TCL TV discussion thread III [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

stasio

Reaction score
I bought the model as a C715.
The seller gave me a Q637 which looks exactly like a C715.

So I’m surprised mine is on a different platform than an actual C715.
Looks like, but is not.
Q637 is closed to C725 spec.,even firmware is same.

bojangle

Reaction score
not sure what you meant by blooming.
Images are very clear, and it does support Dolby Vision and HDR when I connect my nvidia shield direct to the tv.
Will need to upgrade my current AVR - only 4k passthrough and no eARC. Never ending! Haha.
blooming is like faint white shadows surrounding the white text of subtitles.
if u watch mostly from nvidia, u dun need eARC unless u watch Netflix or Disney+ from TV, but then again ur Nvidia also can watch Netflix Disney+, agreed that tech has no ending..haha

evoluti0n7

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i bought a C725 on Carousell, believe it as a Europe Set as i cannot select any country outside there. Picked UK as a result

however it seems like netflix is not working, nor is disney plus.

I read that some people actually change the versions and all

My question is just, how can i get Netflix to work when i press the button on the remote?

Is there a way to change my tv into a asia set ?

My tv habits is jus Netflix, Viu and Disney plus..

TechZSG

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i bought a C725 on Carousell, believe it as a Europe Set as i cannot select any country outside there. Picked UK as a result

however it seems like netflix is not working, nor is disney plus.

I read that some people actually change the versions and all

My question is just, how can i get Netflix to work when i press the button on the remote?

Is there a way to change my tv into a asia set ?

My tv habits is jus Netflix, Viu and Disney plus..

Does the TV region setting matter with those kind of apps? I'd think its more that the app detects your location using your internet connection IP.

I would recommend using better media device like Apple TV 4K, Shield TV or others. Onboard TV UI is just too slow in my opinion.

evoluti0n7

Reaction score
Does the TV region setting matter with those kind of apps? I'd think its more that the app detects your location using your internet connection IP.

I would recommend using better media device like Apple TV 4K, Shield TV or others. Onboard TV UI is just too slow in my opinion.
Yah man i also quite surprised why cannot use netflix(ui-800-3) , Disney plus(version not compatible with device)

This TV is from 2021 man.. i preorder and it just arrived somemore.. its a new tv, im not prepared to purchase a seperate device to fulfil my streaming needs man T_T

Am not expecting this..

Tried to reset the TV Twice, update the App, clear cache and data also same issue.

50C725

stasio

Reaction score
Yes,
TV region or "Project ID" and "Client Type" define which apps TV will install from global firmware.
Project ID can be changed.
For 2021 models Project ID is not released yet, so need the time to be released and change Project ID.
Sample where to look,of my C715 model.....

2021-06-30-110523.png

evoluti0n7

Reaction score
Sian man, i called the seller i buy from.. hes offering a refund

At the pricepoint for the QLed i believe nothing comes close to it.. and if possible i would like to keep the tv..

Looks like i cant solve it in the short term... tv with no netflix and disney plus

Yet nothing similar qled around the pricepoint for a 50inch

Would be great if theres a fix that i can apply..

Kim1972

Reaction score

At the pricepoint for the QLed i believe nothing comes close to it.. and if possible i would like to keep the tv..

Looks like i cant solve it in the short term... tv with no netflix and disney plus

Someone bought a C825 here with no netflix issue. Its mini qled and come with integrated soundbar. Maybe u can upgrade to that.

stasio

Reaction score

Try to ask @Livewings
what is his "Project ID" ,for his Q637.

or ask local TCL for help.

Last edited:

Bergedilbelly

Reaction score

Bought a C725 from dailybasic. At first, Netflix wasn't working. They sent a guy down to install something and now it's working. As for Disney+, I installed it via APK and now I'm able to use it. Very satisfied with the TV. 👍🏽

bomberman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow price launched in India for the C825 is quite exp. almost 2.8ksgd for the 65"

TCL C825, TCL C728, TCL C725 price in India, sale​

The new premium TCL C825 is priced at Rs 1,14,990 for the 55-inch variant and Rs. 1,49,990 for the 65-inch model. It will be available on Amazon India and Reliance Digital starting July 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.