The Contact Lenses Thread

Captain Underwear

Reaction score
of cos u can. just get some one to find the right contact lens for you. Do not buy over the counter without anyone putting diffrent brands of lenses and looking at the lens with a microscope.

Will the shop help you find the right contact lens for you? The last time I bought contacts was in 2009 and I don't remember the shop putting different brands of contacts for me to try

warhunter

Reaction score
Will the shop help you find the right contact lens for you? The last time I bought contacts was in 2009 and I don't remember the shop putting different brands of contacts for me to try
All the shop don't do cos nobody ask and nobody pays. It takes quite a long time to do such fittings. But its all for the good of the patients

yewdes

Reaction score
To get the right contact lens solution, it's good to get recommendation from the optician. They will usually give u sample size bottles along with new contact lens. Choosing the right contact lens solution is imps! I had bad experiences with certain brands...

Though my eyes are sensitive, Alcon works for me. Alcon- opti free

warhunter

Reaction score
To get the right contact lens solution, it's good to get recommendation from the optician. They will usually give u sample size bottles along with new contact lens. Choosing the right contact lens solution is imps! I had bad experiences with certain brands...

Though my eyes are sensitive, Alcon works for me. Alcon- opti free
Opticians don't do contact Lens. They're there to do sales and make money for their boss. Make sure you ask your optometrist for follow ups to check suitability.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just gotten acuveu moist @ 75MYR each box of 30s. Focus dailies can be gotten for 50MYR. I'm at Sungei Wang BTW. The prices OK?

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone who sells/prescribe/provide contact lenses without a valid license to practice optometry is illegal in Singapore.

okie got it, just googled them. They operate from NZ, they have sites catering to both AU and SG.

Captain Underwear

Reaction score
anyone has any experience that the contacts have a hard time being able to 'stick' on the eyeball? I've had such experience before even after practicing more. thought it might be cuz i have small eyes :(

warhunter

Reaction score
anyone has any experience that the contacts have a hard time being able to 'stick' on the eyeball? I've had such experience before even after practicing more. thought it might be cuz i have small eyes :(

Your contact lens may not be suitable for your eye. Get a proper fitting dude

smithted

Reaction score
Guys,

I am wearing spec for many years. my degree is 425 and astigmatism 50 for both eye. I went to brought a box of contact lens. They given me 450 for both eye, but i got a problem. When i wear it, i can see things which are far, when i look things when is near like handphone, i am not able to see clearly, i need to move the phone a bit far. Is it normal?

Thanks

warhunter

Reaction score
Guys,

I am wearing spec for many years. my degree is 425 and astigmatism 50 for both eye. I went to brought a box of contact lens. They given me 450 for both eye, but i got a problem. When i wear it, i can see things which are far, when i look things when is near like handphone, i am not able to see clearly, i need to move the phone a bit far. Is it normal?

Thanks
Are you nearing 40s? Or above 40s likely you got lao hua. And your prescription should be lower than your glasses. By theory. With glasses of -425 your contact lens should be -4. Make sure your lenses are fitted by an optometrist. Make sure the power and the size is right. I doubt its done properly. Or you just bought over the counter without checking your eye health and size.

smithted

Reaction score
i got no lao hua. I am early thirties, i got no problem looking at things which are near when i am wearing specs. But once i put on the contact lens, liao. i cant see things clearly which are near. They check my eyes before selling it to me.

warhunter

Reaction score
i got no lao hua. I am early thirties, i got no problem looking at things which are near when i am wearing specs. But once i put on the contact lens, liao. i cant see things clearly which are near. They check my eyes before selling it to me.
You sure is optometrist check your eye? You sure they done all the checks required? Including the health of your eye. The lens fitting etc. Get another opinion from another optometrist. Another possibility. Your spec power over powered. Check the name of your "optometrist" on OOB register. Make sure he really is an optometrist. https://prs.moh.gov.sg/prs/internet/profSearch/mshowSearchSummaryByName.action?hpe=OOB

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.