TCL TV discussion thread III [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeswecan

Reaction score
Try installing vpn to US ip and install Disney+.

Also, after factory setting, did you finished the initial setup? Where it asked for wifi etc. There is skip and okay button on tcl page. Can you get through and login tcl?

If no, then i think M113 is the answer. I spoke to seller to try them cuz I dont want to fry my tv its working well now i dont need google services.

Yes I did. But the TCL Account page only got a login button that I cannot get through…

Hopefully the remote makes a difference as the reason why I bought this TV is also because of the latest Google TV version.

Honestly having slight buyer remorse now cos the set up experience is really bad.

If I opted for a local set the set up will definitely not have this issue…

EDIT: Reached out to seller and they are really very accommodating and patience with the explanation and never stop reassuring me that the issue will be solved as it is a firmware issue and not the TV. Whether is it in SG or US, it doesn't makes any difference! Guess I should have known better LOL.

One positive out of this is at least I know dailybasic is a legitimate seller and they will go all out to assist the customer. Thumbs up to their superb customer service!

Will wait for the new remote to come soon!

Last edited:

Kepller

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the 65 inch of R646 to be available....but hor, any risk buying from this DailyBasic ah?

I mean, considering the C825 saga....will they take R635 sell it as the R646?

In any case, SG no where selling Hisense rite? It seems from reviews that the U8G is the better budget premium TV....
These are pretty good assumptions that might potentially affect their other models on sale as well. The risk is there as its backed with evidence (actual photos) in this thread and in the TCL Telegram group.

aravereadone

Reaction score
Yes I did. But the TCL Account page only got a login button that I cannot get through…

Hopefully the remote makes a difference as the reason why I bought this TV is also because of the latest Google TV version.

Honestly having slight buyer remorse now cos the set up experience is really bad.

When you do the initial setup upon factory reset (first startup) there is okay and skip selection.

I pressed skip the first time then now it only shows okay button. Ive been wanting to reset and try selecting okay and ive created tcl account already to see if it makes difference.

Still waiting for my remote

aravereadone

Reaction score
Playing video clips by local player (Dolby Vision,HLG,HDR10 and HDR10+) with my SD card,also in NTFS.
MX Player and VLC also no problem. Kodi not installed.
As i know exFAT didn't works (Android 9).
NTFS works well, no hiccups playing 15gb movie. Thanks for the info.

aravereadone

Reaction score

EDIT: Reached out to seller and they are really very accommodating and patience with the explanation and never stop reassuring me that the issue will be solved as it is a firmware issue and not the TV. Whether is it in SG or US, it doesn't makes any difference! Guess I should have known better LOL.

One positive out of this is at least I know dailybasic is a legitimate seller and they will go all out to assist the customer. Thumbs up to their superb customer service!

Will wait for the new remote to come soon!
Reset factory settings
> set up as basic tv (no google account)
> accept all terms
> tcl page will come out and skip functions will appear.
> press skip

This way it will complete the setup and go to home.

Now that you have a basic tv without the apps suggestions and such;

> login google account (on home page)
> skip remote pairing
> accept all terms
> tcl page will come out again (stuck)
> hold home button, press your name (account) to go back to home
> now install all apps needed (it will not stuck at pending)
> update all the apps now since its not possible later when used as basic tv (need to login again)
> once installed and updated all the apps, restart device from settings menu or remove the power socket
> turn on tv and select use as basic tv

Now you can use the tv with all the updated apps.
You can enjoy all the apps and no bugs but no google assistant.

Tv is way faster this way.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

jickyz

Reaction score
OK, try update to M113 version.
Is from June release, compare to M103 April release.
Strange, no any newer version since June.

Edit:
M113...
I tried to update my R646 to M113 but it still remained with M103, even no error massage and it went thru everything.

Last edited:

jickyz

Reaction score
I received my R646 (my very first smart TV, very first TCL) on 06-Sep from the carousel seller (dailybasic., he is quite helpful so far).

Problems by far that I encountered.

- Stuck at TCL login page.
> Factory reset a few times, re-setup, re-install apps and not letting it power-off from the plug for long.

- Unable to turn on after standby for a night, encountered last night.
> Quick power-off, power-on from the plug.

- Unable to connect internet.
> Turn-off auto timezone, set time to US (NY), manually adjust time and reboot.

- Unable to go inside Connection & Internet (Setting), kick me back to previous screen immediately
> No solution yet but luckily internet connection still works.

- Unable to download Disney+ app, even with US VPN.
> No solution.

- Unable to update to M113, even after no error and it went thru everything. Used FAT32 USB3.0 thumbdrive.
> 🤔🤔

I use Google Home and YouTube Premium so, I need to stay log in my YouTube account.
I also use CyberGhost VPN.
Kodi is installed and working. Using JioPages for web browsing, good to have adblocker.

Last edited:

aravereadone

Reaction score
I received my R646 (my very first smart TV, very first TCL) on 06-Sep from the carousel seller (dailybasic., he is quite helpful so far).

> Factory reset a few times, re-setup, re-install apps and not letting it power-off from the plug for long.

- Unable to go inside Connection & Internet (Setting), kick me back to previous screen immediately

> No solution.

- Unable to update to M113, even after no error and it went thru everything. Used FAT32 USB3.0 thumbdrive.
> 🤔🤔

I use Google Home and YouTube Premium so, I need to stay log in my YouTube account.
Kodi is installed and working. Using JioPages for web browsing, good to have adblocker.
The reason youre having this bugs is because 'initial setup' is not completed and running in background, in reality the TCL login page that you avoided is still running.

Imagine having a freshly installed Windows 10 on a brand new pc, then not completing or bypass the initial setup, i dont think the pc will run smoothly.

Follow my steps on post 729 and run the tv as basic tv. You'll still able to use all the latest app without any issues.

I also have the menu bugs (when hover to conection) before. But when you run it as basic tv, nothing is running in the background. You can remove the power or clear the ram it will still go back to home by itself no other issues.

Also, try installing M113 when the tv is in basic tv setup.

Last edited:

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score

> No solution.

> 🤔🤔

To be fair, Google TV is completely broken on R646.
It’s already reported on Reddit.

jickyz

Reaction score
The reason youre having this bugs is because 'initial setup' is not completed and running in background, in reality the TCL login page that you avoided is still running.

Imagine having a freshly installed Windows 10 on a brand new pc, then not completing or bypass the initial setup, i dont think the pc will run smoothly.

Follow my steps on post 729 and run the tv as basic tv. You'll still able to use all the latest app without any issues.

I also have the menu bugs (when hover to conection) before. But when you run it as basic tv, nothing is running in the background. You can remove the power or clear the ram it will still go back to home by itself no other issues.

Also, try installing M113 when the tv is in basic tv setup.

Yeah, bro. I listen to you. I went back to Basic Mode by Reset All/Shop and it became smooth as butter. No choice but had to give-up Google assistant and services. But my Google Home app still can detect the TV so cast YouTube Premium from phone to avoid ads lor. For future apps, maybe I will download from APK search. I will try to upgrade M113 soon.
Thanks a lot for great advice.
What is the difference tho?
Hopefully, no problem with my PO PS5, which is the main purpose of this purchase.

> Stasio
Bro, USB 3.0 is my thumbdrive. I only have that thumbdrive in my possession. 😁😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.