A4XGDf1.jpg

o7Xucp5.jpg

m3d5wpo.jpg

Y9h3agw.jpg

Rm23ln8.jpg

jCZ3Ww3.jpg

mmgD1ND.jpg

2EcGO53.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2019/11/27/the-one-killer-reason-why-buying-a-bargain-bucket-tv-on-black-friday-is-a-terrible-idea/#70f878177e88

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So many brands, models in the market, hardware specs, high nits for HDR and prices etc. For me I don't solely rely on their demo videos. Bring your own HDR movies and videos and personally try all the functions.

hanafixinara

Reaction score
giant imm & tamp restocked the 65p8s yesterday. got one today yay! price $888 huat ah. wanted to get the 65c8 but as a bro mentioned here below 1k to get more bang for buck!

genexus

Reaction score
According to Jerry on Carousell the P8S does support Dolby Vision but I can't seem to get it to work on my Netflix.

Wondering if I should sideload the Netflix application.

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
According to Jerry on Carousell the P8S does support Dolby Vision but I can't seem to get it to work on my Netflix.

Wondering if I should sideload the Netflix application.
P8S does not support Dolby Vision. Only C8 supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

genexus

Reaction score
P8S does not support Dolby Vision. Only C8 supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

That's what I thought too. The Australian website says it does. I wonder if there a model variants.

Looks like Nvidia Shield is the way to go for Atmos passthrough.

polygon500

Reaction score
I believe the official model for SG should be C716 which is a different colour but same TV.

Nate_Liza

Reaction score
Hi!
anyone bought the new model C815? I just bought the C815 .... anyone knows the recommended settings for the audio ? It sounds quite bad, audio very low and need to volume up above 60 to listen clearly. any idea? Seller will get back to me only next week shipment as he/she don't have any stock to try it out.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi!
anyone bought the new model C815? I just bought the C815 .... anyone knows the recommended settings for the audio ? It sounds quite bad, audio very low and need to volume up above 60 to listen clearly. any idea? Seller will get back to me only next week shipment as he/she don't have any stock to try it out.

How much you got it for and can give us your initial reviews of the picture quality?

yeowboon

Reaction score
Just bought the TCL 49 inch FHD tv. Anyone can share how u all adjust the picture? As in saturation, brightness all this adjust to which level?

boonkang

Reaction score
Just bought the TCL 49 inch FHD tv. Anyone can share how u all adjust the picture? As in saturation, brightness all this adjust to which level?

This is called TV calibration or to calibrate your TV.

For this I make use of info at these two links:
https://calibracionhd.com/tv-calibration-screen-calibration-how-to-calibrate-monitor-fast-and-easy/
https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/how-to-calibrate-your-tv
The above Web pages have images that you can download & display on your TV to help with adjusting the TV settings.

If you think the above articles are talking nonsense, you can search/Google for yourself -- MANY (MANY) other Web sites/articles that discuss calibrating TV (settings).

I only use the info in the above Web links to quickly get the TV image close to recommended settings.

Then I'll fine tune (make minor adjustments) -- depending on my personal viewing preferences + lighting conditions at where I place the TV.

E.g. For me, I find that many TV calibrate guides on the Internet -- if followed exactly -- will end up w/ TV saturation a bit on the high side (i.e. colour a bit strong/intense). YMMV (Your mileage may vary).

After most TV calibration settings are done -- I usually end up lowering saturation a bit to suit my own viewing preferences. YMMV.

At the end of the day,
You just need to play around w/ the TV settings until the image on screen looks best/most natural to you. Simple. :)

Last edited:

yeowboon

Reaction score
This is called TV calibration or to calibrate your TV.

For this I make use of info at these two links:
https://calibracionhd.com/tv-calibration-screen-calibration-how-to-calibrate-monitor-fast-and-easy/
https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/how-to-calibrate-your-tv
The above Web pages have images that you can download & display on your TV to help with adjusting the TV settings.

If you think the above articles are talking nonsense, you can search/Google for yourself -- MANY (MANY) other Web sites/articles that discuss calibrating TV (settings).

I only use the info in the above Web links to quickly get the TV image close to recommended settings.

Then I'll fine tune (make minor adjustments) -- depending on my personal viewing preferences + lighting conditions at where I place the TV.

E.g. For me, I find that many TV calibrate guides on the Internet -- if followed exactly -- will end up w/ TV saturation a bit on the high side (i.e. colour a bit strong/intense). YMMV (Your mileage may vary).

After most TV calibration settings are done -- I usually end up lowering saturation a bit to suit my own viewing preferences. YMMV.

At the end of the day,
You just need to play around w/ the TV settings until the image on screen looks best/most natural to you. Simple. :)

Thank you for your detailed advice!! First time using this TV as my
Mum can’t bear to throw away the CRT type of tv haha

wooptydoo

Reaction score
Hi!

I bought the C815 and had the same audio quality issue.

What I did was mess around with the sound presets and it sounded MUCH better.

I think you can try setting dialog enhancer to high. I forgot what the exact setting is. Dialog "something".

crackrawksteady

Reaction score
I bought the a 55" P8S from the PI Carousell seller. I noticed that I am unable to tune my Tv to get the Singapore's digital tv channels.

Anyone facing the same issues or am I doing something wrong here?

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the a 55" P8S from the PI Carousell seller. I noticed that I am unable to tune my Tv to get the Singapore's digital tv channels.

Anyone facing the same issues or am I doing something wrong here?

I also bought a parallel import japan set. Use antenna alone cannot receive the digital channels. Was told by the seller to use a digital box, lucky have one if not cannot watch local channels.

crackrawksteady

Reaction score
I did use the digital antenna with booster but still cant get it. In the settings, you can select your country (eg. Philippines, China) but there is no Singapore in the option.

Does that affect anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.