The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u dun mind, how did u get that for 80?

I bought corbell too, stacked 109 - 12 laz voucher - 10 bank voucher only 87.

Didnt count shopback / cc rebate bah.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 6 PRO using GAGT

$109 - $20 - $10 = $79 , rounded off $80

edit
OpiY8L1.jpg

Last edited:

PPkiller

Reaction score
Totally agree. I find that while you can pass these tests under long straining it takes games less than an hour to crash.I personally find Battlefield and Battlefront 2 very good to test for stability. I had a crash even after passing P95 small FFTs after an hour. Apparently my cache overclock was high and I had to add another 0.005V to get it to be perfectly stable.

So P95 is not the whole story. If you can game with those kind of games like Battlefield 5 for hours, etc, I would say you are GOLDEN.
P95 under blend.. Can fail even after 8 hrs of ok testing.. So depends on what u want.. If want ultimate stability, 24hrs of p95 is still the golden rule..

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes.. it's the latest....

Earlier bios did have slow 3000 Ryzen boot times. Latest bios fixed it, mine is as fast as Intel.
I see your asrock b450p sadly is still on old bios. Gotta wait or try email asrock.

Amd socket compatibility sounds good on paper nia.. My own experience 2600 was terrible buggy on x570. After switch to 3000, no issues.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
... Amd socket compatibility sounds good on paper nia.. My own experience 2600 was terrible buggy on x570. After switch to 3000, no issues.

I'm using 3700X on X370 with no issues, can hit 4.4 GHz with AGESA 1.0.0.4b and OC DDR4-3200 to DDR4-3866 1:1 Infinity Fabric. So AM4 socket compatibility does work.

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Earlier bios did have slow 3000 Ryzen boot times. Latest bios fixed it, mine is as fast as Intel.
I see your asrock b450p sadly is still on old bios. Gotta wait or try email asrock.

Amd socket compatibility sounds good on paper nia.. My own experience 2600 was terrible buggy on x570. After switch to 3000, no issues.

It depends on motherboard makers bios ma.
Socket compatible is make sure you put am4 CPU into am4 socket and it will work. Buggy or not is bios related. And that's not related to socket itself.

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
let me know the temperature.. i'm using noctua dh-d15 chroma.max.. but single fan cos of the chassis clearance.. have to buy another 120mm for the 2nd fan..

Non-aircon room, idle 31c, Prime95 full load maxed at 62.5c

radioshack

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious.. did u guys installed the AMD chipset driver from the official AMD site???

I installed and enabled the Ryzen high performance plan..

Wonder if there is a performance boost

Last edited:

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious.. did u guys installed the AMD chipset driver from the official AMD site???

I installed and enabled the Ryzen high performance plan..

Wonder if there is a performance boost

It greatly improves the scheduling and teaches Windows how to handle the AMD topology. So yes, I would say it's important. :)

PPkiller

Reaction score
i was playing around.. yesterday there's once it overheated and shutdown.. likely culprit is the dragon center went to enforce it's oc parameter without me knowing.. uninstall it liao..

in ryzen master i use default oc.. the PBO mode inside is too fierce liao.. one of the parameters allowance is 500Watt wo...

then the following is what you will see during prime95.. every test set is different story.. like see saw..

some examples:

the following cpu frequency is auto set by ryzen master profile depending on load at that instance

1. all cpu at 4.2ghz... temperatures looks ok le.. 70+ ( doesn't make sense ah)
2. cpu at 3.5 to 3.8... temperatures something can shoot to 80/90 plus.. ( i guess it is using some instruction sets that will pump the heat very high)
3. cpu frequency 1.x ghz.. i think something is not reading it correctly, temp at 70+ 80. i got this once after 10 hrs+ of p95.. dunno accurate anot.. i stop p95 afterwards and frequency reading back to normal.

Last edited:

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was playing around.. yesterday there's once it overheated and shutdown.. likely culprit is the dragon center went to enforce it's oc parameter without me knowing.. uninstall it liao..

in ryzen master i use default oc.. the PBO mode inside is too fierce liao.. one of the parameters allowance is 500Watt wo...

then the following is what you will see during prime95.. every test set is different story.. like see saw..

some examples:

the following cpu frequency is auto set by ryzen master profile depending on load at that instance

1. all cpu at 4.2ghz... temperatures looks ok le.. 70+ ( doesn't make sense ah)
2. cpu at 3.5 to 3.8... temperatures something can shoot to 80/90 plus.. ( i guess it is using some instruction sets that will pump the heat very high)
3. cpu frequency 1.x ghz.. i think something is not reading it correctly, temp at 70+ 80. i got this once after 10 hrs+ of p95.. dunno accurate anot.. i stop p95 afterwards and frequency reading back to normal.

My temps are very stable leh. But I tried 4350Mhz at 1.375v and it passed TimeSpy twice, but then BSOD. Temps peaked at 73c though. Not bad I guess?

Might try 4200 at 1.35 as well to see if it's stable and just run Prime95 for an hour.

My board is a Gigabyte. Are you on Asus?

What are people hitting with 3700x/3900x?

PPkiller

Reaction score
My temps are very stable leh. But I tried 4350Mhz at 1.375v and it passed TimeSpy twice, but then BSOD. Temps peaked at 73c though. Not bad I guess?

Might try 4200 at 1.35 as well to see if it's stable and just run Prime95 for an hour.

My board is a Gigabyte. Are you on Asus?

What are people hitting with 3700x/3900x?
msi unify.. Mine is use ryzen master, decide on the power envelope (wattage and ampre) let the motherboard overclock by itself.. The default oc options already wild swing base on the load(the different test in p95) .. The PBO or AutoOC is even more fierce..

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use old school bios only, no RM.

Think this is how the pbo settings works.

Pbo - got 3 values, ppt, edc and tdc. These just unlock the thermal and current values the mobo provide to cpu. Cpu itself have own safety limit that no way bios can bypass. So its ok max the 3 limit. Cpu internal safety limit seem to be 185w. Maybe zen3 can accept higher next time

Scalar 1-10X- auto increase vcore, even using 10x, only increase abit only, eg. I saw 1.32v become 1.38v. Cpu use different vcore bands depending on apps. The 1.32v is during certain p95 section. This is like Intel adaptive vcore, that adds offset only when turbo boosting

Autooc - mobo tries to tell cpu to upclock by up to 200mhz with unlock limits. Will depend on silicon quality, but mostly for show only with current 7nm zen2.

With my gigabyte master f11, maxing pbo+scalar+autooc do consistently help increase scores around 2%.

Think there is EDC bug with agesa1.4, if don't put as 0, vcore will not increase and cpu ppt won't reach 185w.

I think you can monitor the cpu ppt values on hwinfo. With pbo set to max, i got 185w top and core temps spike to 90c during section of p95.

Core temp seem dependent on how much watt cpu ppt is loading at.

Also cpuz stress test quickly load the temps to 90c too. Seems like a power virus.

Last edited:

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
msi unify.. Mine is use ryzen master, decide on the power envelope (wattage and ampre) let the motherboard overclock by itself.. The default oc options already wild swing base on the load(the different test in p95) .. The PBO or AutoOC is even more fierce..

I tested with Ryzen master too but only used Manual. PBO feels like cheating. I'm on a custom loop though so that might help with temps

PPkiller

Reaction score
I use old school bios only, no RM.

Think this is how the pbo settings works.

Pbo - got 3 values, ppt, edc and tdc. These just unlock the thermal and current values the mobo provide to cpu. Cpu itself have own safety limit that no way bios can bypass. So its ok max the 3 limit. Cpu internal safety limit seem to be 185w. Maybe zen3 can accept higher next time

Scalar 1-10X- auto increase vcore, even using 10x, only increase abit only, eg. I saw 1.32v become 1.38v. Cpu use different vcore bands depending on apps. The 1.32v is during certain p95 section. This is like Intel adaptive vcore, that adds offset only when turbo boosting

Autooc - mobo tries to tell cpu to upclock by up to 200mhz with unlock limits. Will depend on silicon quality, but mostly for show only with current 7nm zen2.

With my gigabyte master f11, maxing pbo+scalar+autooc do consistently help increase scores around 2%.

Think there is EDC bug with agesa1.4, if don't put as 0, vcore will not increase and cpu ppt won't reach 185w.

I think you can monitor the cpu ppt values on hwinfo. With pbo set to max, i got 185w top and core temps spike to 90c during section of p95.

Core temp seem dependent on how much watt cpu ppt is loading at.

Also cpuz stress test quickly load the temps to 90c too. Seems like a power virus.
this is what i observe during p95.. on default oc(the default infra limit).. some test will max out ppt.. some test will max out edc.. some will max out tdc...

for test that max out tdc.. the cpu frequency will drop to about 3.5... but if you increase the limit for tdc, the base line will increase as well.. to about 3.8 if you give enuff head room..

edc helps with those test that will give you higher frequency (those that get boosted to above 4ghz)

i'm getting a 2nd smaller fan for my nh-d15 (ram n chassis allowance does not permit the 2nd default fan).. hopefully the thermal can be managed better..

radioshack

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Once i downloaded and installed the AMD chipset drivers from the AMD official site..i do not need to install the Asrock All in one driver already right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.