sti collapse towards 1,444 has begun

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have you sold all your stocks especially reits with high dividend yield?

most of them will be worthless when the fed upz interest rate

keekeekee :s22:

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
drop drop drop... like grapes!!!

buy buy buy.. like free!!

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2008 US subprime.

2014 Interest rates.

March 1929, Dow had a mini crash. Then recovered.

October 1929, Dow crashed big.

July 2014, Dow -317.

October 2014, ?

U've been warned. Shorts enjoy.

guowei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have you sold all your stocks especially reits with high dividend yield?

most of them will be worthless when the fed upz interest rate

keekeekee :s22:

dunno what u talking sia, just keep stacking la. true investor buy to hold forever. who care what is the current value. drop buy more, up just rebalance. u know how to invest or not?

drop drop drop drop! :s12:

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dunno what u talking sia, just keep stacking la. true investor buy to hold forever. who care what is the current value. drop buy more, up just rebalance. u know how to invest or not?

drop drop drop drop! :s12:

"How often have you heard an investor say: 'I don't have to worry about fluctuations or margin calls? I never speculate. When I buy stocks, I buy them for an investment, and if they go down, eventually they will come back.'"

Livermore liked to remind people that there is nothing new in Wall Street. Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again. A large number of modern-day investors will certainly nod their heads ruefully when reading his thoughts from the 1920s on great investments tumbling.

In Livermore's opinion, investing using a buy and hold strategy was a bigger gamble than trading.

Buy and hold investors, he said, "make a bet, stay with it, and if it goes wrong, they lose it all."

Trading vs Investing

Jesse Livermore was considered the greatest trader of all time. Earning 100mil from shorting the market in 1929.

holysmokes

Reaction score
Past 20 years DJIA.

Roughly 2 out of 11 times (green arrows), closing off positions whenever there's a biggish month long selldown avoids a prolonged multi-year downtrend and heavy losses.

In the other 9 times (red arrows), such a strategy would have missed some great rallies.

As a shorting strategy, there's maybe 4 shorts that has at least 1:2 risk reward ratio. These wins may cover the 7 cut losses. But it doesn't jump out at me as a strong, clear edge.

No numerical backtesting was done. This is based on a 5 minute visual survey.

qlns0h9.png

guowei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"How often have you heard an investor say: 'I don't have to worry about fluctuations or margin calls? I never speculate. When I buy stocks, I buy them for an investment, and if they go down, eventually they will come back.'"

Livermore liked to remind people that there is nothing new in Wall Street. Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again. A large number of modern-day investors will certainly nod their heads ruefully when reading his thoughts from the 1920s on great investments tumbling.

In Livermore's opinion, investing using a buy and hold strategy was a bigger gamble than trading.

Buy and hold investors, he said, "make a bet, stay with it, and if it goes wrong, they lose it all."

Trading vs Investing

Jesse Livermore was considered the greatest trader of all time. Earning 100mil from shorting the market in 1929.

Tell that to warran buffett!

frenchbriefs

Banned
Reaction score
1,444 is only the beggining of the buying point!!!!waiting for it to crash to 666 huat ah!!!!!!!

highsulphur

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uncle ah.. Stop sounding like a broken record...

limster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
with this new thread, seems like uncle is just a troll.

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tell that to warran buffett!

that's if u buy the same kind of holdings as Buffett. There are stocks Buffett absolutely won't touch cos essentially, Buffett is a long term holder.

alexchia01

Reaction score
with this new thread, seems like uncle is just a troll.

The way he writes remind me of a troll from the past, who was banned.

Can't remember his old username.

Highly likely just the same person. Writing style very similar.

This is why I don't reply his posts. No time for trolls.

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singapore’s Great Sale That Wasn’t: China Tourists Stay Away

“If we change our renminbi to Hong Kong dollar, it seems like we have a huge amount of money. With Singapore dollar, you just feel like it is little money,” Zhu said last week as he walked empty handed out of the Paragon mall on Orchard Road with his family. Singapore retail goods are generally about 10 percent more expensive than in Hong Kong, he said.

high cost of:
1. rental
2. manpower
3. transport

triple whammy ensure gradual and smooth decline to 1444

not a one day crash but can be spread out in 2 years as many reits are busy finding ways to refinance about S$100 billions of expiring debt

if suddenly yellen jie jie upz the fed fund rate by 25bpt

the window of refinancing will suddenly close

only reits linked to the government can refinance via rights issue

others will have problem as the over-supply of commercial property is huge, many empty football fields waiting for people to rent

the next is private residential, as foreign investor withdrawn capital to invest in US property market in anticipation of US rate hike

the next is retail property, as unemployment rise to 5-8% due to the government persistent effort to upz productivity meaning some industry will disappear in Singapore like electronics and the manpower will take some time to retrain in industry like healthcare which have great demand in future as stinkies ageing population spikes in 2020-2030

Last edited:

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3300 MA50 is going to be gone by the end of this week as

sembcorp marine
capitaland
ocbc
glp
starhub
wilmar
noble

could report lower profits due to declining consumer demand as fear of retrenchment spreads as unemployment held at 3% for 2 quarter for stinkies, those who lost their jobs cannot find new ones

be warned :vijayadmin:

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like cosco, sembmar and kepfel could be hit by massive default of rig buyers

sembmar like to report lower profits today and may surprise with rig buyers default in the near future as credit runs dry with the end of qe3 in oct 2014

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dw if you don't sell your reits now, you may lose more than S$50K or all the accumulated dividend you have received may evaporate into thin air :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.