The battle of Acer Inspire 5 and Dell Inspiron 14 2 in 1

kennycai

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any idea which model is better?

1.Acer Inspire 5 vs
2. Dell Inspiron 14 2 in 1 5410

Both uses the Intel core i5 1135G7 processor+ 8 gd ram and 512 gd SSD.

Wonder why for the same spec Dell is more ex by $200 than AceršŸ¤”

Is it worth to pay $200 for a Dell touch screen n rotatable screen ?

Comments and advises are greatly appreciated;)

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dell may have issues wwith motherboard, so make sure to get 3 year warranty

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any idea which model is better?

1.Acer Inspire 5 vs
2. Dell Inspiron 14 2 in 1 5410

Both uses the Intel core i5 1135G7 processor+ 8 gd ram and 512 gd SSD.

Wonder why for the same spec Dell is more ex by $200 than AceršŸ¤”

Is it worth to pay $200 for a Dell touch screen n rotatable screen ?

Comments and advises are greatly appreciated;)
I like the 2in1 form factor myself. Have used it in tent and tablet modes often enough to say it's decent.

But Windows 10's implementation of tablet mode is still somewhat poor and somewhat glitchy. Am hoping that will change in future with Win 11.

kennycai

Reaction score
Tablet mode glitchy hmm is it related to the speaker?the salesman at dell shop told me some do encounter speaker prob n they normally will install a driver to correct it

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Tablet mode glitchy hmm is it related to the speaker?the salesman at dell shop told me some do encounter speaker prob n they normally will install a driver to correct it
Not so much the speaker. My long-term experience with it is with a Lenovo X1 Yoga.

It's just that Windows isn't built for tablet mode - so it feels unpolished and hacked together. It's still very much a keyboard+mouse operating system, so that touch usability is very sketchy. It works, but it's not intuitive nor natural unlike a dedicated tablet like the iPad. For absolutely basic simple tasks like reading a PDF document, it's acceptable. But to actually use it as an OS, it needs a lot more work. This is probably why the Microsoft Surface will not really do without a keyboard.

But just having the options and the ability to use it as such once in a while is really useful to me. Even in a classroom/seminar setting, to be able to pull up a blank whiteboard app and draw on the screen to copy whatever is written on the whiteboard by the lecturer is a big bonus in learning usability. Or those lazy moments watching Netflix, and leaving it in tent mode.

kennycai

Reaction score
Yea,agree with you windows as an OS for tablet is Abit cmi,it's jus a touch screen without keyboard..

But I guess tat point shld be improved after further version of windows comes up....

huytoan132

Reaction score
What do you mean by not durable
hinge will break after sometimes, potentially break your laptop screen connector. If you want 2-in-1, better buy something Premium like Surface. Ignore this if you're changing laptop every year like me :)

Pearce

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hinge will break after sometimes, potentially break your laptop screen connector. If you want 2-in-1, better buy something Premium like Surface. Ignore this if you're changing laptop every year like me :)
As in you have used Dell and hinge broke? Or 2 in 1 laptops will have chance to break the hinge?

My friend advised me don't buy surface pro model. Spoil very fast

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.