Starhub Giga

xmysticalzx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Giga uses Starhub. Jumping from M1 is often if not always, a good upgrade.

oh ok thanks for that...
good upgrade or not, not very sure on that as so far m1 has been fine for me.

just that i wanna downgrade my the other line to a sim only plan and is contemplating giga as one of the few option.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
sign up online and choose to port in my existing No during sign up. Choose to deliver today between 6 to 9pm.

received the giga SIM card close to 7pm.

did not activate the SIM card and also did not notice any porting process to be started.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score

received SIM card on 29th.

today 30th 8:38am received sms saying my porting will be processed so I believe it will be done today at 11pm?

I have not activated my giga! sim. So does it mean that I can still activate on 1 Dec 00:15am to have my billing cycle starts on 1 Dec?

Reaction score

today 30th 8:38am received sms saying my porting will be processed so I believe it will be done today at 11pm?

I have not activated my giga! sim. So does it mean that I can still activate on 1 Dec 00:15am to have my billing cycle starts on 1 Dec?

The billing cycle and porting request will only be processed when you press the pink activate button

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

If u had already chosen to port in your number at the point of signing up for the line, then u cannot activate the line after the port in is done for u. At most u can only activate the line before they do the port in. If u want to activate your line at a chosen date and time, u need to sign up for the new number first, activate liao then do the port in request.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
If u had already chosen to port in your number at the point of signing up for the line, then u cannot activate the line after the port in is done for u. At most u can only activate the line before they do the port in. If u want to activate your line at a chosen date and time, u need to sign up for the new number first, activate liao then do the port in request.

Ic. So meaning the port in will start at 11pm tonite and my account will be active by then and the billing date will start from 30th of the month?

i have received the SIM card yesterday but as of now the account is still not active becos I never insert the SIM card to activate.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ic. So meaning the port in will start at 11pm tonite and my account will be active by then and the billing date will start from 30th of the month?

i have received the SIM card yesterday but as of now the account is still not active becos I never insert the SIM card to activate.
Yes. Once u have gotten the sms that the port in is going to happen, u will have no control as to when your line will be activated, because the Giga side has to activate the line just before the port in is done, if the line is not activated yet.

Xylus*^^

Reaction score
Hi can anyone advise if u do receive successful activation email? I put in my sim card but neither the web nor the app have the activation button appear. But i was able to surf internet with it. Does it mean it was activated??

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi can anyone advise if u do receive successful activation email? I put in my sim card but neither the web nor the app have the activation button appear. But i was able to surf internet with it. Does it mean it was activated??
Yes, once u are able to surf Internet with it, is considered activated liao.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. Once u have gotten the sms that the port in is going to happen, u will have no control as to when your line will be activated, because the Giga side has to activate the line just before the port in is done, if the line is not activated yet.

Ic. Ok. Hope it is ported by 11pm also. Cannot stand the MyRepublic network.

it is good to have billing cycle starts on 1st of the month but it is also not a must especially nowadays with all the cheap MVNOs sim only plans around, I also switch around MVNOs quite often. Very hard to stick to the same billing date too.

hopefully giga network is good. I used to use StarHub sim only plan before too which I was totally happy.

my6600

Reaction score

11:10pm
no porting is in progress yet. and giga web/app still shows the sim card is not activated.
think i got chance to make my billing cycle 1st of the month. :p

11:17pm, no more signal of myrepublic sim card. but giga web/app still shows the sim card is not activated.

Last edited:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
11:10pm
no porting is in progress yet. and giga web/app still shows the sim card is not activated.
think i got chance to make my billing cycle 1st of the month. :p

11:17pm, no more signal of myrepublic sim card. but giga web/app still shows the sim card is not activated.
Yes, if the port in is delayed and u want your activation start date to start on 1 Dec at 0000 hours then u may do the activation by yourself. Dun put in the sim card, and use either a phone with internet or a pc with internet to log in to your account to activate the sim card.

my6600

Reaction score
Yes, if the port in is delayed and u want your activation start date to start on 1 Dec at 0000 hours then u may do the activation by yourself. Dun put in the sim card, and use either a phone with internet or a pc with internet to log in to your account to activate the sim card.

i am now accessing the giga website on my PC with internet.
u mean that i can press the button highlighted below to activate the sim card rite?
look like even one opted to port in number during sign-up, there is still an option to activate the account at the date and time they wish. just that once the no is ported, one has no choice but to activate the giga account becos he will no access to the no on his old sim card.

i also do not intend to insert the sim card until the porting process is really completed. becos i am using iPhone. Previously i switched to myrepublic mobile from m1 sim only plan, i insert the sim card into my phone despite that the porting process is still not fully completed yet. then my imessage was stuck with the temp no, only after many rounds of on and off the imessages only it reflects my ported no.

my6600

Reaction score

when i read the previous posts, there was comments from some saying that it may be delayed between the giga server time and the actual time that you click the activate button. so best to wait for at least 15 seconds before activating the sim card rite?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i am now accessing the giga website on my PC with internet.
u mean that i can press the button highlighted below to activate the sim card rite?
look like even one opted to port in number during sign-up, there is still an option to activate the account at the date and time they wish. just that once the no is ported, one has no choice but to activate the giga account becos he will no access to the no on his old sim card.

i also do not intend to insert the sim card until the porting process is really completed. becos i am using iPhone. Previously i switched to myrepublic mobile from m1 sim only plan, i insert the sim card into my phone despite that the porting process is still not fully completed yet. then my imessage was stuck with the temp no, only after many rounds of on and off the imessages only it reflects my ported no.

Yes, press that long pink button at your desired time, which for me was the 1st of the month at 0000 hours (and 15 seconds, just to make sure that the Giga server's time is also 0000 hours too). There was a time I activated at 0000 hours exactly but I kena 31st of the month, meaning the Giga server time had a small lag. :s13:

my6600

Reaction score
Yes, press that long pink button at your desired time, which for me was the 1st of the month at 0000 hours (and 15 seconds, just to make sure that the Giga server's time is also 0000 hours too). There was a time I activated at 0000 hours exactly but I kena 31st of the month, meaning the Giga server time had a small lag. :s13:

ok. ok. will wait for 15 seconds. actually the funny thing about giga the billing cycle time is as accurate until the seconds. haha. as it will unlikely to be a whole number that looks nice. haha.

maybe i should activate at 12:12am. haha.

then i will wait until the dashboard shows my actual ported in no before i put in the new sim card. haha.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ok. ok. will wait for 15 seconds. actually the funny thing about giga the billing cycle time is as accurate until the seconds. haha. as it will unlikely to be a whole number that looks nice. haha.

maybe i should activate at 12:12am. haha.
I think they just store the activated time to the minute, the value of the second is dropped. Just that if u activate at 0000 hours from 0 second to 59th second then it's considered 0000 hours lor. So activate at the 30th second of your desired timing is the safest since u are far less likely to kena 30 second lag from the Giga server.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.