suggestions to flights to UK

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do u have or care about frequent flier miles?

everything else being equal, i would pick emirates.
It would be nice to break up a long flight and also to see the Dubai airport.

punggolkid

Reaction score
My opinion:

SQ: for comfort and for *A miles, I think it's worth the slight premium.
EK: comfort comparable to SQ, but I hate the wee hour stopover. Miles are restricted to EK.
BA: not the best in comfort compared to the above 2 carriers. If you want a direct and cheap flight, then this is for you. And also if you're a member of One World.

Edit: to add on, if you're flying on BA's B744, they're really noisy compared to SQ's A380 and EK's A380/B77W. I find it harder to sleep comfortably on BA with the noise level.

Last edited:

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Emirates triumph over British Airways in term of aircraft type and inflight service.

On Emirates you get newer planes(777) while BA is stuck with their 20 years old 747s for flights to Singapore. The planes are also problematic - my aunt who flew to Barcelona via London recall her return flight struck with a 2 hour delay while everyone was on board..not to help was that the pilots actually turned the A/C off! :mad:

alpc

Reaction score
I prefer direct flights, I hate transits unless that location has no direct flights like US, then I will go with transits.

Having said that, I flew BA (look for BA16 to London, BA15 back to SG) on their 777 to/fro Heathrow before as SQ flights to Manchester was full during a trip in 2008. Has no issues with BA, the flight was comfortable.

Last edited:

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I prefer direct flights, I hate transits unless that location has no direct flights like US, then I will go with transits.

FYI, SQ2, SQ12, SQ16 and SQ26 are direct flights to US.
SQ38 and SQ22 are non-stop flights to US.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.