The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, anybody user Redken clay and do double coating before styling?

Lets say i towel dry my hair till slightly damp and i apply a layer of clay first before blow drying. the applying of clay is just the top part or must go through the hair?

please advise thanks.

Seldom do i see people apply clay on damp hair. Clay is supposed to be dry and comes with matte effect. Applying it on damp hair is behind the rationality of allowing your hair to be accompanied with slight shine. And wax or pomade is often used in this situation, rather than clay because clay is precisely lacking of shine in the first place.

Because wax/pomade contains oil in it, it will become easier to style when it comes into contact with the water contents on damp hair. So experiment it out on your own will make you understand even better.

draagoon

Reaction score
hey guys, any hair spray that is available off the shelf that have the similar result as the Feeling Powerpoint spray? I feel that the powerpoint spray a bit expensive for me. :o

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, any hair spray that is available off the shelf that have the similar result as the Feeling Powerpoint spray? I feel that the powerpoint spray a bit expensive for me. :o

i think cheap spray would be gatsby that leaves you with white flake.
Salon standard spray def will cost you about $20 and above. Powerpoint spray i think is priced quite reasonably. lol if buy already, review and let us know if its good!

Osis+ will set you back around $15-$20+ also.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Everyone views price differently because price sensitivity is different. If you were to ask me, other alternatives will be Gatsby or New Look Hair Spray. Both can be gotten easily at Watsons or Guardians. Gatsby is cheap but due to the ingredients used, you will definitely have white flakes if you touch your hair through the day (trust me. you will definitely touch your hair somehow or rather). U can try New Look if you find Powerpoint expensive but then again, New Look is not lightweight. But its better than Gatsby no matter what. Hope it helps you on this. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everyone views price differently because price sensitivity is different. If you were to ask me, other alternatives will be Gatsby or New Look Hair Spray. Both can be gotten easily at Watsons or Guardians. Gatsby is cheap but due to the ingredients used, you will definitely have white flakes if you touch your hair through the day (trust me. you will definitely touch your hair somehow or rather). U can try New Look if you find Powerpoint expensive but then again, New Look is not lightweight. But its better than Gatsby no matter what. Hope it helps you on this. :)

Sorry for the typo. Its Good Look, not New Look.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried to do my quiff today. The sea salt spray gave me amazing volume. Perfect for quiff. But not a good pair with the Redken fiber cream. I think hdf scheme cream or other clay will work better. Fiber cream works best on its own.

Damn sg humid weather though.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried to do my quiff today. The sea salt spray gave me amazing volume. Perfect for quiff. But not a good pair with the Redken fiber cream. I think hdf scheme cream or other clay will work better. Fiber cream works best on its own.

Damn sg humid weather though.

Glad to hear that the saltwater spray helps you much! On a side note, saltwater spray helps to control the oils in our hair, especially so when SG is of such humid weather. :)

Xenoxide

Reaction score
Heads up! Watsons just started selling purple toner. Good for those bottle blondes who dont want the orange colour. Trying it now!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that the saltwater spray helps you much! On a side note, saltwater spray helps to control the oils in our hair, especially so when SG is of such humid weather. :)
My hair stayed matt and dry the entire day. Almost 24hours. Haha

solaryzed

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for a sea salt spray. Can someone tell me where i can find one?

low_key_goer

Reaction score
I cut my hair every 4 weeks. Did you cut your hair short or long? What kind of hair style you currently have? maybe hair spray is all you need to keep the style?

I usually style my hair as accordingly to my length. When I go for a haircut, I usually cut my sides short and keep my top long and textured. Currently going for side comb for work and quiff for going out.

Care to share how u maintain the 'puffy' look or 'volume' of side comb. Mine gets flat after a while.
Thanks.

solaryzed

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new in this section. I have this addiction of changing hair colours every now and then, especially now that I'm in a polytechnic. Do you guys have any advice on how often I should dye so that it doesn't damage my hair? I'm aware of hair masks as well but hadn't personally tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.