The AMD Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 Discussion Thread

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On my x570 tomahawk, only encounter USB disconnecting on my sd card reader, other peripherals are fine.
But main concern is, though rarely, random system freeze at chrome though, hopefully can fix by bios.

Anyone tried the latest beta? can share/report stability pls? TIA
Not sure if random system freeze in Chrome is something that can be fixed by BIOS though. I am using a B550M Mortar, but don't experience this issue. Could it be something to do with hardware acceleration? I used to run into issues with Chrome with hardware acceleration on regardless of Intel or AMD rigs. In many cases, I tend to disable it and the issue will go away.

The latest BIOS also seems to have fixed the USB disconnection issue. Before the BIOS fix, I will hear the chime in Windows that indicate that a USB device is disconnected and connected randomly. Now I don't hear it anymore, and I don't experience mouse issues, so I assumed the problem is gone.

curryloti

Reaction score
On my x570 tomahawk, only encounter USB disconnecting on my sd card reader, other peripherals are fine.
But main concern is, though rarely, random system freeze at chrome though, hopefully can fix by bios.
tranisent or hard system freeze? :eek:

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Anyone tried the latest beta? can share/report stability pls? TIA
Stability wise I don't have any issues, but some sensor entries in HWInfo disappeared, and I can no longer see the CPU temp and PPT meter in Ryzen Master.

On v163 beta bios for the MSI X570 Tomahawk.

yoman8

Reaction score
tranisent or hard system freeze? :eek:
I could still move my mouse around, but everything start to have minimum respond or no response at all and eventually everything freeze, sometimes mouse still can move though. only way out is to reset. but this happens like once a mth? and usually during very low cpu usage, like only web surfing. I set to performance mode in power settings already

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I could still move my mouse around, but everything start to have minimum respond or no response at all and eventually everything freeze, sometimes mouse still can move though. only way out is to reset. but this happens like once a mth? and usually during very low cpu usage, like only web surfing. I set to performance mode in power settings already
Sounds like what I experienced recently after my failed attempt to update my vbios. Turns out my gpu was too heavy for my motherboard that it was sagging a little bit.

Then again I also reinstalled windows. Maybe ensure all your components are well slotted in.

It’s the same ish behavior. Mouse is responding and everything else freezes not even taskbar is responding.

midlusionz

Reaction score
Sounds like mine previous issue.. but mine happen everyday at least once or twice. It usually happen when i am just watching videos on netflix.. Gaming no problem. End up i backup my stuff and reformat.. So far all good.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm back on v161 beta, power tables seem to be broken on the v163 beta.

The v163 beta added SR-IOV support for the MSI X570 Tomahawk, but I can't seem to enable SR-IOV for my I350-T2 in ESXi when I gave it a go.

yoman8

Reaction score
Sounds like mine previous issue.. but mine happen everyday at least once or twice. It usually happen when i am just watching videos on netflix.. Gaming no problem. End up i backup my stuff and reformat.. So far all good.
yes, only happens when low cpu usage like web surfing/streaming only, if gaming or more intense workload no issue, believe something to do with cpu dip into sleep and crash something, l0l? Hopeful for future bios to resolve

midlusionz

Reaction score
yes, only happens when low cpu usage like web surfing/streaming only, if gaming or more intense workload no issue, believe something to do with cpu dip into sleep and crash something, l0l? Hopeful for future bios to resolve
Did you upgrade your bios previously after your windows is installed?

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh Déjà vu, I just got like 2 system freezes today. :s13:

First time encountering this though, basically my taskbar will stop respoding, then eventually everything freezes and I have to do a hard reset.

Could be my windows install being a bit screwy lately, anyway I'm planning to do a clean install soon, will see whether it helps or not.

midlusionz

Reaction score

First time encountering this though, basically my taskbar will stop respoding, then eventually everything freezes and I have to do a hard reset.

Could be my windows install being a bit screwy lately, anyway I'm planning to do a clean install soon, will see whether it helps or not.
mine is like.. slowly everything not responding, firstly is video will freeze then slowly other stuff will freeze then finally mouse cursor cant move LOL

yoman8

Reaction score
mine is like.. slowly everything not responding, firstly is video will freeze then slowly other stuff will freeze then finally mouse cursor cant move LOL

yea, slowly everything start to freeze and need to reset.

@Mach3.2 waz ur cpu usage like when it occurs? i think many users did not observe due to gaming or mid-high cpu usage consistently.

so wat i do now is open a few more prog and torrent behind, then hardly freeze anymore.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just have 50 over tabs open in chrome, onenote, spotify playing music and a PDF document open when I notice things getting unresponsive.

Don't think my CPU utilisation is high considering those workload.

I also noticed my CPU temp is at around 60 degree Censius with my fans on full tilt when my system become unresponsive since I have hwinfo opened. Usually I idle under 55 degrees Censius. with the fans running silently.

midlusionz

Reaction score
I just have 50 over tabs open in chrome, onenote, spotify playing music and a PDF document open when I notice things getting unresponsive.

Don't think my CPU utilisation is high considering those workload.

I also noticed my CPU temp is at around 60 degree Censius with my fans on full tilt when my system become unresponsive since I have hwinfo opened. Usually I idle under 55 degrees Censius. with the fans running silently.
https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/thread...and-sudden-reboots-on-amd-ryzen-systems.7041/
old version of hwinfo actually cause hang for me when idling not too sure about yours

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

matique

Reaction score
Si3Xqwg.png

JFxTKGs.png

cKApDRE.png

Not the best 5900x around, but it's alright. Max stable FCLK 1966mhz, but i stayed with 1900mhz for stability. This bin consumes more voltage, had to use an aggressive (but stable) curve to get it to not go siao for power. This is with PBO2 + per core (18-30) curve, +100 target paired with 3800c14-14-14-30 ram.

aikishi86

Reaction score
i just upgraded to 5600X from 3800XT. Reset bios setting and only enabled DOCP and set PBO to enabled.

Just wondering if i got a bad chip - ran heavyload and hwinfo together overnight to test if it's stable but somehow it crashes, monitor shows black screen when i woke up in the morning. Got to power cycle my rig before it can power up again. Anyone have the same issue with Zen3 chip? Or i need to reformat my system?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.