The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolts

Master Member
Reaction score
this product amazon cannot ship direct to singapore?:s11:

Cannot. Seller dun ship to singapore. Have to ship via Vpost

It's good if you have greasy hair that is causing sebum to build up at the roots and causing hair loss. Those harsh shampoo using Sls is bad for people with sensitive scalp.

But if hair loss is not due to oily hair problem, the shampoo will not work.

Last edited:

PetiaC

Reaction score
My wife help me to get some styling product from her workplace, the brand never heard before one.

Nitro Hair Styling Spray 420ml
Ingredients:
Tons of chemicals. Alcohol and Butane gas

MP Supor Clay 100ml
Ingredients:
Water, Clay, 3 types of wax, Vaseline, etc

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
My wife help me to get some styling product from her workplace, the brand never heard before one.

Nitro Hair Styling Spray 420ml
Ingredients:
Tons of chemicals. Alcohol and Butane gas

MP Supor Clay 100ml
Ingredients:
Water, Clay, 3 types of wax, Vaseline, etc

win liao. cannot google one.:eek:

bolts

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyway, just to share my my own experience.

I have greasy hair that is causing hair loss. To control the oil and sebum, I have to shampoo twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night.

The problem is if I use anti-hair loss shampoo that contain harsh chemicals, it affects my scalp even more because I am shampooing twice a day. But, if I only shampoo once, cannot control the oil completely.

So, end up just get a pure organic anti hair-loss shampoo that won't cause more problem to the scalp with twice a day shampooing. I suspect anyone with oily hair loss problem can benefit by just switching to any organic shampoo without Sls.

Also, cutting down on food that seems to make my face and scalp produce oil, helps significantly. For example, chili, oily food, deep-fried, sotong, coconut oil, dried shrimp cause problem for me. So, I cut down on those.

PetiaC

Reaction score
win liao. cannot google one.:eek:

The clay-wax thingy I describe as matte and medium hold. Easy to apply compared to pomade.

The hairspray is not very light. Will weigh down a bit. And it imparts shine to the hair. Not sure is I spam too much.

Edit: i think i didnt use the hair spray properly. Hair all clump together. Later when to comb the hair again to remove the clumps and now looks much better.

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The clay-wax thingy I describe as matte and medium hold. Easy to apply compared to pomade.

The hairspray is not very light. Will weigh down a bit. And it imparts shine to the hair. Not sure is I spam too much.

Edit: i think i didnt use the hair spray properly. Hair all clump together. Later when to comb the hair again to remove the clumps and now looks much better.

Perhaps you are spraying it too near. Should work better if you spray it from an armlength away. :)

PetiaC

Reaction score
Perhaps you are spraying it too near. Should work better if you spray it from an armlength away. :)

sorry i noob, first time use hairspray. arm too short hard to maneuver the baygon spray.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Additional I spark some fire with my lighter on your hair. Hahaha

Btw.. The redken aerate 08 mousse cream is awesome! Easier to style and tidy! Now mousse is a must before using SSS spray! Shiok!

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Additional I spark some fire with my lighter on your hair. Hahaha

Btw.. The redken aerate 08 mousse cream is awesome! Easier to style and tidy! Now mousse is a must before using SSS spray! Shiok!

Means you use 4 products on your hair? :s11:

Mousse, SSS spray, wax/clay then hair spray again? :s11:

OpticalBoy

Reaction score
USE POWERPOINT! SMELLS GOOD AND GOOD HOLD!

Anyway, no need me to reply everyone already cause JH is here to do so!

Natural outlook = matte. lol cannot be shiny.

anyway, those who wanna use pomade, first rule, hair must be long. hair not long, the weight of pomade will cause it to flop.

that's what i have experienced.

anyway those using supermarket brands or watson brand, time to elevate your own status and use professional products because the price difference is not that huge. probably $10+ more only!

professional products = better ingredient use, easier to wash out and definitely not as damaging.

GOLD DIGGER = ULTRA HOLD (did i oversell? lol) and finish off in between matte and glossy. A perfect touch! SUPER VERSATILE!

Nigelle Bold Make Clay = SUPER HIGH HOLD and VERY MATTE! Easy to use as well!

LOLANE FIBER GEL GUM = this is like a good alternative to pomade. Shine + easier to dry as compared to pomade. Loving this! using it to style my hair after gym!

ABOVE ALL! USE SEA SALT SPRAY to complement all these hair products! this is a gem for us asian. use it well and it will go a long way!

and of course with all said professional styling products, you will need a good shampoo to cleanse out all the impurities after a long day outdoors. Dirt,Grime and oil!

USE CARBOLIC SHAMPOO by Q8 or Kanebo Lissage Shampoo!

Sorry my engrish not as good as JH but i think message has been sent across!

100 TUBS OF GOLD DIGGER SOLD! MASS ORDER SUCCESS! MILESTONE! haha

heh sry for the super late quote hahaha redigging up the old posts cos i just came back from reservist (but no need cut hair :D)

the way i use the Osis+ 3 hair spray is through short bursts about 20-30 cm away from hair so that it doesnt have a wet look but gives an extremely good hold. though if you spray it too close or too long/much it does make your hair clump tgt and flop and has a wet look. the key is to not use it too near and not to apply too much! comes with practice!

the price point for this? i used to get the 300 ml ones for like 11-13 bucks from chinatown and recently using the 500 ml one for $15.50 (like damn cheap right?!). my previous 500ml one lasted me like half a year or so. when i was in TW i managed to find those tiny 100 ml ones which are great for a touch up when you're outside. just put it in your bag (i like to carry a small pouch around. NO ITS NOT A PURSE)

I guess my hairstyles tend to be a little loud so i like sprays that freeze it in place like when i just styled it. though i used to do pomps (back and sometimes angled to the side) and it worked fine for me (though no restyling as gx and jh bros mentioned). or maybe i just dont know how to make natural looking hairstyles:(. maybe later i'll try to dig up some pics to ask you all for comments. hahaha

to add on to what natural styles are like : they are supposed to make it as though that is your natural look. literally. as if this is the default hair you were born with lol. like very little effort was needed to achieve such an awesome look. doesnt look like you had to fight hard and do alot for your hair. and as with most styles, it doesnt look like you overdid it.

also, to comment on GD which i got from gx few weeks back;
its a relatively strong wax(?) and it dries really really fast. perhaps im using it wrongly as i only take a bit at a time and rub it around before applying it to my hair without adding water. it gives a relatively matte look but still seems to give me the impression that if i use more it will have a sort of sheen to it and harden my hair.

currently i'm using a cocktail of GD with my old tub of Lazulite Popping Mix Clay to achieve a not so strong hold and give my hair a natural bounce after blow drying with the SSS (also thanks to gx and jh bros) and finishing off with a light spray of osis+. seems to work fine, but sometimes if i am in a rush and use too much GD while making the cocktail, the hair get too wet a look to my liking. so in short, its up to you to maximize the potential of it. a ferarri is only as good as its driver yea?

to those who have tried Lazulite Popping Mix Clay before, I would say that GD is probably 3/5 as strong as it in terms of hold and GD gives a wetter look than it( but note that the lazulite clay prolly has a shine of 0 which is as matte as it can get). also the fragrance is much better with a watermelony kind of fragrance that i really like. I got lazulite popping mix clay in HK randomly about 2 years back and when i checked online for pics just now to send to my friend who is gg to hk and asking her to get it back for me, it seems that they have changed their packaging so im not sure if its the same one.

lastly, guys, use the kanebo shampoo! its freaking awesome! i used the sample jh bro packed and it was damn good. gonna order it from him! heh.

Cheers people!:D

OpticalBoy

Reaction score
haha that clay tt Im using! but its clay and i dont think as easy to wash off as GD. got strength but has its own drawbacks i suppose. as with most styling products, use sparingly! bit by bit apply into hair. if you go gorh one lump out and use gd luck to styling your hair sia.

*clay all got v strong hold but its not the same as wax tts y called clay

zish82

Reaction score
Great news! Hanz de Fuko Claymation has arrived.

Place your order at HairyPortal now!

Hanz De Fuko Claymation at HairyPortal - $26.90

Hanz de Fuko Modify Pomade, Scheme Cream, Hybridized Wax and Sponge wax all available as well.

HANZ-DE-FUKO-CLAYMATION-2T.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.