The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

Yongkit

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Mx47JbY.jpg

May I check with all experts, based on my PCMARK10 benchmarks run my 3800x Frequency can go up to 4739Mhz, however the HWiNFO max Frequency only showing 4650.1MHz.

May i know which one is more accurately represent the max Frequency?

curryloti

Reaction score
Think most accurate to look at the hwinfo64 effective clocks reading for the actual speeds, max speed is core 3 T1 at 4388.6MHz.

Which is great for a Zen 2.

Yongkit

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Think most accurate to look at the hwinfo64 effective clocks reading for the actual speeds, max speed is core 3 T1 at 4388.6MHz.

Which is great for a Zen 2.
many thanks :D

I noticed most of time when i playing cyberpunk my clock max around this frequency 4300Mhz++

will try to see if i can push higher possible, as currently air cool so might need to do few more test.

Yongkit

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
1619964714779.png

Just try a few testing on the new x470 bios setup max I could get for my cpu was 4521.8MHz effective clock :) i think this is max of my cpu could do now probably will test playing games and see how stable it is for a period of time.

Yongkit

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
As I am still very new to AMD CPU (since Nov-20) now this Power Reporting Deviation really caught my attention on how efficient the motherboard provide power to the CPU whether it overload the CPU with power based on the AMD structure of different gen mobo matching different gen CPU.

I have read some forum online, to be correctly measure this reading, it seems I need to reset my BIOS (ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 4301) to stock for its to show the correct reading.

Below screenshot was my stock reading for CPU (no OC/UV) + RAM at stock too), it seems I can get the CPU single core to run at close to 4,487.2MHz at air cool condition which was quite impressive to my personal gaming use.

CINEBENCH R23.2 3-5-21 10-27pm.jpg

Any experts here care to share your opinion on how my CPU working or should I do any adjustment in BIOS to make it perform better?

Many thanks.

Yongkit

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
CROSSHAIR VII HERO x470-Motherboard (non wifi version) new update

C7H SATA.jpg

C7H Armoury Crate.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.