TFIP IBF Software Engineering

arcan3

Reaction score
i think some FIs will take time to look through the candidate pool, should get a response within the next 2 weeks.

for me i didn't get the dbs invitation like another candidate here, i think because i come from another lower bank which they deem inferior :s13:
DBS conducting interview next week...

buttersteaks

Reaction score
Hi all, I've created a Telegram chat group for those who may want to ask TFIP / Coding related questions and to share the learning journey together. You can join it at this link here.

Hope to see you there!

arcan3

Reaction score
I didn't get contacted by any FI for assessment or interview. Can I know which FI already reached out to the potential candidates?
So far should be DBS, Millennium, UBS, schroders, BOA, AIA and MSIG already sent out email to shortlisted candidate

kboardwarrior

Reaction score
Anyone from the previous batches (full-stack developer) can share your experiences? The monthly allowance is very good but I’m not sure if software developer in FI is a good place to start. Most likely doing more mundane work (debugging, etc)
From previous batch full stack. Depends on which FI you go and which team u end up with . this is hard to tell, you need to ask the interviewers this question during the interview if you are concern about the type of work. But the training at NUS is really good and would 100% recommend.

kboardwarrior

Reaction score
I've applied, but kind of nervous. Not sure how difficult the assessment will be. Judging from previous years' Full Stack Dev intakes, it might be pretty challenging.

Does anyone have any study tips?

:)
Last year the training institution sent some practice on css, html , javascript before the test. Not sure if its the same this year but the test should be based on that if they sent it out. No algorithm questions..

buttersteaks

Reaction score
Last year the training institution sent some practice on css, html , javascript before the test. Not sure if its the same this year but the test should be based on that if they sent it out. No algorithm questions..
Yup! It was pretty manageable. But now there are coding challenges that some banks are having us do. These are probably algorithm questions..

eviL | Live

Reaction score
From previous batch full stack. Depends on which FI you go and which team u end up with . this is hard to tell, you need to ask the interviewers this question during the interview if you are concern about the type of work. But the training at NUS is really good and would 100% recommend.
I see, how’s the experience with the FI you are attached to? Is it ok for me to PM you to find out more ?

arcan3

Reaction score
Anyone want to swap UBS Software Engineering interview? Pls pm me if you want to swap. Thanks

Last edited:

SunWuKungMaoXian

Reaction score
Sianz. I did not get any emails from FI for Software. Should be flunk already. 😂😂😂
yeah, in that case i think it's a bit difficult already. IBF told the FIs to conclude their interview and inform their shortlisted candidates in the next 2-3 weeks.

All the best for your other tracks.

SunWuKungMaoXian

Reaction score
Just to update people who aren't in the chat, DBS has started contacting shortlisted candidates from software engineering to do prehire checks.

Alphii3

Reaction score
Hi all, I've created a Telegram chat group for those who may want to ask TFIP / Coding related questions and to share the learning journey together. You can join it at this link here.

Hope to see you there!
Hi there is the telegram group still active?

Just wondering what are the chances with 0 programming knowledge. Been thinking of applying for this route.

Been reading on this thread, seems like the first test seems to be aptitude more than technical. Followed by the bank test which might be behavioral, personality or maybe technical (if it's technical I'm dead).

Anyone who has experience in this can comment if I'm right?

Thanks!!

buttersteaks

Reaction score
Hi there is the telegram group still active?

Just wondering what are the chances with 0 programming knowledge. Been thinking of applying for this route.

Been reading on this thread, seems like the first test seems to be aptitude more than technical. Followed by the bank test which might be behavioral, personality or maybe technical (if it's technical I'm dead).

Anyone who has experience in this can comment if I'm right?

Thanks!!
Yep! Here's the link https://t.me/+Sdsvx2xbg8o4YWQ9.

And yes, you are correct. The general flow is as you said. I think you can apply anyway, and while you're not required to have technical knowledge, it might be good to pick some up before the interviews.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.