TCL TV discussion thread III [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetherock

Reaction score
Why not just buy from the authorised dealer instead of spending your days worrying and wondering?
Warranties and assurances will cost some money. Pay the man his dues.

stasio

Reaction score
New firmware.....RT851T02...

V649

http://eu-update.cedock.com/apps/resource2...V649.019097.zip

build date= Jul 27 2021
build= 1627360231
security_patch= 2021-01-05
gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
software.version_name=AP08
OTA file size= 1.37GB

I didn't test yet....bellow observation is not my...

- HLG artifacts fix
- Terrestrial channel optimization
- Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
- (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
- Other minor optimizations and fixes

Edit:
Tested and is worth to update.....(y)

Last edited:

rubbadubbaducky!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That seller stopped responding when I made a request for the official spec sheet from their supplier.

So the only way to find out would be if a brave soul purchases it and reveals evidence that their sets are legitimate. They also do not have a showroom to view a display unit so no luck there. Its a risky endeavor though if it turns out legit its cheaper than the official singapore authorized retailers.

Some of the risks to factor in as seen in this thread are that some sets might end up like the ones the others had gotten from DailyBasic, 2GB with a fake HDMI port which is actually a USB port, firmware showing different model info and that weird power rating of 125 watts instead of 300 watts.
Is it the store techsupremestore? I also enquire if it comes with Magic Camera etc seller replied comes with 'normal camera' and didn't reply the rest of questions.

I think there's Shopee return policy whereby it protects the buyer from receiving goods not as described.

Kepller

Reaction score
Is it the store techsupremestore? I also enquire if it comes with Magic Camera etc seller replied comes with 'normal camera' and didn't reply the rest of questions.

I think there's Shopee return policy whereby it protects the buyer from receiving goods not as described.
Yes that's the same store I've chatted with out of curiosity after @Kim1972 had stated there was a new seller on shopee. Basically the same vibes as the other 2 currently selling it, they are unable to provide evidence therefore if considering them, there's risks involved unless shopee's return policy is strong.

Additionaly as there's still no in-depth review of the C825, the actual performance is still a mystery. We would have to depend on either HDTVTest or HardwareUnboxed on youtube to give us the details of the TCL C825.

Aside from the C825, Philips has also stated their new 2021 Mini LEDs will be launched in Singapore though was pretty conservative on the availability date and price.
https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/65PML9506_12/9500-series-4k-uhd-miniled-android-tv
RTINGs and the other few U.S based TV reviewers will likely not review the C825 as it is not offered there. They are getting the R648 instead which is slightly similar to the C825 (aesthetically) though its 8K instead of 4K and there's no info on what Mediatek SOC its equipped with.

IMO it looks better than the C825 (aesthetically) without the soundbar and those stands looks like it was taken from one of the Sony TVs.

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So only 50qn90a is va panel, and rest of the size from qn90 series are ads panel? Ads is also a form of ips panel, its originally known as ads-ips, but the name is too long so people just call it ads panel.

Alot of us are just trying to find out more info, if u have any source that can point to us that singapore qn90 series are all va panel, i am sure alot of potential buyers and already bought buyers would be glad to see that. As a buyer looking for mini led tv, i am just trying to get more technical specs out of my short listed tv that's all. I have nothing against samsung
50" is confirm VA. Other size think Samsung call it as hybrid panel although Samsung Singapore web site indicate it is a VA panel.

If you look closer, you can see the panel is 2 layerS. And 85 series and 90 series has a noticeable different.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New firmware.....RT851T02...

V649

http://eu-update.cedock.com/apps/resource2...V649.019097.zip

build date= Jul 27 2021
build= 1627360231
security_patch= 2021-01-05
gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
software.version_name=AP08
OTA file size= 1.37GB

I didn't test yet....bellow observation is not my...

- Terrestrial channel optimization
- Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
- (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
- Other minor optimizations and fixes
Still on Android 9 is a big disadvantage.

yang_nastyman

Reaction score
How are the lower/mid tier TV's from TCL being sold in Giant?

Am thinking of purchasing the ones that are sub $500 for my parents.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still have 5 months time.
What you think in Android 11 will change ?
Not much difference compare to 9.
V649 works OK.
Security fix and also application support. Older Android version may finally drop off some application support. Android 9 is more then 2 years old already.

stasio

Reaction score
Security fix and also application support. Older Android version may finally drop off some application support. Android 9 is more then 2 years old already.
C825....Android 11 ....security_patch= 2021-01-05
C725.....Android 11.....security_patch= 2020-12-05
C715......Android 9.......security_patch= 2021-01-05

Apps are mostly universal from Android 5 (8) above.

Smokey.B

Master Member
Reaction score
guys does nvidia shield tv pro works well for TCL tv playing 4k or 4k remux?

realised the ethernet port only 100mps and can't work well with my plex for better quality videos

Kim1972

Reaction score

realised the ethernet port only 100mps and can't work well with my plex for better quality videos

I think nvidia shield should work. But i heard nvidia shield only output at 4k 60fps not 120fps. Pls correct me if i am wrong

The ethernet port should be 100 Mbps. U only need 25 Mbps for 4k streaming

TechZSG

Reaction score

I'm using a Shield Pro with my TCL, works really well.

I think nvidia shield should work. But i heard nvidia shield only output at 4k 60fps not 120fps. Pls correct me if i am wrong

The ethernet port should be 100 Mbps. U only need 25 Mbps for 4k streaming

You wouldn't be really watching any media content that's higher than 4K60 to begin with :)
A high-bitrate 4K Remux direct-play can saturate a 100mbit link. 4K "streaming" is not as high bitrate (can blame NF/D+ for that).

oppaleo

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently purchased a 50'C725 from Dailybasic. However the TV seems to be super laggy when it comes to even switching on/off the TV. The screen will black out for about 3-5 mins when I on it, and only after 3-5 mins then the screen will have something. EVen when I'm browsing through the apps on the 1st page, the lag is pretty bad. Can I know why is that happening? Any way to solve the issue?

stasio

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently purchased a 50'C725 from Dailybasic. However the TV seems to be super laggy when it comes to even switching on/off the TV. The screen will black out for about 3-5 mins when I on it, and only after 3-5 mins then the screen will have something. EVen when I'm browsing through the apps on the 1st page, the lag is pretty bad. Can I know why is that happening? Any way to solve the issue?
Can you post pic of "Product Information" from setting ?

JustBored

Reaction score
Wtf, this sounods so bad - 3-5mins to turn on.

badbad2000

Reaction score
no support from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.