The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today use gold digger and powerpoint. Is for the win. And kms sea salt really lose to OS. Not as dry thought but the hold lousier than OS. The only thing it's softer to touch and smell like grapefruit

Until now, i feel so glad that i recommended you PowerPoint bro. Ultimately, different products serve different need. Without hair spray, not say that its impossible but it will be relatively hard to set and fix the desired hair shape in place. :)

Yeah every product will have tradeoffs. I also tried KMS too and the hold itself, like you said, isn't that good. In fact, most seasalt sprays are all around that range. Vantachi sea spray, Eco sea spray and even KMS have very little or insignificant variation. With that said, the holding factor and how OS sea spray mattifies and structures my hair however made me amazed till today.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Until now, i feel so glad that i recommended you PowerPoint bro. Ultimately, different products serve different need. Without hair spray, not say that its impossible but it will be relatively hard to set and fix the desired hair shape in place. :)

Yeah every product will have tradeoffs. I also tried KMS too and the hold itself, like you said, isn't that good. In fact, most seasalt sprays are all around that range. Vantachi sea spray, Eco sea spray and even KMS have very little or insignificant variation. With that said, the holding factor and how OS sea spray mattifies and structures my hair however made me amazed till today.
Yup. That's true. That's why get the gold digger bundle with OS sea salt spray! Haha. Kms is less dry only. Haha. I use combi of the sea salt and heat protector. Haha

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You know I can't wait to use the SSS+GD and Quicksand combo after going to cut a shorter hair style on this Friday to achieve a Quiff for my fringe!

Actually how should my back head's hair cut? Those undercut or shave? I think if nv put off well, I sure look like some beng kia. . Haha

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
You know I can't wait to use the SSS+GD and Quicksand combo after going to cut a shorter hair style on this Friday to achieve a Quiff for my fringe!

Actually how should my back head's hair cut? Those undercut or shave? I think if nv put off well, I sure look like some beng kia. . Haha

hmm i tot quiff need longer hair? or am i understanding quiff wrongly?

haha isnt the beng part the point? :s13:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
oh ya.... SSS to gd without drying. just.... dont. weirdest experiences ever. :/ its like it melts the GD and no matter what cant stay. everything just weighs down and just generally awkward to do. i did it so you dont have it! hahaha

but.... GD then QS is pretty good! use abit of qs to coat the outer portion of hair and give it a nice finish. abit like how wood gets a nice polish that feeling. very nice. try this one xD

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Mine quite long ah.. Then it totally can't comb and very disobedience.

That time I able to do it but it keep falling down as it's heavy..

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

hmm? how long wor. past ur nose?

that time got someone (i tink gx?) post a vid of this dude having fringe thats past his chin lol

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually, there are short and long quiff. But naturally, the fringe have to be of certain length. As long as the crown is long enough to be buckled and keep the sides short, i think the quiff should look just fine. And i dont think quiff focuses on being beng leh.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Undercut for back will be a bit beng i feel. Either you slope it or undercut depends on the look that you want to portray. Personally, i like to slope it but not high slope though to look neater from the back. But now my hair too long liao so it looks damn ugly.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh ya.... SSS to gd without drying. just.... dont. weirdest experiences ever. :/ its like it melts the GD and no matter what cant stay. everything just weighs down and just generally awkward to do. i did it so you dont have it! hahaha

but.... GD then QS is pretty good! use abit of qs to coat the outer portion of hair and give it a nice finish. abit like how wood gets a nice polish that feeling. very nice. try this one xD

Not enough of experiments in school ah? Back at home, oso experiment. Truly a scientist bro. :s13:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Its actually very hard to do a quiff with your current fringe length because its really long. Asian hair texture very hard to do long quiff, i feel. However, i think if you permed it, it will be easier to achieve long quiff but you will definitely need hair spray to get the job done though.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm? how long wor. past ur nose?

that time got someone (i tink gx?) post a vid of this dude having fringe thats past his chin lol

I think its either gaoxing or deadbeat who posted that. But i thought that isnt a quiff video. Its a pomp or slick back video if i didnt remember it wrongly. And fringe length past nose is DAMN LONG. :eek:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think its either gaoxing or deadbeat who posted that. But i thought that isnt a quiff video. Its a pomp or slick back video if i didnt remember it wrongly. And fringe length past nose is DAMN LONG. :eek:

that one is youtube name is coollikeabird. lol his hair damn long. he can practically bite his fringe and his sides is short one.

sian i need to cut hair again. haha my sides like grass, front so long. need some trimming. time to see purple again. lol

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Undercut for back will be a bit beng i feel. Either you slope it or undercut depends on the look that you want to portray. Personally, i like to slope it but not high slope though to look neater from the back. But now my hair too long liao so it looks damn ugly.

SLOPE! neater. haha don't leave the hair behind too long. Cfm beng. Give it some texture if you don't want to have a full slope. Texture means layer it. haha depends on your stylist lo. haha

Actually, there are short and long quiff. But naturally, the fringe have to be of certain length. As long as the crown is long enough to be buckled and keep the sides short, i think the quiff should look just fine. And i dont think quiff focuses on being beng leh.

Quiff alot of skinny act hipster beng is having now.
Actually quiff is now used in fashion runways and alot of celebrity is pulling off right now. like 1D :s22:

beng is still the long emo hair. LOL

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WOW! 11 batches already for GOLD DIGGER!

GIVE AWAY FOR THE first 10 BATCH WILL CONDUCT SHORTLY!!!!

after all the items has been delivered to everyone!

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its actually very hard to do a quiff with your current fringe length because its really long. Asian hair texture very hard to do long quiff, i feel. However, i think if you permed it, it will be easier to achieve long quiff but you will definitely need hair spray to get the job done though.

Ya! You see my hair before. It grows super straight and lay flat. My hair texture is the most chui and hardest to achieve the quiff style one.

Even hairspray also cannot guarantee. Hahaa

Oh yes. Can recommend any supermarket type of shampoo? Just temporary use it before the kanebo restock?

I using head & shoulder but it always make my hair so dry but the scalp much cleaner.

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya! You see my hair before. It grows super straight and lay flat. My hair texture is the most chui and hardest to achieve the quiff style one.

Oh yes. Can recommend any supermarket type of shampoo? Just temporary use it before the kanebo restock?

I using head & shoulder but it always make my hair so dry but the scalp much cleaner.

Personally, i used before head & shoulder anti dandruff and silkpro. I don't like head & shoulders though coz it can't cleanse the styling products properly and at that point of time, caused some hairfall problem for me. But this is just me. Maybe others wont have this problem. Alternatively, silkpro (normal) can be one of your options to consider too. Think they do have the small packaging type. Else, i think some bros might suggest herbal essence but i just like the smell only.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Haha. Bro u wanna see my hair anot? Haha same. Haha it's see how you style it. Haha if I can, you sure can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.