Tcl tv can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spidie

Reaction score
Kns they call me say shipment delay. Only can deliver on Jan 4th.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
55P8M can install toggle app?

Android TV OS is not really compatible with Toggle app. Rather it should have built-in DVB-T2 tuner so you just need to add an antenna to get local MediaCorp TV channels.

And you also can use Toggle on the mobile phone and then cast to TV.

okAnO1

Reaction score
Android TV OS is not really compatible with Toggle app. Rather it should have built-in DVB-T2 tuner so you just need to add an antenna to get local MediaCorp TV channels.

And you also can use Toggle on the mobile phone and then cast to TV.

Actually I wanna watch the catch up TV. I think can only use cast then.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I wanna watch the catch up TV. I think can only use cast then.

If you are more adventurous, then you can extract the latest version of Toggle apk from Android mobile phone using apps like apk extractor. Then transfer the apk to the TV, install the Toggle apk on the TV.

I have got Toggle to work on Mi Box S this way. No way to use a mouse or the remote to click the exit button, but you can return to home.

Disclaim: this is a hack and not guaranteed to work. YMMV on the TCL Android TV. And I am not responsible for any potential problems.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
If you are more adventurous, then you can extract the latest version of Toggle apk from Android mobile phone using apps like apk extractor. Then transfer the apk to the TV, install the Toggle apk on the TV.

I have got Toggle to work on Mi Box S this way. No way to use a mouse or the remote to click the exit button, but you can return to home.

Disclaim: this is a hack and not guaranteed to work. YMMV on the TCL Android TV. And I am not responsible for any potential problems.
I've side load toggle apk into my Sony Android TV. can use remote control to navigate in the app.

https://apkpure.com/toggle/sg.mediacorp.android

https://imgur.com/a/6dF72vl

Last edited:

VideoOne2

Reaction score
I can use the remote to navigate as well, just not able to exit. Workaround is simple, click the home button to go to home screen.

Ah i see. i dont use toggle. just test it for a friend.

btw i did not do any extract. Just download toggle apk put in usb and then side load to Sony Android TV.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah i see. i dont use toggle. just test it for a friend.

btw i did not do any extract. Just download toggle apk put in usb and then side load to Sony Android TV.

Good to know that. I tried it before but then Toggle complaint that it was not the latest version, so I extract from my phone. Probably 3rd party apk download site has catched up on the latest version.

Toggle is pretty picky. I am in China now for a short visit and I am not able to use Toggle (and SingTel TV Go) because Toggle blocked VPN SG server IP addresses.

I can use SingTel Cast in China.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Good to know that. I tried it before but then Toggle complaint that it was not the latest version, so I extract from my phone. Probably 3rd party apk download site has catched up on the latest version.

Toggle is pretty picky. I am in China now for a short visit and I am not able to use Toggle (and SingTel TV Go) because Toggle blocked VPN SG server IP addresses.

I can use SingTel Cast in China.

yes, when i launched, it did complain it is not compatible. i go ahead and navigate through. seems to be working.

one thing i noticed Toggle apk is much faster in loading than Toggle Red via over the air. it must be the broadband connection eh?

mankind66

Reaction score
yes, when i launched, it did complain it is not compatible. i go ahead and navigate through. seems to be working.

one thing i noticed Toggle apk is much faster in loading than Toggle Red via over the air. it must be the broadband connection eh?

Toggle can't work on my philips Android tv. But it has toggle red which is working (sometimes the red button is not appearing on the tv)

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Toggle can't work on my philips Android tv. But it has toggle red which is working (sometimes the red button is not appearing on the tv)

hmm intresting. did you install via usb? after side load it did not appear in app folder. have to run the app in tv set up. honestly it is very inconvenient. i do not use toggle. just playing around to check it out.
see this link.
https://imgur.com/a/6dF72vl

Last edited:

ckkoh1

Reaction score
Just an update. I pre order at tampines. You must look for the tcl promotor and check with him. He will write down the code and pay at the counter, then proceed to customer service counter to schedule a delivery date.
They are wearing black polo tee, alpha vision logo in front. Hopes it help....

Is the promoter there everyday? or only weekdays?

Spidie

Reaction score
Eh they can call him if he is not there. So anyone TV from giant not delivered yet due to shipment delay ?

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They called me saying the stock just arrived... Delivery still 31 Dec... 2 weeks without TV...

Spidie

Reaction score
My say delivery on 4th. Actually was promise yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.