• Check out all the winners of HWM + HWZ Tech Awards 2021

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is an effective way to get rid of dandruff? tried nearly every product known to men but still no use. is it advisable to consult yun nam? :s13::s13::s13:

Am guessing that your hair is oily and causes dandruff. Do try out deep cleansing shampoo! It will effectively remove the excess oils from your hair. Hope it helps for your case. :)

Yun Nam will make your wallet bleed but if you got the spare cash, then its possible.

Nurse.Vijay

Master Member
Reaction score
honestly, i dunno is it lucky or not that im 'stuck' with purple. i pop by 1 day just to try out the salon and there was no1 inside. purple decided to take me on and cut for me. so whenever i go back i will look for her but apparently her schedule is quite booked all the time :s22:

same here, made an appt once w/o specifying anyone in particular.
but haven't went back for subsequent visit with her yet, wonder how much time in advance is needed to make a appt with her.

then again I went during off-peak hr back then so maybe that's why there wasn't much ppl.

I usually will book her 3-4 days in advance. Most of the time i will go on Friday evening.

I've been booking her for appointments on the same day so far. Quite lucky to get it but maybe because it's always odd hours. Don't worry the hype will die off soon. It's like a cat150 cheekon getting a lot of customers after a good fr. :s13:

ZettaBeam

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am planning to cut my hair in a few days time probably at FEP. I was wondering if icon shunji matsuo is any good and what salon you all can recommend me at a budget of about 50. :)

zish82

Reaction score
just a review for hairy portal:

bought the hairbond moulder. damn glad to finally be able to lay hands on it in SG after all the rave reviews I have read about it.

Pro:
- quality is damn high & the reviews were not wrong about it
- matt and VERY natural finish

con:
- the hold is not very good even though its 4 stars out of 5 for the hold factor. somehow maybe its my hair or its singapore humidity but the hold isn't very impressive even after using my OSIS hairspray. end of the day can see more and more fly-aways as the hold weakens
- sometimes after rubbing too much, it sorts of 'liquidfy' into a watery substance.

trying to compensate for the hold by mixing a bit of my uevo grey with it everytime i use. the uevo grey is a little too dry for my liking. still trying to get the hang of it...

Thank you for your review deadbeat :D

saggice

Reaction score
I've been booking her for appointments on the same day so far. Quite lucky to get it but maybe because it's always odd hours. Don't worry the hype will die off soon. It's like a cat150 cheekon getting a lot of customers after a good fr. :s13:

hahahaa CAT150, what a description.... but then for hairstyling, having a good looking stylist is not sustainable lah.

We just want to go for a good haircut experience and in the end look good !~!! =) For salon, there are just too many choices out there !

Anybody check out some Korean salons at 313/Orchard Central ?
Is it Malaysians there too?

Last edited:

Nurse.Vijay

Master Member
Reaction score
hahahaa CAT150, what a description.... but then for hairstyling, having a good looking stylist is not sustainable lah.

We just want to go for a good haircut experience and in the end look good !~!! =) For salon, there are just too many choices out there !

Anybody check out some Korean salons at 313/Orchard Central ?
Is it Malaysians there too?

seriously! i spoke to purple the other time, she was saying on certain weeks she is packed with appointments but some weeks quite free. i believe they get a lot of new business but lesser returning customers.

that said i think their package good for those younger ones lah. cut and dye or cut and perm less than 100bucks outside where to get. actually quite value for money. but usually working ppl wouldn't take up de.:s13:

dj_flame

Reaction score
On oogling women, the place in FEP where I get my hair done normally has not-bad-looking female customers. Also value for money, only $28 for me. :D

dj_flame

Reaction score
Clover. Near entrance to FEP. Ever since they shifted to there from lvl 3, got alot of rich (and sometimes hot) tai tai influx. Not that I'm complaining.

saggice

Reaction score
Clover. Near entrance to FEP. Ever since they shifted to there from lvl 3, got alot of rich (and sometimes hot) tai tai influx. Not that I'm complaining.

so ogle at the other female customers ah? not a bad idea too. haha.

For purple side, nothing to see, all guy customers, sian. Lol.

saggice

Reaction score
seriously! i spoke to purple the other time, she was saying on certain weeks she is packed with appointments but some weeks quite free. i believe they get a lot of new business but lesser returning customers.

that said i think their package good for those younger ones lah. cut and dye or cut and perm less than 100bucks outside where to get. actually quite value for money. but usually working ppl wouldn't take up de.:s13:

Yes I would guess so, lesser returning customers.

Prices at FEP salons are roughly the same, I don mind to check out the Level 5 too and other places.

Agree, for working ppl... I guess we want somewhere really comfortable and a good relaxing session.

Nurse.Vijay

Master Member
Reaction score
so ogle at the other female customers ah? not a bad idea too. haha.

For purple side, nothing to see, all guy customers, sian. Lol.

a lot of geeks. tshirt with jeans and sneakers and messenger bag.

zish82

Reaction score
I have my haircut at D Hairworks Salon at York Hotel Lobby.

I don't owe the salon. The price for a hair cut is around $28 to $30 plus as well.

Sam is quite good. Can make an appointment with him at 67336541

KrystalDFTD

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am planning to cut my hair in a few days time probably at FEP. I was wondering if icon shunji matsuo is any good and what salon you all can recommend me at a budget of about 50. :)

Dude, go to shunji matsuo at 313. Look for Chisato. She's the director. Haircut is $50.20. They are having discount for the director's now. usual price $59

saggice

Reaction score
Dude, go to shunji matsuo at 313. Look for Chisato. She's the director. Haircut is $50.20. They are having discount for the director's now. usual price $59

Chisato.... any good? sounds like a true Japanese stylist. Cool.
I will try there the next haircut.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
feel like trying pomade but not sure where can get sample. lol. i scare buy alr i don't like.
the hdf scheme cream is good and all but the hold isn't that fantastic. the good thing that it looks natural. sometimes i wanna try the defined look but at the same time i am afraid i can't pull it off.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
feel like trying pomade but not sure where can get sample. lol. i scare buy alr i don't like.
the hdf scheme cream is good and all but the hold isn't that fantastic. the good thing that it looks natural. sometimes i wanna try the defined look but at the same time i am afraid i can't pull it off.

The first product that came to my mind after reading this is Lolane Head Up Gel Gum. Able to give you the defined look. IMO, pomade is real hard to get it off your hair. But of course, some people might find it perfectly alright to use pomade too. Afterall, its hard to find a product that pleases everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.