The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boltstorm

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GPGT - this kind of hairstyle call what? got photo sample?

this kind of hairstyle, like mushroom head, but insides shaved.

n short at the back too.

call what huh? how to tell stylist to cut?

I cant find photo sample of guy hair.

photo here

24pf66c.jpg

110dgls.jpg

nice or not? suitable for guy? how bout girl? too short for girl?

just show the stylist these 2 pic can liao

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup, always see them use like damn good, lol very versatille. Wanna give it a try.

Cool sia I saw the vids le.

But it's gonna be slightly harder to wash off, which I prefer lol. They put petroleum jelly inside like those old style pomade.

Anyway up there that hairstyle is just undercut wad. Just show the picture anyway? Our layman lingo might not be the same as theirs.(Lol bolt replied as I was typing this msg.)

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

But it's gonna be slightly harder to wash off, which I prefer lol. They put petroleum jelly inside like those old style pomade.

Anyway up there that hairstyle is just undercut wad. Just show the picture anyway? Our layman lingo might not be the same as theirs.(Lol bolt replied as I was typing this msg.)
Got ah? But they say it's easy to wash off. Haha. The after effect like very smooth and soft leh. Slikharr sabo. Make me into hdf also. Haha

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, i just bought the catwalk seasalt spray from beuatybay.

currently, i am using Joico Ice erratic clay however the hold is not strong.

May i know is it a must to use hairdryer for my hair to hold? and do i apply clay first then the seasalt spray?

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Got ah? But they say it's easy to wash off. Haha. The after effect like very smooth and soft leh. Slikharr sabo. Make me into hdf also. Haha

Easy compared to old style pomade la! But sure harder than nigelle all these. The guy say he go run come back no diff, like win only

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

May i know is it a must to use hairdryer for my hair to hold? and do i apply clay first then the seasalt spray?

Its always good to blowdry your hair after applying seasalt spray. Because its not mist and it don't evaporate that easily so blow-drying will help in the aspects of drying and creating better volume. Use the seasalt spray before you style your hair. So, use seasalt spray then use your joico clay then end it off with a hair spray if u need to.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

WOW petroleum jelly. This is damn hard to get it off. Good luck gaoxing. If your scalp itches again, remember to find me. :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GPGT - this kind of hairstyle call what? got photo sample?

this kind of hairstyle, like mushroom head, but insides shaved.

n short at the back too.

call what huh? how to tell stylist to cut?

I cant find photo sample of guy hair.

photo here

24pf66c.jpg

110dgls.jpg

nice or not? suitable for guy? how bout girl? too short for girl?

IMO, its a bit hard to pull it off. Short hair is already not very popular among girls in SG, let alone such that makes it even more special. Depending on ur face shape and your confidence level, this can be pretty seductive if you can pull it off.

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its always good to blowdry your hair after applying seasalt spray. Because its not mist and it don't evaporate that easily so blow-drying will help in the aspects of drying and creating better volume. Use the seasalt spray before you style your hair. So, use seasalt spray then use your joico clay then end it off with a hair spray if u need to.

thanks ** for the wonderful insight, i am pretty noob in styling hair btw.

Joico clay is kinda rough in texture, should i add abit of water to make it easier to style my hair? Are there better alternatives out there to replace this clay i am using?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sea salt spray is a pre styling product. Like mousse and hair cream. All require hair dryer to blow onto shape. But it can be also use as a stand alone product.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Joico clay is kinda rough in texture, should i add abit of water to make it easier to style my hair? Are there better alternatives out there to replace this clay i am using?
Add water will create shine and weight. Not sure if you going for this look.

Try nigelle from leejhong or quicksand from hdf

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WOW petroleum jelly. This is damn hard to get it off. Good luck gaoxing. If your scalp itches again, remember to find me. :D
Haha. I already order alr from you. So no worries. Sure support you la. Haha. I think it's the same as Sebastian clay. I got few years of experience with Sebastian clay. So this shld be ok. Haha. A little can go along way. Just wanna try. Haha.

But shld be easier to wash off. Not as bad as moving rubber hahaha

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Add water will create shine and weight. Not sure if you going for this look.

Try nigelle from leejhong or quicksand from hdf

weight meaning my hair will keep dropping down only?

i saw the quicksand reviews over here, seems to be pretty awesome.

if i do get the quicksand, do i apply quicksand for styling first and later spray seasalt for the volume+hold?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
weight meaning my hair will keep dropping down only?

i saw the quicksand reviews over here, seems to be pretty awesome.

if i do get the quicksand, do i apply quicksand for styling first and later spray seasalt for the volume+hold?

Sea salt spray is always pre styling. It's supposed to use it on wet hair then blow dry. When dry then apply the clay.

You have to create volume first ma.

Weight with shine are usually for slick back or those flatter hairstyle.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No problem at all man. :)

Clay typically is harder to apply than wax, or at least for me. Like mentioned by gaoxing, you can give either nigelle clay (very expensive, i know but very easy to apply) or hdf quicksand from mensbazaar. Alternatively, 90degrees wax is also easy to apply and works very well with seasalt spray. Being an organic wax, it is less damaging to one's hair and gives decent and reasonable hold. :)

Adding a bit of water while styling with clay will indeed give a bit of shine and weight. I wouldnt do so if i were u. Fundamentally breaking the entire purpose of using clay in the first place as its supposed to give a matte texture finish.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Clay typically is harder to apply than wax, or at least for me. Like mentioned by gaoxing, you can give either nigelle clay (very expensive, i know but very easy to apply) or hdf quicksand from mensbazaar. Alternatively, 90degrees wax is also easy to apply and works very well with seasalt spray. Being an organic wax, it is less damaging to one's hair and gives decent and reasonable hold. :)

Adding a bit of water while styling with clay will indeed give a bit of shine and weight. I wouldnt do so if i were u. Fundamentally breaking the entire purpose of using clay in the first place as its supposed to give a matte texture finish.
Yes and clay is meant to be use dry. Most styling product even water based pomade works well on dry hair.

angel99999

Master Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents,

I actually use the Sea Salt spray on dry hair.
I tried lots of times use on wet hair then blow but still flat like nothing applied, just can only feel some texture of the product.

It's pretty good because it's cheap and quicksand wise don't need apply as much.

I guess it work differently for different hair, choose whichever gives best results.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents,

I actually use the Sea Salt spray on dry hair.
I tried lots of times use on wet hair then blow but still flat like nothing applied, just can only feel some texture of the product.

It's pretty good because it's cheap and quicksand wise don't need apply as much.

I guess it work differently for different hair, choose whichever gives best results.

Got to agree with you on this bro. Even though i feel best results are better seen when one uses seasalt spray on damp hair, this doesnt mean that this is the best way for everyone else. And hence, like what angel stated, choose whichever method that gives you the best results.

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks to ** and gaoxing for the advise!

May I know who can i get HDF quicksand from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.