The AMD Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 Discussion Thread

SEvsNK

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I'm coming from a 4790k so this is relatively warm for idle.

And yes, i'm using a NZXT x73 which is drawing air from within the case but 50 deg is still kinda scary

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
taobao has never sold any ryzen 9 chip at msrp. even now, boxed 5950x still selling for 1.38k before shipping and taxes, though it did hit 1.7k at one point early this year.
But I wasn't saying that you can find a 5950X at MSRP. Instead I was answering to the question where to find 5950X. ;)

soltrdc

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I'm coming from a 4790k so this is relatively warm for idle.

And yes, i'm using a NZXT x73 which is drawing air from within the case but 50 deg is still kinda scary
Mind sharing what is your case/fan config? There is always a need to balance GPU/CPU cooling in any case

Personally I am using a Jonsbo U5 S for my Ryzen 5600X. This case has one intake location (bottom) and two exhaust location (top and rear). In config 1, the radiator only receives warm-hot air from the GPU. In config 2, there is some cool air drawn from the rear. The result is as much as 5 degrees lower temp on full sustained load (stress test). Incidentally, my PSU (Super Flower Leadex III) also has an option to turn on the fan permanently, which I did, so that it helps with airflow through the case.

JKUF5i4l.jpg
aHHu4Ial.jpg

Another example is in the Lian Li Lancool Mesh case. There is option to mount an AIO on the front or top. Top helps best for GPU cooling but front helps best with CPU cooling.

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi both, its the 5900x. currently idling at 50+. i tried to remounting the aio but still no change in temps. Cinebench R20 just pushed the temps all the way to 90deg. So just wondering if my AIO is up lorry already?

Will go and find out mor on the curve optimizer method as well
Im using the 5900X with X73 cooler. My idle temps are 37 - 41. Cinebench stress test does reach the 90 deg limit, and I think it's alright. I'm using mobo limits.
Make sure your PBO settings are correct and the CPU is allowed to put its cores to sleep. There's a possibility your voltages aren't ramping down when idling, so monitor these in HWmonitor.
My fan speed configuration isn't aggressive at all. Ramps up steeply from 80deg onwards I think. Anything below, I kept it quiet. With 360 rad especially, after a certain speed, it doesnt give much advantage, but ends up being too noisy. I do have 6 fans, in push-pull config.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heng I disabled automatic driver update, it really gets in the way when you use DDU to clean old display drivers and windows decided your GPU need drivers and installed an older version of it. :s39:

JoOs7eR

Reaction score
Anyone knows what might be the best way for us to get 5950x? I emailed a bunch of shops at SLS and a lot of them either don't have it or say they only sell it if you buy a full rig with them.

On carousell, it's either scalpers or shops advertising it bundled with some overpriced motherboard. Either that or the listings put MSRP for sg but then in the listing will say OOS and have to buy "US" version at scalper prices.

Bros with 5950x, did you get them at MSRP?
bought it in dec as a standalone at MSRP.

if msrp + abit of taxes from scapler might as well

just my 2 cents

SEvsNK

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mind sharing what is your case/fan config? There is always a need to balance GPU/CPU cooling in any case

Personally I am using a Jonsbo U5 S for my Ryzen 5600X. This case has one intake location (bottom) and two exhaust location (top and rear). In config 1, the radiator only receives warm-hot air from the GPU. In config 2, there is some cool air drawn from the rear. The result is as much as 5 degrees lower temp on full sustained load (stress test). Incidentally, my PSU (Super Flower Leadex III) also has an option to turn on the fan permanently, which I did, so that it helps with airflow through the case.

JKUF5i4l.jpg

Another example is in the Lian Li Lancool Mesh case. There is option to mount an AIO on the front or top. Top helps best for GPU cooling but front helps best with CPU cooling.
Hi, im using the o11 dynamic with air flow direction like your 1st pic.

SEvsNK

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5900x cooled using nh-d15. Idles at 35-40C based on Ryzen master readout.

90 degree with pbo limits at stock or motherboard? I don't think a 360mm shouldn't be able to cool a 5900x below throttle temps if its at stock. Check mounting pressure, try repaste and make sure u didnt leave behind the plastic thing if its a brand new aio.

50+ is too hot idle. My 5800x water cooled idle is 38-39 idle in ryzen master

Im using the 5900X with X73 cooler. My idle temps are 37 - 41. Cinebench stress test does reach the 90 deg limit, and I think it's alright. I'm using mobo limits.
Make sure your PBO settings are correct and the CPU is allowed to put its cores to sleep. There's a possibility your voltages aren't ramping down when idling, so monitor these in HWmonitor.
My fan speed configuration isn't aggressive at all. Ramps up steeply from 80deg onwards I think. Anything below, I kept it quiet. With 360 rad especially, after a certain speed, it doesnt give much advantage, but ends up being too noisy. I do have 6 fans, in push-pull config.

Finally found out whats happening, hope this will help future buyers if they happen to chance upon the same issue.

I flashed to an older bios. The previous one that i was using was F33i to an F32. Not sure why is there an i at the back, could be a beta version.

Updated my windows power plan to balance, installed the Ryzen chipset for windows and finally updated the PBO curve settings in the bios. Now its running at 42-45 deg on idle with air coming in from the case within. (Reason being i dont want hot air from my AIO to throttle my GPU.)

Now it doesnt hit 90 degs with prime 95, aida 64, cinebench 20 or even real life benchmarking which is gaming on near 4k. (Resident Evil Village). It maxes out at 80 deg give or take.

DaNuker

Reaction score
Why that Amazon.sg listing so siao siao one.

On top put 5950X then on the product description list 5600X 6C/12T with "Wraith stealth cooler" lol.

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Why that Amazon.sg listing so siao siao one.

On top put 5950X then on the product description list 5600X 6C/12T with "Wraith stealth cooler" lol.
this look weird do you have a screenshot to share?

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
5950x at S$1140 srp...
cheaper than old 3950x..

just ordered. arriving end of may. :o
and not availabe in US site yet :s14:
the price just increased by $100 now to $1215.50 fulfilled by Amazon US.

amazon SG list price was $1635 but out of stock, so much different in SG listing. :LOL:

DaNuker

Reaction score
Zzz Also now delay until end June already. Should have hopped on earlier. If it's a real deal then that's a really good price IMO.

Page is zoomed out to show the listing. On top is the correct 5950X specs but then product description all the pictures below refers to 5600X and wraith stealth cooler:

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Zzz Also now delay until end June already. Should have hopped on earlier. If it's a real deal then that's a really good price IMO.

Page is zoomed out to show the listing. On top is the correct 5950X specs but then product description all the pictures below refers to 5600X and wraith stealth cooler:

oh ya I see what you mean now :LOL: hopefully they do not send in the wrong product for the price.

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Amazon.com US have direct stock but the price + Import fee to SG now closed to S$1.55k.

I believe getting from Amazon SG seems more worth it today.

CopySeeSewDye

Reaction score
The initial list price of 5950x at $1140 sgd is the real deal (799usd (msrp)* 1.33 (sgd conversion) * 1.07 (gst)) , this should be an official listing at msrp, can't go any lower already. Hope those who wants it managed to order. Anything above should be from 3rd parties on amazon, still not too bad to pay only 100sgd more.

Also amazon mostly over estimate delivery dates, most likely if u ordered then by next 2 weeks receive.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.