TCL TV discussion thread III [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

stasio

Reaction score
From RTINGS...R646....

Update 10/19/2021: We've received a few requests to check for resolution halving in certain games. We tried it with Destiny 2 on an Xbox Series X and didn't notice any signs of resolution issues; 4k @ 120Hz is displayed properly.

Kepller

Reaction score
TCL R646 RTINGS Review (Under Supported Resolutions):

The TCL 6 Series supports any resolution up to 4k @ 120Hz, as long as you set the HDMI Mode to 'HDMI 2.1' to reach the full bandwidth. It displays proper chroma 4:4:4 with 1080p and 4k signals at 60Hz, but it can't do it with any other signal. It accepts a 4k @ 120Hz signal in 10 or 12-bit color depth with chroma 4:4:4, but it doesn't properly display chroma 4:4:4 because text looks a bit fuzzier than what we would expect.

Interesting, so this means that TCL dropped full 4:4:4 chroma subsampling to offload the Mediatek SoC and avoid the halved resolution issue. This isn't really solving an issue as they are basically swapping an issue for another. Something to be aware of.

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
My c825 doesn't come with a webcam unfortunately. Any bro knows if the TV will be compatible with a Logitech webcam if I get it? Thanks

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry 1 more thing, I'm using the v82 firmware and it seems cannot control ok Google and led indicator settings anymore. These options disappear. I recall being able to do so early. The mics behind the TV also doesn't seem to be able to pick up anything even though I have switched it on

lunzi88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, am considering getting a 55" tv. Currently mostly looking at either the C728 or the C825. Would appreciate any advise which one to get.

Also, anyone seen the current pricing for these at giant?

Been in touch with daily basic on carousell, he is offering the Japan version of the c825 at 1288. But from what I understand from the thread the Japan version is the gimped version so not really worth it in that sense right?

DriftKing

Reaction score
Hi all, am considering getting a 55" tv. Currently mostly looking at either the C728 or the C825. Would appreciate any advise which one to get.

Also, anyone seen the current pricing for these at giant?

Been in touch with daily basic on carousell, he is offering the Japan version of the c825 at 1288. But from what I understand from the thread the Japan version is the gimped version so not really worth it in that sense right?
Not sure about the 55", dailybasic mentioned for the 65" is not the crippled version. 3GB Ram e.t.c.

stasio

Reaction score
Sorry 1 more thing, I'm using the v82 firmware and it seems cannot control ok Google and led indicator settings anymore. These options disappear. I recall being able to do so early. The mics behind the TV also doesn't seem to be able to pick up anything even though I have switched it on
I had been away a week+.
TCL all OTA links are down.
Only IMG links still OK.
For C825 has new IMG firmware V083........

http://celesw.tcl.com/Test/software/V8-T615T01-LF1V083.zip
build date= Oct 22 2021

chatbot

Reaction score
it seems obvious to most of you, but must all the upgrades be done via USB?
or the can be done from using the menu on the TV itself? let’s say, for C825 or R646 model

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

stasio

Reaction score
hi bro, is there any way that we can put the IMG file into the previous OTA file container, so that this can be updated via OTA and not wipe the TV? Thanks.
No, there is no way to do this.
Specially with C728/C825 IMG file, as is in one peace.

Btw,
New custom firmware....IMG file

V8-R851T02-LF1R112.019306

http://celesw.tcl.com/CSEU TV/Software/RT51/Test SW/Italy RT51 R112 RAI TV/R112Update.zip

build date= Nov 02 2021
build= 1635816658
security_patch= 2021-01-05
gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
software.version_name=AP08
IMG size= 2.99 GB

Last edited:

lunzi88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All, just gotten a 55C825 from dailybasic, wanted to check what is the current and best firmware to be on currently?

chatbot

Reaction score
Hi @Iuniz88,
Does it come with web cam? If yes, can it be used with Zoom other than Google duo?

And does yours come with 3 years on-site warranty? Another seller in Carousel is providing 3 years on-site, but I'm not sure if it covers parts on 2nd&3rd year.

All gurus,
I'm struggling to decide on C825, R646 and Sony X90J at the moment. Sony 5 years warranty pulls me a bit towards it. Price-wise for 65", they're almost the same if you consider warranty.

lunzi88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi @Iuniz88,
Does it come with web cam? If yes, can it be used with Zoom other than Google duo?

And does yours come with 3 years on-site warranty? Another seller in Carousel is providing 3 years on-site, but I'm not sure if it covers parts on 2nd&3rd year.

All gurus,
I'm struggling to decide on C825, R646 and Sony X90J at the moment. Sony 5 years warranty pulls me a bit towards it. Price-wise for 65", they're almost the same if you consider warranty.
Hey there, got mine at $1488 for EU version as the Jap version is the one that comes with 2gb ram only. Warranty is just for 1 year.

But it did come with 2 remotes and the webcam. Just checked via the app store on the tv zoom isn't available, maybe have to side load it but haven't tried doing that yet. But yeah it does seem to be working on duo as well as some random video conferencing apps on the playstore.

Weird issue that I've encountered is that although the tv is suppose to support 5ghz network, but it seemed only able to pick up my network on the 2.4ghz channel.

Not sure if it's the firmware issue, but I've downloaded the v83 img and updated to that but still no dice. Any expert can enlighten me on this?

chatbot

Reaction score
R646 also newer and has slight bettet part than c825.

anyone thinks worth to pay $350 for 2 more years warranty for C825 ?

updated 12.12
R646 has 10 bit depth panel. While C825 has 8bit + FRC.
But this shouldn't matter much.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.