The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you guys recommend to use with the hanz de fuko quicksand? hdf sponge wax? was concerned about the holding strength as reviews have stated that it might not last a full day (short hair here) is hairspray necessary?

do you guys usually use quicksand on moist hair and blow dry or do you use it on dry hair?

For now, I'm planning to use wif hairspray. Still looking for 1... normally I will dry my hair to semi dry den spray sum seasalt spray and continue to blow again... den apply quicksand and blow to the style I wan....

Finally apply little bit of quicksand to touch up...

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2D09hoe.jpg

anybody want to share? :o

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you guys recommend to use with the hanz de fuko quicksand? hdf sponge wax? was concerned about the holding strength as reviews have stated that it might not last a full day (short hair here) is hairspray necessary?

do you guys usually use quicksand on moist hair and blow dry or do you use it on dry hair?

quicksand is not meant to be used with moist hair. even if you apply in moist hair, you will have to blow dry afterwards.

a styling tip, always use product on dry hair unless it's a wet product.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Directions say can wet leh

Can wet, it will be like sea salt spray. Create volume lor. But best used with dry hair.

All products can be used on wet hair, just that it's not recommended. They are made for dry hajr because of their matte properties.

Only pre-set products like mousse, sea salt spray etc is meant to be used on wet hair. Pomade also best use on dry hair even though it's water based.

And with dry hair. The product will hold out longer. Haha

My old stylist at chapter 2 told me when I was 17 years old. Haha.

josephkjc

Reaction score
Can wet, it will be like sea salt spray. Create volume lor. But best used with dry hair.

All products can be used on wet hair, just that it's not recommended. They are made for dry hajr because of their matte properties.

Only pre-set products like mousse, sea salt spray etc is meant to be used on wet hair. Pomade also best use on dry hair even though it's water based.

So for quick sand it is better to use on dry hair rather than damp hair and blow dry?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Agreed. Rule of thumb. Dry products on dry hair. Liquid form products on wet hair.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For now, I'm planning to use wif hairspray. Still looking for 1... normally I will dry my hair to semi dry den spray sum seasalt spray and continue to blow again... den apply quicksand and blow to the style I wan....

Finally apply little bit of quicksand to touch up...

Give PowerPoint Hair Spray or VOI Hair Spray a try. High and medium control hair spray respectively. :)

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
So for quick sand it is better to use on dry hair rather than damp hair and blow dry?

When use in damp hair, apply alittle to give the hair some texture and volume and then blow dry your hair to whatever style you want. Then you can either apply sponge wax or quicksand or any other styling product to style it. If not you can just blow dry it and apply quicksand.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Waseh you use damn a lot of stuffs onto your hair leh bro. Anyway for kanebo shampoo, its an acidic shampoo whereby it not only moisturizes your hair by keeping it balanced at the right moist due to pH 5.5, the acidity helps to effectively combat against the excess dirty oils and impurities. So that explains why you feel its like a 2 in 1 (shampoo + conditioner) but its not. Its just shampoo alone. So at the end of the day, different people have different preferences. Glad that you like the vantachi deep cleansing shampoo too! :)

i know the secret ingredient for the kanebo shampoo le! the smell and texture were familiar and today i use again confirm plus chop inside got shea butter.

some of you guys like these kinda special ingredients kinda thing right? shea butter sure hear before ba! probably inside got cocoa butter also... these two butters are usually added together. the shea butter was the stuff that made me think that there was conditioner mixed into it.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a sneak preview of the new seasalt spray that i will be bringing in. Eco Sea Salt Spray from US.

[IMhttp://theprettyjerk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/IMG-20130803-WA0017.jpg[/IMG]

[ttp://theprettyjerk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/IMG-20130803-WA0016.jpg[/IMG]

Nice! Lol will buy after I try the tigi sea salt spray. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.