Tcl tv can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

verna42

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone here managed to play shows from meWATCH(Toggle) after successful installation of the apk?

DriftKing

Reaction score
So in terms of the price range, its P8M < P8S or P715 < C715 < C815 for cheaper to more ex or perhaps in the same specs bracket?

P8M < P8S or P715 < C6 or C8 < C71x < C81x (ending with 5 means 55 inch, if 6 means 65 inch)

Maybe like this.

Not sure how diff also, P8 vs C6/C8, P8 is direct backlit, C6 is edge lit. Same as P715 vs C71/C81.

richcel

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone here managed to play shows from meWATCH(Toggle) after successful installation of the apk?
If you wanna use android tv to play, After you use xplorer to install meWATCH you need to use side load to launch the apk

gmonster

Reaction score
In a weird way..imho maybe more worthwhile to look at tcl c715. I presume you are looking at the parallel importer on carousel? I see c715 at like 769 bucks?
C715 is direct backlit panel vs c815 edge lit.
None of us has seen the tv so I am just comparing specs and price wise.

If you dont require sophisticated smart features, maybe look at panasonic gx800 for accurate colours and hcx chip upsampling.

Will you recommend a direct backlit or edge lit panel?

I have Apple TV box so you are suggesting going for gx800 to pair with it?

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
Will you recommend a direct backlit or edge lit panel?

I have Apple TV box so you are suggesting going for gx800 to pair with it?

Theoretically Direct Backlit should provides more even brightness however the actual result varies across different models from various TV makers, so it is really hard to say which is better. It is better to check out the reviews of each model.

GX800 from Panasonic supplied locally is using IPS panel, IMO not really suitable if you intend to use the TV to watch HDR contents or movies with lots of dark scenes. IPS panel has great viewing angle however the contrast ration is very poor, so black color would turn out to be more like gray.

gmonster

Reaction score
That’s the problem. Quite obvious if the panel has problem rendering black when you fire up the YouTube app. My old Sony TV don’t feel grey when rendering true black.

Theoretically Direct Backlit should provides more even brightness however the actual result varies across different models from various TV makers, so it is really hard to say which is better. It is better to check out the reviews of each model.

GX800 from Panasonic supplied locally is using IPS panel, IMO not really suitable if you intend to use the TV to watch HDR contents or movies with lots of dark scenes. IPS panel has great viewing angle however the contrast ration is very poor, so black color would turn out to be more like gray.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s the problem. Quite obvious if the panel has problem rendering black when you fire up the YouTube app. My old Sony TV don’t feel grey when rendering true black.

Is ur old Sony tv a Full HD tv?

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All 4k tvs have upscaling ability to some extent in order to fill up 1080p content onto the whole of our 4k tv screen. The question is are the upscaling ability good or not?
IMHO usually for movies, those brands with direct involvement in movie productions usually have better upscaling logarithms.
Does TCL have good upscaling ability? Maybe their high end ones which are not available locally does...but for the ones we have here..I dont think so. And I dont expect them to have because of the price we pay for them.

In other words, r u saying that normally it's the high end tv models that have gd upscaling ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.