Tcl tv can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretAgent

Banned
Reaction score
Just a thought only.
Is it not possible to set location to Singapore? Download Singapore firmware and reload the firmware?

Check this link
https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xf75xx_x75xxf-series/kd-65x7500f/downloads/00016219
I did check.. should be able to flash the ROM... Just for the records everything hardware seems the same. I will just leave it as it is as everything is working well.. I got a Chromecast for watching youtubes too

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did check.. should be able to flash the ROM... Just for the records everything hardware seems the same. I will just leave it as it is as everything is working well.. I got a Chromecast for watching youtubes too

With the Chromecast or Mi Box S, then no point messing with Google gapps on the China version of Sony TV.

It is said that Sony cuts too many things and it is very difficult to flash US/UK/etc ROM.
https://www.v2ex.com/t/511778

Mi Box S is not expensive at around S$80, with official local warranty, from Shopee Official Xiaomi store.

https://shopee.sg/product/178877065/5201808158?smtt=0.0.9

DriftKing

Reaction score
Same tv as local.. all specs same..just os is Chinese version without Google play store, probably getting a Android box later. Price is definitely alot cheaper... Only worry is no warranty but parts and repair still accessible as I know local repair man who can do Sony.

Thanks! Was thinking either the TCL, or Sony 8500 (or above) from Taobao/Msia as the price is at least 40% cheaper. But unless the Sony give much superior quality.. maybe the TCL is the best cheap bet to go without the hassle of warranty and a Mi Box.:s22:

SecretAgent

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks! Was thinking either the TCL, or Sony 8500 (or above) from Taobao/Msia as the price is at least 40% cheaper. But unless the Sony give much superior quality.. maybe the TCL is the best cheap bet to go without the hassle of warranty and a Mi Box.:s22:
Can...

I go down IMM to see those tcl 65 sets.. not too impressed.

The Sony got better graphic upscale, more natural color and motion,only the sound is still lacking and the black is not deep black.

It's a Sony, that's what they say... :o

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1WNGOrw.jpg

I bought this antenna. All local channels at 100% reception. Also received Malaysia channels.
My antenna is stick to the window

An update, my active antenna came, installed and all channels in lcoal channels at 100% and MY channels depending. But if I got 8TV i am cool.

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can...

I go down IMM to see those tcl 65 sets.. not too impressed.

The Sony got better graphic upscale, more natural color and motion,only the sound is still lacking and the black is not deep black.

It's a Sony, that's what they say... :o

Sony and TCL. It is pretty obvious who is the clear winner.

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
update on my TCL purchase.

my delivery is suppose to be 9 to 2pm on saturday 11 jan. i got it from sembawang shopping centre.

wait and wait, call to sembawang shopping centre giant went unanswered. even went to tampines giant to seek help from the manager on duty there as i'm nearby. that was around 3pm.

he help to call the manager and arrange called back. the manager for sembawang centre called me back and say once the tv is picked up, will informed me.. really is endless wait.

as it was new house and not staying there yet, all the stuff suppose to unpack is done and basically endless wait. really damn frustrating.

finally came at 5.15pm. 3rd party delivery and says his vehicle broke down. couldnt answered why giant wasnt informed. was tempted to reject the order.

wrote to giant about this and no reply yet. shall wait to see what they say. spoil my saturday plan sia.

blade39

Master Member
Reaction score
update on my TCL purchase.

my delivery is suppose to be 9 to 2pm on saturday 11 jan. i got it from sembawang shopping centre.

wait and wait, call to sembawang shopping centre giant went unanswered. even went to tampines giant to seek help from the manager on duty there as i'm nearby. that was around 3pm.

he help to call the manager and arrange called back. the manager for sembawang centre called me back and say once the tv is picked up, will informed me.. really is endless wait.

as it was new house and not staying there yet, all the stuff suppose to unpack is done and basically endless wait. really damn frustrating.

finally came at 5.15pm. 3rd party delivery and says his vehicle broke down. couldnt answered why giant wasnt informed. was tempted to reject the order.

wrote to giant about this and no reply yet. shall wait to see what they say. spoil my saturday plan sia.
U got your TV liao. Give and take la. Don't spoil people rice bowl

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Reaction score
Courts. The TCL 6 Series/R625 2019 is the best TCL TV we've tested so far. It has an impressive picture quality that delivers deep blacks in a dark room thanks to the high native contrast ratio, excellent black uniformity, and good local dimming support. It can get very bright to fight the glare of any bright room.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For a fair comparison, i feel that one should be comparing TCL and Prism TVs side by side, instead of against the big boys like Samsung, LG, Sony.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For a fair comparison, i feel that one should be comparing TCL and Prism TVs side by side, instead of against the big boys like Samsung, LG, Sony.

My guess is it really what you use the tv for. If 90% is watching TV. Don't think there is much different between brands. Not to forget TCL is also a OEM maker for many big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.