Taiwan is invited to democracy summit and China is very angry..

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
China shld just ignore and let them do whatever they like.

greentiger

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A Taiwanese friend shared with me. Long time ago, Taiwan support USA over something. Then China showed its anger by stopping tourists from coming over. The Taiwanese economy crashed in that sector. And there were no extra tourists to make up for this shortfall.

So it's complicated. Usa might be showing leadership. Or taking this chances to weaken Taiwanese economy by making them anger China.
Actually, US may not be unhappy if China attacks Taiwan.

After that, can sanction China with other western countries.

That will set China's development back by at least 10 years.

Of course, they will not send US troops to help fight in the war.

Philipkee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Taiwan is doing well without chinese tourist
Covid no travel bubbles anyway
Trade? But I only know about tourism cos my friend was in that industry. WAS is because he is tight-lipped on whether or not he is still in the industry.

Joge517

Reaction score
Trade? But I only know about tourism cos my friend was in that industry. WAS is because he is tight-lipped on whether or not he is still in the industry.
Ma was doing a good job maintaining the neutral relationship between china and Taiwan previously. when Vegetable english took over, she kept stirring **** with china to stroke nationalism sentiment to divert attention from her team's failings and dropping popularity with the internal issues within tw, similar to what mahatir did when he become pm recently. End up only citizens suffer because china cut left , right center in trade, tourism and more. USA talk alot but they also do anything to help tw in terms of trade of tourism when china is squeezing tw, they only want to sell tw weapons to booast their own coffers. I doubt majority of taiwanese care about independence at all, can earn $$$ and have a decent standard of living more important

yumsang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
120823c9d5d34dfdb618252f596ec4c5.jpeg

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
means those deem not a democratic country won't be invited???? over to u king of clowns

greenbubble

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don’t think PAP gov wanna join in. Not because of China. You don’t go to summit to show face, there are agenda and things to push. Pappy doesn’t wanna to go and bring back commitments to change the political system of SG and improve on democracy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.