Temasek offers 1.8% 5-year T2026-S$ Temasek Bond

lucky_

Reaction score
My friend applied 3k got 3k.... but unfortunately i cannot check mine as dbs still cannot log in for me

I have had problems logging into DBS since this morning as well. Was there an official announcement/acknowledgment that DBS ibanking was down ?

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those applied below 13k all will be allocate

This round more allocation . But lower interest rate

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, balloting ratio and allocation totally different from previous IPO....

Should have applied more :ROFLMAO::cry::rolleyes:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, balloting ratio and allocation totally different from previous IPO....

Should have applied more :ROFLMAO::cry::rolleyes:
Same. Last time applied 30k get 6k. This time thought won't get much applied 10k only.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 2.7% Temasek bonds were issued back in Oct 2018, when 5-year SGS interest rates were ~2.3%
Currently 5-year SGS rates are ~1.45%, so 1.8% is pretty much around expectation if you understand how bonds work.
For the record, I am in the fund asset industry. I definitely know how bonds works. Just because SGS rates are at 1.45% it means i should rush for 1.8%?

SO does that mean if we are in a negative interest rate env, an issuer issued bonds at 0.0% it should be oversubscribed?

There are way better ways to work my money

If u know what i mean

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
The ans is no but as in sg many are cash-rich they need to knw where else to place their cash (bsides under the pillow)? And w “lesser” riskiness…..

Anyway https://bt.sg/oGX3
More than 6x subscribed

tangent314

Reaction score
It's strange to see someone in the "fund asset industry" that don't understand "what is the draw in here".
Just because you think that a particular investment is not suitable for you does not mean it is not suitable for anyone else. Different people and entities have different needs.

There is always going to be a demand for bonds. There is obviously a lot of confidence in the credit rating of TH (AAA from both Moody's and S&P), so these yields are good for the credit rating in the current interest rate environment.

0218crawford

Reaction score
SO does that mean if we are in a negative interest rate env, an issuer issued bonds at 0.0% it should be oversubscribed?
Yes. if interest rate is expected to drop further.

Negative interest rate can become more negative. The zero coupond bond will increase in price when that happens.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's strange to see someone in the "fund asset industry" that don't understand "what is the draw in here".
Just because you think that a particular investment is not suitable for you does not mean it is not suitable for anyone else. Different people and entities have different needs.

There is always going to be a demand for bonds. There is obviously a lot of confidence in the credit rating of TH (AAA from both Moody's and S&P), so these yields are good for the credit rating in the current interest rate environment.
haha, i did not know that all Fund Managers will be agreeing with the draw here. Apologies, maybe the years of experience under my belt still insufficient.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.