Tcl tv can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel people need to adjust expectations. This TCL TV is not going to perform like a LG C9, but it's pretty close. At its price it's very good.

If you are just looking for a TV. Don't think there is much different for a $1K tv vs $3k one.

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel people need to adjust expectations. This TCL TV is not going to perform like a LG C9, but it's pretty close. At its price it's very good.

Yes the price is really attractive and honestly the TV looks pretty good

sos911

Reaction score
Tried playing 4k video on my TCL 65C6US. It display HDR10 and Dolby logo on screen.

At the minimum i know my display panel is HDR certified.

oB0sQO5l.jpg

Last edited:

SyncGuy

Reaction score
Tried playing 4k video on my TCL 65C6US. It display HDR10 and Dolby logo on screen.

At the minimum i know my display panel is HDR certified.

oB0sQO5l.jpg

Ooooo....

But the color how? Really HDR? Or same like SDR TVs (previously you have maybe?).

FlushX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought and tried the C8? Price is somewhat higher than the P8S/P8M so i'm wondering if it's worth the premium.

Side note, where to find the 55" P8S currently? Online is OOS afaik.

TIA!

gregkwan

Reaction score
Has anyone bought and tried the C8? Price is somewhat higher than the P8S/P8M so i'm wondering if it's worth the premium.

TIA!

55" P8S should be still available in the Giant stores. I saw last Thu night at Tampines, still a lot.

Based on published specs C8 difference is with dual band wifi, onkyo speakers, HDR+, dolby vision and dolby atmos; P8S is 2.4Ghz single band (although both models have LAN), normal speakers, HDR and dolby audio

FlushX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I also noticed that there are 2 variants to the P8 series - P8S and P8M. Any notable difference that I should know?

55" P8S should be still available in the Giant stores. I saw last Thu night at Tampines, still a lot.

Based on published specs C8 difference is with dual band wifi, onkyo speakers, HDR+, dolby vision and dolby atmos; P8S is 2.4Ghz single band (although both models have LAN), normal speakers, HDR and dolby audio

sos911

Reaction score
Ooooo....

But the color how? Really HDR? Or same like SDR TVs (previously you have maybe?).
As far as my eyes tells me, the colors displayed is superb. Playing youtube videos also displayed as 2160HDR format

freezerz

Reaction score

TIA!

Tested both at Tampines Giant. When I tested some HDR video from my thumbdrive, the P8S has problem playing properly the 1st time (picture was laggy). I had to remove and plug in again to another USB port to play properly. The C8 played properly 1st time.

Also it seems the C8 has deeper black in the shop. And the specs says Quantum Dot for C8, so that helps me to decide on that model.

I'm expecting delivery of the 65C8 tomorrow. Will test out after.

freezerz

Reaction score
TCL TV can do wall mount?
You all know any installer?
I'll be reusing the same mount from my very old 32" (spoilt a long time ago) for the 65". The same mount is holding my 55" now too. VESA 400mm can still fits on the old bracket, and 65" is less than 20kg, so should hold properly.

nortel

Reaction score
Just got my tcl p8s 65. But notice the screen is not as clear when watching free to air channel like ch5. Try adjusting the brightness and contrast but somehow still not so clear. Any idea what I need to set to get a clearer image?

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Just got my tcl p8s 65. But notice the screen is not as clear when watching free to air channel like ch5. Try adjusting the brightness and contrast but somehow still not so clear. Any idea what I need to set to get a clearer image?
it also depends on the original source. It may not be native HD (SD upscale to HD) then on your set, another upscale to UHD. one have to be realistic.

Best is zero upscale (native 4K)

There are various upscale 'engine' quality and it comes with price.

just my 2 cents.

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The quality of free to air low resolution shows on a 4K TV is really bad even for TV with a good upscaler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.