The end of DPReview ( new update )

Reaction score
yeah, kind of sad, they have very good review and comparison between the digital camera and the samples as well.

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Camera itself already obsolete. These ppl jiak liao bee. Just focus on reviewing mobile phone .
Not true. Phone camera hardware is too small compared to a proper camera. I do pixel peeping and I can see the difference.

Is the fact that human have gotten increasingly lazy and phones have better work process.

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not true. Phone camera hardware is too small compared to a proper camera. I do pixel peeping and I can see the difference.

Is the fact that human have gotten increasingly lazy and phones have better work process.
Aiya, who cares whether you peep here peep there? The majority don’t peep mah. Market is driven by business fundamentals. We can talk all the theory but numbers still counts. Unless the numbers for professional cameras increase, it is a sunset industry.
Eventually with Leica, Sony all focusing their R&D on smaller and better sensors, I quite sure future direction is phone

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiya, who cares whether you peep here peep there? The majority don’t peep mah. Market is driven by business fundamentals. We can talk all the theory but numbers still counts. Unless the numbers for professional cameras increase, it is a sunset industry.
Eventually with Leica, Sony all focusing their R&D on smaller and better sensors, I quite sure future direction is phone
It’s true that professional cameras hype may well and truly be over. But camera does one job, and it does pretty well. Unlike phones, Jack of all trades, master of none. Like Singapore Govt.

I edited in VSCO/snapseed. And I will always have it so be done in PC.

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s true that professional cameras hype may well and truly be over. But camera does one job, and it does pretty well. Unlike phones, Jack of all trades, master of none. Like Singapore Govt.

I edited in VSCO/snapseed. And I will always have it so be done in PC.
Yes bro! I totally agree with you. But as someone who shoot with DSLR and just change to shooting with phone 2 years ago using 11 Pro max then switching to 14 Pro max. The phone technology (both hardware and software) has evolved so much due to the huge market size. Many companies are throwing money in to do R&D. Camera is a stand-alone like u mentioned and phone is integrated. Integrated means shoot then can use AI to edit then export to all your friends by WeChat, whatapps, Instagram etc etc in mins. All these are simply priceless. And not forgetting kana lowball by buyers when they want to buy ur gears. All suddenly acquire microscopic eyes and can see dots, white specks, fungus, simi lansia. Phone every 2-3 years change so no problem

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes bro! I totally agree with you. But as someone who shoot with DSLR and just change to shooting with phone 2 years ago using 11 Pro max then switching to 14 Pro max. The phone technology (both hardware and software) has evolved so much due to the huge market size. Many companies are throwing money in to do R&D. Camera is a stand-alone like u mentioned and phone is integrated. Integrated means shoot then can use AI to edit then export to all your friends by WeChat, whatapps, Instagram etc etc in mins. All these are simply priceless. And not forgetting kana lowball by buyers when they want to buy ur gears. All suddenly acquire microscopic eyes and can see dots, white specks, fungus, simi lansia. Phone every 2-3 years change so no problem
Mmm on your first part. Basically AI is doing the most heavy lifting for smartphones cameras.

As for gears, that’s the beauty of buying a brand with good ecosystems. In fact it is good to buy a brand like Sony. I could buy a decent lens like 24-105 F4 G optical steady shot for less than 1k. Then just keep inside the dry cabinet to avoid fungus Lor.

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mmm on your first part. Basically AI is doing the most heavy lifting for smartphones cameras.

As for gears, that’s the beauty of buying a brand with good ecosystems. In fact it is good to buy a brand like Sony. I could buy a decent lens like 24-105 F4 G optical steady shot for less than 1k. Then just keep inside the dry cabinet to avoid fungus Lor.
You try selling to those ppl who got microscopic eye and imaginative brain. Haha

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Possibly their last preview writeup ?

https://m.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-zv-e1-preview

"I won't get to find out how successful it is at that, partly because DPReview is closing before I'll get the chance .." :(
Most probably! Unless Sony surprise us with A7cii. Very unlikely

I’m slightly worried that the new A7cii won’t get a better evf. Only an improved UI and screen. ZV-E1 uses the same body. This could give us a hint to the next gen A7c

Last edited:

Parka

Master Member
Reaction score
Such a valuable website that's written down to $0 by Amazon.

Amazon management is so stupid

TanKianW

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many years ago, people tell me that film will not take over digital cameras. Kodak ftw. In the end digital cameras took over.

Now people tell me mobile phone cameras with AI still cannot take over their professional DSLR gear. Trust me.....now a lot of "professional photographers" also need to find other avenues for income liao. After a while, those who still think tech will not take over one.......will eventually be take over....Now people use mobile phone take photo even nicer than some of the photographers I know in the industry. Mobile phones are empowering even the less camera-tech-savvy person with the power (close) to professional photography and editing.

My advise for photographers and graphic designers are to go learn AI. Generative/Transformative AI. Your job will be gone in the next 4-5 years or earlier.....I'm serious.

Amazon is at the forefront of tech and probably sees all this coming much earlier than most.​

Last edited:

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most of us took up photography as hobby / craft. so no need to worry much, just do what u like. u can follow herd or be independent thinker.

folks who do photography for living & produce content for the mass will need follow the trend, can't be helped

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My advise for photographers and graphic designers are to go learn AI. Generative/Transformative AI. Your job will be gone in the next 4-5 years or earlier.....I'm serious.

Amazon is at the forefront of tech and probably sees all this coming much earlier than most.​
Amazon is probably only good in cloud services, other CSP are catching up.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.