The Gazania and The Lilium

Clazav

Reaction score
Thank you for your recommendations. While I am not targetting these schools (boy and not Chinese) your suggestions brings another important question I had. Leasehold vs Freehold for 15+yr properties. I notice that leaseholds generally don't appreciate much from 15yr onwards. And due to lease decay wouldn't they depreciate in the 20 to 30 yr period? Isnt it better to get freehold for older properties?
There are other resale freehold in that area. Much cheaper. Why don't you explore those projects?

googoogaga

Reaction score
There are other resale freehold in that area. Much cheaper. Why don't you explore those projects?
Do you mean around Maris Stella? Yes I am looking at them now. Is this considered a good residential area though? I see a few industries nearby.

Clazav

Reaction score
Do you mean around Maris Stella? Yes I am looking at them now. Is this considered a good residential area though? I see a few industries nearby.
The industries are light and on the opposite side of upper paya Lebar, to me it is fine. The good point is that it is near a circle line station. It brings you to every other mrt line with just one transit.

googoogaga

Reaction score
The industries are light and on the opposite side of upper paya Lebar, to me it is fine. The good point is that it is near a circle line station. It brings you to every other mrt line with just one transit.
I saw all the options available for sale now. including the LH projects. None of them interest me at the moment. Only a few were large developments with > 300 units and even they had issues like bedrooms can have only single beds, dual key units and unnecessary terraces. When AC ledge is bigger than one of the bedrooms it's a huge red flag. Maybe it's the area's low GFA that attract such bad layouts?
I will keep checking here. Schools like Maris Stella, St Andrews and Yangzheng interest me around this area. Not so elite but should make a difference to stay nearby.

Oftheseas

Reaction score
I saw all the options available for sale now. including the LH projects. None of them interest me at the moment. Only a few were large developments with > 300 units and even they had issues like bedrooms can have only single beds, dual key units and unnecessary terraces. When AC ledge is bigger than one of the bedrooms it's a huge red flag. Maybe it's the area's low GFA that attract such bad layouts?
I will keep checking here. Schools like Maris Stella, St Andrews and Yangzheng interest me around this area. Not so elite but should make a difference to stay nearby.
If school is one of your major considerations, Avon Park and one block of Park Colonial is within 1 km of your 3 choice schools.

Clazav

Reaction score
Try minton then. Cheaper option, near to plmgs and ms (only for certain blocks).

googoogaga

Reaction score
Yes I know. Just a suggestion since TS also was looking at the Bartley LH condos too. Well, if he has time can just try to fish for good deal.
Yes thank you. I was gonna say this is a very good option. The 4 bedder if it comes for a good price

Gibbfa

Reaction score
Bartley area always feels very industrial to me. What shopping centres are nearby ? The food options also not that much

Lmao0101

Reaction score
Bartley area always feels very industrial to me. What shopping centres are nearby ? The food options also not that much
Got Nex la, don't be so bad. Just that you have to squeeze every weekday at 6pm onwards and weekends whole day.

Lmao0101

Reaction score
Bidadari transformation should bring more convenience. If you drive, Bartley is actually a pretty nice place given it's connectivity to major expressways.

Problem isn't Bartley, just developer being too bullish and overpaying for land. Buyers are not fools.

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Prefer Serangoon gardens/Kovan anytime.
even Potong Pasir/woodleigh is better.
Bartley is really boring. Apart from marist Stella , don’t see any other compelling reason to live there
Bartley closer towards taiseng

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.