The Contact Lenses Thread

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
i hving this issue w my newly prescribed contact lens too :(

things appear fuzzy, not sharp, no matter or far. went back to check w optician. they under-prescribed 25 deg for both eyes, and i think astig wasnt adjust fully (i have rather high astig). by right, that is like the SOP, so they are puzzled as to y i cant see things as sharp as I shld be.

i oso need to keep rubbing my eyes, which according to them is normal, cos my eyes not used to the lens yet. but 1 mth le still no improvement, n seems getting worse? :/

Xerovix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i hving this issue w my newly prescribed contact lens too :(

things appear fuzzy, not sharp, no matter or far. went back to check w optician. they under-prescribed 25 deg for both eyes, and i think astig wasnt adjust fully (i have rather high astig). by right, that is like the SOP, so they are puzzled as to y i cant see things as sharp as I shld be.

i oso need to keep rubbing my eyes, which according to them is normal, cos my eyes not used to the lens yet. but 1 mth le still no improvement, n seems getting worse? :/

far and near sight blur may be due to astigmatic or other reason. a trained optometrist should be able to notice the problem.

your eyes itchy? the problem may be due to the solution....

w/o proper checking, it is difficult to diagnose the problem. advise you to stop wearing the lens and visit an optometrist.

sporadic

Reaction score
Miru contact lens?

Guys, I walked past this shop at the new wing of PS. Miru Contact lens. it looks pretty good but has anyone tried it?

Scarlet Tea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey peeps!

got my contact lenses from bangkok and it cost 200 baht per pair (if you do not how to speak thai otherwise 100 - 150 baht)

it is more comfortable than our regular expensive brands like freshkon, acuvue and etc.

G37iDOj.jpg

Brand: Dream Color/Lollipop

Last edited:

mecinerada

Reaction score
Hey all, gotten my contact lens from "__Neo__" who has offered a cheaper deal than what I could get elsewhere. My experience with him makes me feel that he is pretty responsive to messages and is not just interested in earning your money but also concerned if the lens is suitable for you and etc.

So, I got my lens in less than 2 weeks, which was quite alright. The lens were personally delivered by him too FOC and he still checks with me whether the contact lens were alright rather even after the deal.

Overall, I would recommend getting your lens from him if you think that his price is reasonable. As for me, I would get my future lens from him :)

Stratix

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got my contacts from neo also, pretty good guy even thou i only got 2 boxes to try out, since it's my first time wearing dailies.

should get from him lah. those shops really earn too much from these stuff~

shermanoes

Reaction score
i get all of my contacts from a shop in china town then to save money i head to JB to get the same contacts for half the price. Just show the ppl in JB the box and they can get you the same ones for half price :D

CallmeZen

Reaction score
i get all of my contacts from a shop in china town then to save money i head to JB to get the same contacts for half the price. Just show the ppl in JB the box and they can get you the same ones for half price :D

Hi,

Able to share jb where and which shop? Looking to get some daily lense.

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time wearer here..

Got my 4 boxes of contacts from the optician yesterday. Started wearing today. Took me close to 10 mins to wear both sides..

I bought Acuvue dailys for astig. My sis was telling me I should hve gotten monthly contacts instead.

Any ideas?

CallmeZen

Reaction score
I think any optical shop in JB also cheap ba, just that inconvenient to travel and slightly dangerous to go JB. haha!:s13:

Haha, I go jb regularly. Time to take a look.

My regular optician quoted me 40 for a box of 1 day acuvue moist. Shall see jb got cheaper not.

CallmeZen

Reaction score
First time wearer here..

Got my 4 boxes of contacts from the optician yesterday. Started wearing today. Took me close to 10 mins to wear both sides..

I bought Acuvue dailys for astig. My sis was telling me I should hve gotten monthly contacts instead.

Any ideas?

Must weight the pros and cons lor.

Dailys more expensive, but use and throw. No need spend on solution. No need worry about protein deposit.

Monthly cheaper. But if anything happen like lost 1 side, 1 side broke or sensitive eyes sometime, that 1 pair that's it.

I used to use monthly one, first 2 weeks is OK. After that my eyes start getting red like after 5-6hrs. Washed and try again also same. End up 1 month buy 2 pair of monthly lenses.

I guess I'm just an isolated case, my gf has no issue with her monthly lens. But I'm gonna try the 1 day acuvue moist soon to see how it goes.

slowpokie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think any optical shop in JB also cheap ba, just that inconvenient to travel and slightly dangerous to go JB. haha!:s13:

Went ksl for me....... walk a few rounds.... somehow tt shop is cheaper 10rm per box... like wise all standard price

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time wearer here..

Any ideas?

Depends how often u intend to wear + how diligent u r. If wear everyday n u diligent, monthly better. Every day rmber rub w solution. Dun lazy n get urself infected.

If u wear only once in a while randomly or even just few times a week then get daily lor. Wear n throw away.

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advice! :) so far no discomfort with wearing the lense. Some things appear alittle fuzzy. Not sure it's cos I'm not used to it or the prescription is off..

warhunter

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advice! :) so far no discomfort with wearing the lense. Some things appear alittle fuzzy. Not sure it's cos I'm not used to it or the prescription is off..
Might be because the lens does not fit your eyes. Not everything is due to your prescription power. Like I always said. Contact lenses are prescription only medical device and needs to be prescribed not bought. If you bought it off the counter. Good luck to you

warhunter

Reaction score
Hi Neo

Can you pm me too?

Thanks
Contact lens needs to be prescribed. Not you suka suka want to change lens go somewhere else buy another brand. If anything happens to your eye. You're to blame. Risk of infections due to contact lens is 20 per 10000 people per year. Though the risk is low. The consequence of getting infections is high. Consequences are losing sight, severe pain and suffering

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.