standard Chartered PLC in a report on Friday, October 9th. Five investment analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating, fifteen have given a hold rating and ten have issued a buy rating to the stock. Standard Chartered PLC currently has a consensus rating of “Hold” and an average price target of GBX 773.02 ($11.03).

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Whenever I transact I will receive a securities contract note from SCB in my letterbox. Is it possible to stop the sending of the hardcopy letter. Waste of paper and money.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whenever I transact I will receive a securities contract note from SCB in my letterbox. Is it possible to stop the sending of the hardcopy letter. Waste of paper and money.

It's a legal contract. Check the t&c written at the bottom. For you to verify and use that as a basis for your dispute, if there's any.

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the day they stop sending the contract and keep a PDF copy online like what we do now for bank statement. Save paper.

thegodfather

Reaction score
a quick check. anyone here buy stock on LSE specifically eg shell? if yes. should i buy from LSE in pence or NYSE with ADR?

I am looking at LSE but not sure about how will dividend tax be applied? i understand for ADR there is no tax if the dividends are below 100k an amount i will not hit :p

any inputs on LSE?

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a quick check. anyone here buy stock on LSE specifically eg shell? if yes. should i buy from LSE in pence or NYSE with ADR?

I am looking at LSE but not sure about how will dividend tax be applied? i understand for ADR there is no tax if the dividends are below 100k an amount i will not hit :p

any inputs on LSE?

no tax on LSE also. the only choice is whether you want to receive dividend in pounds or USD lor. If you want to take pounds, buy the class B shares on the LSE. If you want USD, take the class B ADRs on the NYSE.

thegodfather

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes for clarifying.

I realized the share price on LSE is lower than NYSE ADR probably due to fx spread. Correct? Bro vested On the ADR RDS.B?

no tax on LSE also. the only choice is whether you want to receive dividend in pounds or USD lor. If you want to take pounds, buy the class B shares on the LSE. If you want USD, take the class B ADRs on the NYSE.

thegodfather

Reaction score
Yes boss.i was there to open another currency acct and she asked paperless statement or postage type. I opt paperless. You can drop by and apply. No more pesky letters wasting paper.

Oh?!!
So it becomes e-statement of all your trades? :s12:
How about rights/options/dividends etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.