Tcl tv can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Thanks. I did not see this post but I did picked up a Sharp TV earlier at Gain City today. LC-50UA6800X for $879. It is an android TV but the android TV only comes when you press the button on the remote.

I would assume it would be the same for the TCL TV. I wanted to try TCL but decide to stay with Sharp due to my mother being more familiar with the sharp remote.

Not sure about your Sharp Smart TV. My Android TV (Android Oreo 8.0 now waiting for the release of Pie 9 for my TV model) and my friend's TCL Android TV (also Android 8) boot up directly on Android. Again without generalizing things, not all Android TV (even with same version) are the same in performance such as boot up (from power down) or interface speed. Some are better than the other. Try it for yourself is the best. You can check out TCL android interface against other make.

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure about your Sharp Smart TV. My Android TV (Android Oreo 8.0 now waiting for the release of Pie 9 for my TV model) and my friend's TCL Android TV (also Android 8) boot up directly on Android. Again without generalizing things, not all Android TV (even with same version) are the same in performance such as boot up (from power down) or interface speed. Some are better than the other. Try it for yourself is the best. You can check out TCL android interface against other make.

Good suggestion, every vendor has different customization. So is better to try out before purchase.

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
That was why I posted on this thread to get a feel of the TCL TV. I really wanted to try it especially for the price/performance. In the end I took the safe route of going back to Sharp. Having older folks at home who are resistant to technology can be a hassle. Sometime I worried technologies became too smart for us when we become too old to learn it.

Good suggestion, every vendor has different customization. So is better to try out before purchase.

inquiring minds

Reaction score
Hi

I am considering the 65" TCL TV.

A quick check on Giant online website shows they carry two models.

1) The Series P P8S at $888
2) TCL 65C8 at $1299.

Any feedback/opinions on both ?

I was considering the Mi TVs before but decided that my requirements for Netflix and youtube, I think TCL TVs would be a better fit for me. Now just to decide on which one of the 65" TCL TVs.

TIA !

sos911

Reaction score
Hi

I am considering the 65" TCL TV.

A quick check on Giant online website shows they carry two models.

1) The Series P P8S at $888
2) TCL 65C8 at $1299.

Any feedback/opinions on both ?

I was considering the Mi TVs before but decided that my requirements for Netflix and youtube, I think TCL TVs would be a better fit for me. Now just to decide on which one of the 65" TCL TVs.

TIA !
Not sure abt 65C8 . i have 65C6 with harman.Kardon soundbar. 4k PQ is superb. Can play HDR10 video files.

inquiring minds

Reaction score
Not sure abt 65C8 . i have 65C6 with harman.Kardon soundbar. 4k PQ is superb. Can play HDR10 video files.

Not sure if they have the 65C6 model still?

This is the description I received from their online store

TCL 65C8 QUHD Android Tv
Size: 1.00EA
$1,299.00

And the other one is the P8 something.

freezerz

Reaction score

TCL 65C8 QUHD Android Tv
$1,299.00

I've received my 65C8 for less 4 days and I must say I am very satisfied with it. Picture quality is very good, at least to my layman's eyes. I am always sceptical about those demo videos they played in store, thinking I can never achieve those quality at home. I was so wrong, this TV delivers on top notched HDR quality with 4K videos, even from Youtube. I don't have Netflix Premium so cannot test that.

Anyway I was deciding on the same 2 models as you do, and it looks to me that C8 has deeper black and the Quantum dots compared to the $888 P8S.

gregkwan

Reaction score

TCL 65C8 QUHD Android Tv
$1,299.00

There is only 65C8 and 65P8S in Giant. Design is subjective. Below are my thoughts:

In terms of picture quality 65C8 is better based on the specs, but this is still subjective to one's eyes. Both supports 4K, so to me it's a matter of colour which can be somewhat tuned.

In terms of sound, C8 comes with Onkyo speakers built in, normal speakers for P8S. If you are using sound system, then this does not really matter.

One major difference is P8S is only single band Wifi (2.4GHz) with LAN, C8 is dual band (5GHz and 2.4GHz) with LAN. So if wireless streaming is a must, C8 is better. Both on USB2.0

In terms of price, P8S is $400 cheaper. Whether $400 is worth the price of the "upgrades" is subjective. I got myself a P8S since it's a secondary TV for me.

infocus

Reaction score
Thanks all for the feedback.

One last question.

just wanted t to know if I should get it now or hold on for a bit, for some possible sale and price reduction in future?

Also I intend to mount it. Do you have someone to recommend or should I just get it form Giant and their in-house third party installer?

Thanks again !

The last known promotion price was $999 during the computer exhibition show. This $888 price I think is already a good price for 65 incher. Hoot it to enjoy it earlier rather than wait. Maybe only drop by $20 to $30 only. The quality is not bad if you tune the settings. I am enjoying for 1 week already :)

inquiring minds

Reaction score
The last known promotion price was $999 during the computer exhibition show. This $888 price I think is already a good price for 65 incher. Hoot it to enjoy it earlier rather than wait. Maybe only drop by $20 to $30 only. The quality is not bad if you tune the settings. I am enjoying for 1 week already :)

Thanks 👍🏻

inquiring minds

Reaction score

Hi
Did you self collect it or was it delivered?
If delivered and wall mounted by Giant’s third party contractor, how much did it costs ?

Thanks !

inquiring minds

Reaction score
using 65C6US pq not bad

I’ve check on Giant’s online store, unfortunately they only have the 55” for this series.

In the 65” range, only this models are available for TCL:

65” P8S @$888
65” C8 @ $1299 (if I’m not mistaken on the pricing?)

max.sim

Reaction score
TCL P8S vs Samsung RU7400 series.

Any comparisons on these two sets?
Was planning on RU7400 55inch selling for $1000.
Before realizing that TCL P8S 65 inch going for $888.

ondooy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
P8S can handle ps4 pro ?
planning on getting this to pair with a ps4 pro. :)

FinchGuy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can share how you did the tuning? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.