Starhub 1Gbps Fibre Review

VanquishShadow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm on SH 1 Gbps nearing end of contract, went to read the sales order I signed two years ago, and noticed there is a line saying "50% perpetual discount" next to the box that says the regular price is $69.90

Rang 1633 to confirm, indeed seems like the discount continues even after my 24mo contract ends, i.e. I pay $34.90 for 1Gbps even after contract is over. Even the CSO agreed with me that it is better to stick with contractless than to sign a new contract at $42.90 or downgrade to 500 Mbps at $29.90 (which will incur a one-time admin fee).

So I advise everyone to study their contracts v carefully before renewing.

JustBored

Reaction score
i'm on SH 1 Gbps nearing end of contract, went to read the sales order I signed two years ago, and noticed there is a line saying "50% perpetual discount" next to the box that says the regular price is $69.90

Rang 1633 to confirm, indeed seems like the discount continues even after my 24mo contract ends, i.e. I pay $34.90 for 1Gbps even after contract is over. Even the CSO agreed with me that it is better to stick with contractless than to sign a new contract at $42.90 or downgrade to 500 Mbps at $29.90 (which will incur a one-time admin fee).

So I advise everyone to study their contracts v carefully before renewing.
You see from your bills?
This is standalone without starhub tv?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You see from your bills?
This is standalone without starhub tv?

Not your bills but the service agreement (contract).

If you lose it, you can download it again from My Starhub app.

My Starhub -- broadband -- view service agreement

My S$29.9 per month 500Mbps service agreement says:

Monthly Recurring Charge: S$179.76

Broadband Promotional Discount_83.3667%_Perpetual

The word "Perpetual" means that you keep the same price even after contract expires.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently, when I run "Speedtest.net" on my PC (via Gigabit LAN connection), I get this :

11670419863.png

My plan is 1Gbps. Another of my friend also get same speed. But another friend using M1, gets 900+Mbps.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently, when I run "Speedtest.net" on my PC (via Gigabit LAN connection), I get this :
11670419863.png

My plan is 1Gbps. Another of my friend also get same speed. But another friend using M1, gets 900+Mbps.

Is this one off? You can try a bit later.

If this persists then first check your router and cable. You can connect your PC directly to the ONT to carry out speedtest. If that also gives the same speed, contact Starhub for potential ONT problem.

Quite some M1 users report issues as well but I can see mostly as user problem.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is this one off? You can try a bit later.

If this persists then first check your router and cable. You can connect your PC directly to the ONT to carry out speedtest. If that also gives the same speed, contact Starhub for potential ONT problem.

Quite some M1 users report issues as well but I can see mostly as user problem.

No. Seems to be like that for like maybe last 1 month liao.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. Seems to be like that for like maybe last 1 month liao.
Then check your router or cable first. Then contact Starhub if your router and cable are not the issue. Sometimes it is due to ONT issue, sometimes it is due to the fibre cable issue.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah liao eh... starhub 1Gbps fiber Online Flash Sale... FREE 3 Months..... signed first month only kena slap with the bill liao... callup csv... telling me is free 3 mths of Hotstar ahbunehneh channel.... sibei misleading!!! :vijayadmin: :vijayadmin: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

now starhub fibre broadband price was increased comparing to last year. it was used to be $39.90 for 2 years contract for 1Gbps.

i am on starhub but will switch to myrepublic soon when my contract ends in oct 2021.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now starhub fibre broadband price was increased comparing to last year. it was used to be $39.90 for 2 years contract for 1Gbps.
i am on starhub but will switch to myrepublic soon when my contract ends in oct 2021.

Starhub got promotion now for new subscribers (effective price is S$39.33 with two Nokia Beacon 1 units). For existing subscribers, you may need to contact Starhub to get similar deals (say S$39.9 per month with one of two units of the Nokia Beacon 1 which you can sell for a bit of money).

https://www.starhub.com/personal/st...t-wifino-disney_1000mbps-fibre-broadband.html
1Gbps Fibre Broadband @ $42.90/month + 2 Smart WiFi(No Disney+)

$ 42.90 per month

Subscribe now
What's in the plan?
For new sign ups only

Pay $0 for the first 2 months and $42.90/month thereafter. Effective price at $39.33/mth.

FREE Service installation worth $90

Free 6 months JuniorProtect Basic

Free 2 units StarHub Smart WiFi worth $398, powered by Nokia WiFi Beacon 1 mesh router

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No same price.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the issue? I am also using this same route. No issue at all.

Found the issue liao.

NAT Acceleration must be turned ON.

The reason why I disabled "NAT Acceleration" is because I am using the "Scheduling" function on this router to set time that internet are disabled for certain devices to control my kid's screen time. But it wasn't working very well.

I read on :

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-ac68u-schedule-block-not-working.65370/
That it will work better with NAT Acceleration turned OFF. I tried but it doesn't seems to help much. Seriously, I am very disappointed with Asus, such a simple function, they can't get it right.

IIRC, the one on Xiaomi router works very well. I may go back to Xiaomi AX3600/6000 router.

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
StarHub Fiber Internet down from 1am since. In West side of Singapore. Confirm with StarHub tech team they are investigating

fateless

Reaction score
How’s the speed guys. I’m currently on m1 but m1 recontract no give router.
Thinking of switching to 2gbps

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How’s the speed guys. I’m currently on m1 but m1 recontract no give router.
Thinking of switching to 2gbps

Do you really need 2Gbps? Starhub 2Gbps is a dual 1Gbps plan, it is mainly meant for people who need two networks. If you want to save money, you can downgrade to M1 500Mbps and buy a better router yourself.

And no point to chnage just because of a free router. Starhub 1Gbps plan gives a free Nokia Beacon 1 router which you can only sell for around S$40 or less.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.