The Gazania and The Lilium

noimagine

Reaction score
These two freehold projects The Lilium and The Gazania along How Sun Drive/Road must be one of the worst-performing launches in recent years. Lilium sold 1 unit out of 80 (1.25%) and The Gazania sold 32 units out of 250 (12.8%). Given the location, I wonder why? :ROFLMAO:
Selling pts
- Near to Bartley MRT
- Within 1km to Maris Stella
- Freehold
- Away from main road
- Developer Singhaiyi is decent
- Pricing wise quite in line with the rest of the RCR FH condos

So I really don't know whats going on. Anyone here has some ideas why?

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
- Near to Bartley MRT
Lilium is not so near to MRT, if you consider having to walk up and down the slope from/to it.
- Away from main road
Lilium is right next to the main road - Upper Paya Lebar Road, though units may not be facing the main road directly, it would likely still get road noise from that.
Both projects are OCR, not RCR.

Basically, Gazania is way overpriced, while Lilium is overpriced.

䏣炆玧示老太

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These two freehold projects The Lilium and The Gazania along How Sun Drive/Road must be one of the worst-performing launches in recent years. Lilium sold 1 unit out of 80 (1.25%) and The Gazania sold 32 units out of 250 (12.8%). Given the location, I wonder why? :ROFLMAO:
Selling pts
- Near to Bartley MRT
- Within 1km to Maris Stella
- Freehold
- Away from main road
- Developer Singhaiyi is decent

So I really don't know whats going on. Anyone here has some ideas why?
Near to Bartley MRT? try walking I'm sure >5 mins
Within 1km to Maris Stella? so what.......mediocre sec school
Freehold? poor location give me free also don't want
Away from main road...exactly add to the walking distance to MRT
Developer Singhaiyi is decent...no comment,not familiar
Pricing wise quite in line with the rest of the RCR FH condos....because location equally bad,if not worse?

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait for Bartly Vue to launch, then perhaps Gazania/Lilium would move. Maybe, Maybe not. Cos Bartley Vue expected $17xxpsf not sure if anyone would pay $300psf premium for the FH status. The location had little to no amenities imo.

kpkb

Reaction score
I feel that area in Bartley is in a “neither here or there” location. Near RCR but not really inside, surrounding malls/amenties like Nex, future woodleigh are near but not really walkable. At close to $2k psf, there are many better options.

zaclee

Reaction score
Price, developer are not attractive. Location quite ok, but nothing fancy.

Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel that area in Bartley is in a “neither here or there” location. Near RCR but not really inside, surrounding malls/amenties like Nex, future woodleigh are near but not really walkable. At close to $2k psf, there are many better options.
At $2k psf, if u are not after the FH status, there is Landmark, One North Eden with more amenities around the neighbourhood. If u are after the FH status, at $18xx-$19xxpsf there is Urban Treasures.

䏣炆玧示老太

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At $2k psf, if u are not after the FH status, there is Landmark, One North Eden with more amenities around the neighbourhood. If u are after the FH status, at $18xx-$19xxpsf there is Urban Treasures.
It's always about comparison
you can either find a cheaper or better or faster or nicer.
if you're always mid-tier in every judgement criteria then you'd end up overall last pick,such is life

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Wait for Bartly Vue to launch, then perhaps Gazania/Lilium would move. Maybe, Maybe not. Cos Bartley Vue expected $17xxpsf not sure if anyone would pay $300psf premium for the FH status. The location had little to no amenities imo.
Where you get the number from? I read news article analyst expected about $1,550psf and then the land rate also ended up lower.

You need to learn how to back your claims up. It is happening way too often...

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Lilium is not so near to MRT, if you consider having to walk up and down the slope from/to it.

Lilium is right next to the main road - Upper Paya Lebar Road, though units may not be facing the main road directly, it would likely still get road noise from that.

Both projects are OCR, not RCR.

Basically, Gazania is way overpriced, while Lilium is overpriced.
$2000psf don't seem overpriced any more? What prices are lilium and gazania going for now anyway? Any agents?

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where you get the number from? I read news article analyst expected about $1,550psf and then the land rate also ended up lower.

You need to learn how to back your claims up. It is happening way too often...
The figures were from online marketing ad, news article analyst figures are also prediction similar to those online but if u take into account the variables below.

Land cost $8xxpsf if I recall, small development, sellers market, don’t think will be about $1550psf.

u need to learn to be more discerning and maybe humble? Less u continue to “offend” more ppl :)

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
The figures were from online marketing ad, news article analyst figures are also prediction similar to those online but if u take into account the variables below.

Land cost $8xxpsf if I recall, small development, sellers market, don’t think will be about $1550psf.

u need to learn to be more discerning and maybe humble? Less u continue to “offend” more ppl :)
You should know by now I love "offending" you in particular. But really, I am not trying to offend you. You are infamous for unjustified claims, sweeping statements and fake news. You need to change. I have already refrained from point out your mistakes quite a few times.

G&L can't sell at 2000. What makes you so confident about vue. It is quite a walk to the mrt and equally noisy.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You should know by now I love "offending" you in particular. But really, I am not trying to offend you. You are infamous for unjustified claims, sweeping statements and fake news. You need to change. I have already refrained from point out your mistakes quite a few times.

G&L can't sell at 2000. What makes you so confident about vue. It is quite a walk to the mrt and equally noisy.
Haha but I’m not offended. How is it fake when it’s from agents marketing the site? I would say it’s expected pricing. $1550psf is likely to be fake for those factors I list. I didn’t say I am confident abt Vue. I think Bartley not a good buy in general, would rather Pasir Ris 8 for $16-17xxpsf (based on expected pricing).

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha but I’m not offended. How is it fake when it’s from agents marketing the site? I would say it’s expected pricing. $1550psf is likely to be fake for those factors I list. I didn’t say I am confident abt Vue. I think Bartley not a good buy in general, would rather Pasir Ris 8 for $16-17xxpsf (based on expected pricing).
Haha. Agents marketing site....

Anyway this vue site is not large. Don't think there will be a tennis court.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha. Agents marketing site....

Anyway this vue site is not large. Don't think there will be a tennis court.
Now u know why u need to be more discerning news articles or agents marketing sites are the same. DYODD.

That’s why buy Pasir Ris 8 lo...

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Now u know why u need to be more discerning news articles or agents marketing sites are the same. DYODD.

That’s why buy Pasir Ris 8 lo...
News articles are definitely more credible than agents marketing sites....

At least the analysts in the news is identified and qualified. The agents marketing sites are created by any tom dick harry agent. One project has plenty of different websites.

That will be a tough choice. Pasir Ris is on one end of the island. Though Vue is more central, it is very noisy next to the road and highway, and a distance to walk to mrt.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
News articles are definitely more credible than agents marketing sites....

At least the analysts in the news is identified and qualified. The agents marketing sites are created by any tom dick harry agent. One project has plenty of different websites.

That will be a tough choice. Pasir Ris is on one end of the island. Though Vue is more central, it is very noisy next to the road and highway, and a distance to walk to mrt.
News article analyst are based on market sentiment and material cost at the time of land purchase for this site it’s about 1-1.5years ago. Back then it was buyers market and construction cost aint that high yet, now it’s the complete opposite. Agents details are more recent and dated.

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
News article analyst are based on market sentiment and material cost at the time of land purchase for this site it’s about 1-1.5years ago. Back then it was buyers market and construction cost aint that high yet, now it’s the complete opposite. Agents details are more recent and dated.
Though I have no info, I would agree that developer likely would have to be more careful, and factor in the unforeseen risks of higher labour and material costs for the construction.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Though I have no info, I would agree that developer likely would have to be more careful, and factor in the unforeseen risks of higher labour and material costs for the construction.
Not sure if u would agree that the expected prices would be ~$17xxpsf based on agents expected pricing or the $1550psf ms hola quotes from news paper sources, since land bid was $885psf.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.