Steamboat in hotel room?

007Mi6

Reaction score
Hi, I booked a 2N staycation come end of Oct 2021. Now with the situation, might have another no dine-in and hence this question.

How possible it is to have a steamboat for 2 pax in a room? Any potential fire hazards? Any other challenges?

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I booked a 2N staycation come end of Oct 2021. Now with the situation, might have another no dine-in and hence this question.

How possible it is to have a steamboat for 2 pax in a room? Any potential fire hazards? Any other challenges?
Don't waste public resources by triggering the smoke detector/alarm.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
You ought to book a hotel or a chalet that allows cooking. I believe most hotels do not allow naked flames in the room. The fumes can permeate and offend other guests.

shaff12

Master Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of the smoke detector alarm too.
Maybe not good to try.

But in case, a infra red or induction type of cooker can be considered?
But really should make it a small affair, not with a lot of steam triggering the detector alarm!
Think about it, hotel rooms usually have small electric kettle, I suppose those kind of steam is still acceptable. Maybe the same goes for a mini steamboat.

Why not consider take away or delivery from nearby restaurant instead?

007Mi6

Reaction score
You ought to book a hotel or a chalet that allows cooking. I believe most hotels do not allow naked flames in the room. The fumes can permeate and offend other guests.

induction/electric pot still trigger alarm?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I am not sure if hotels install heat detectors.
In any case, I would not like to be sleeping in a room that smells like a mala steamboat dinner. I would also be wary not to cause damage from spillage or offend other guests sharing the air circulation system.

Maybe you want to tell us which hotel it is you have booked.

007Mi6

Reaction score
I am not sure if hotels install heat detectors.
In any case, I would not like to be sleeping in a room that smells like a mala steamboat dinner. I would also be wary not to cause damage from spillage or offend other guests sharing the air circulation system.

Maybe you want to tell us which hotel it is you have booked.
Ok lah, I probably will not do it. Just a thought but my hotel room like window cannot open šŸ˜†

KelThazard

Master Member
Reaction score

I had this when I go 'staycation' at one of the hotels near Marina Square. Go Giant buy liao go back put water can eat liao.

nibJSvC.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.